• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Provo Police have arrested a Utah man after a 4-month-old girl died in Provo.

Officers said 23-year-old Cameron Willingham is in the Utah County Jail on suspicion of child abuse homicide.

Willingham is the boyfriend of the baby’s mother, not the child’s father.

A search of court records found Willingham was charged with domestic violence against a pregnant woman in 2016.

Authorities responded to a call about a baby not breathing March 19.

Police found the baby, Nevaeh King, unresponsive and with serious injuries.

She was flown to the hospital and died days later on March 21.

“Through the autopsy, it was found that she had serious head and neck injuries as well as abdominal hemorrhaging,” said Sgt. Nisha King with Provo Police.

Shea Dunn, Nevaeh’s biological father, is heartbroken.

“The only thing I know is she was crying out in pain and I could feel it as a father,” Dunn said.

He tells FOX 13 that both he and the infant’s mother shared custody. Monday, he received a call no parent wants to hear.

“I was called by the mother, telling me that our daughter stopped breathing and she was being Life Flighted,” Dunn said.

He has a difficult time comprehending how such a heinous crime could happen to an innocent child.

“She was only 4 months,” Dunn said. “Its beyond terrible. I have no words.”

While nothing can bring back his daughter, he is hoping the person responsible is brought to justice.

“It’s about the only thing keeping me going right now,” Dunn said.

This is an active investigation. Police urge anyone who needs help, especially young parents, to seek assistance to prevent this type of tragedy.
http://fox13now.com/2018/03/22/provo-man-arrested-in-death-of-4-month-old-baby-girl/
875d5509-2634-438a-923e-c4b84a5053a9-large16x9_CameronWillingham.jpg

[doublepost=1521831984,1521831628][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1521832206][/doublepost]
DY6X5t9W0AQjnsj.jpg

Bet the poor baby's middle name was some variation of Cheyenne

OH Lord! :(I never thought about it before, but my son's foster baby is named Shyann. So i hope the curse skips her, she's the closest thing I got to a grandbaby. I would never recover from that.:(:arghh:
[doublepost=1521839999,1521833214][/doublepost]
. I would never recover from that.

I wasn't being funny.

OH Lord! :(I never thought about it before, but my son's foster baby is named Shyann. So i hope the curse skips her, she's the closest thing I got to a grandbaby. I would never recover from that.:(:arghh:
[doublepost=1521839999,1521833214][/doublepost]

I wasn't being funny.

You would, you know. I lost a child and the most insensitive thing said to me at the time, was 'I just could not bear that, I would kill myself'. Obviously, because I didn't kill myself and leave my other child motherless, this person loved their children more than I did, because I somehow did bear it.

@Satanica
During a preliminary hearing Monday, Cameron Willingham, a man accused of killing his girlfriends 4-month-old baby, pleaded guilty to first-degree felony child abuse homicide.

The judge accepted the guilty plea.

In a probable cause statement filed by police Willingham admitted to "tossing" the baby onto the bed....

He told police the baby was "freaking out" and gave her a bottle. He said he gave her bottle to stop her behavior. But police claimed the bottle "contained dried up formula and mold as if old and not applied as stated by Cameron."

The baby's mother didn't want to appear on camera but defended him saying "he didn't do this. He's not like that."

News4Utah found her website where she appeared angry with people who had posted on her page. She again told those people that Willingham was innocent and not to judge him from his past.

@Satanica @cubby
Sometime before she was beaten to death in March 2018, a picture was taken of 4-month-old Nevaeh King wearing a hot pink onesie as she looked at the camera with clear blue eyes.

This was the picture on the T-shirts of family members who attended the sentencing for Cameron Willingham, a Provo man charged with killing Nevaeh last year.

“We think we’re happy now that we finally got justice for her and we don’t have to think about him anymore,” said step-great-grandmother Pat Perkins.

Willingham, 24, was sentenced on Thursday to five years to life in prison for child abuse homicide, a first-degree felony.

In exchange for a plea deal, a second-degree felony of obstructing justice was dismissed. He was also given credit for the 13 months he spent in custody at the Utah County Jail.

In an autopsy, investigators found the girl had extensive intracranial, brain and spinal damage, as well as blunt trauma to her head, severe injuries to her eyes and multiple hemorrhages in her abdominal area.

Doctors at Primary Children’s Hospital said the baby’s injuries had been caused by severe shaking, squeezing and multiple impacts to the head.

The baby also showed signs of severe malnutrition and dehydration, “showing that this child’s death was likely caused by inflicted injuries and child abuse,” the charging documents state.

Willingham reportedly told investigators he had watched the baby for four hours and he was the only one with the child before the baby stopped breathing.

He also told officers he put the baby on the couch and had given her a bottle with formula to keep the baby from “freaking out,” court documents state. He then reportedly took a shower and found the baby unresponsive on the couch.

Investigators found the baby bottle near the sink and not near the child, charging documents reported. The bottle was reportedly full of dried formula and mold.

During police interviews, Willingham reportedly told officers he did not injure the baby. He later told investigators he tossed the infant onto a bed.

“The baby had so many injuries to her head and her face and her brain that the doctors couldn’t count all of them,” Hollan said. “It’s disgusting that this sort of thing would happen to someone as sweet and innocent as a baby.”

“I’m sorry for the events that took place and for the things that happened,” he said during the sentencing. “I wish I could take that day back.”

Family members expressed disappointment and anger that the mother of the baby did not face any charges for child neglect. The baby reportedly only weighed 9 pounds when she was taken to the hospital.

“I feel better today knowing he’s going where he’s going,” Perkins said. “We all know she’s with her grandpa in heaven and she’s not going to be hurt anymore.”

Back