• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 2-year-old Kentucky boy is dead after a pit bull that was known to be aggressive mauled the child inside his home despite the valiant efforts of neighbors who eventually scared the dog away, multiple outlets report.

On Friday, the coroner’s office identified the child as Isaiah Geiling, age 2

On Thursday morning, just before noon, the boy’s grandmother raced to a nearby house in west Louisville, banging on the door and screaming for help, neighbor Shelby Chadwell told local stations WLKY and WDRB.

“It was a ferocious dog,” adding that her cousin bashed sticks together to scare the dog away.

Chadwell immediately started performing CPR on the severely wounded child.

Several officers who arrived also performed CPR on the child before he was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he died 75 minutes later, WDRB reports.

It was not immediately clear who owned the dog. The Louisville Metro Police Department, Louisville Metro Animal Services, and the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s calls for comment.

The child’s grandmother, Cynthia Coy, says her grandson’s death comes just two weeks after the dog had attacked the boy, WLKY reports.

“About three weeks ago, he had attacked him and got his ear,” Coy told WLKY. “We even have a picture of it. So, obviously, the dog has attacked him before. Why it happened again, I’m not aware.”

The child died from multiple blunt force injuries, according to the coroner, WAVE 3 News reports.

Isaiah Geiling, 2,
According to WLKY footage, Isaiah was with a "relative" at the home on Grand Avenue when the dog attacked. Shelby Chadwell, who along with his cousin risked his life to save the boy, stated yesterday, "The man that owns the dog had a very tough time wrestling the dog, pinning it, and getting it under control to take it back home." Unidentified neighbors told WLKY the dog was known for its aggressiveness and had gotten loose at least two or three times in the past.

A friend of the mother it seems so far.

34C8C009-B945-4AF5-B2C1-CACA3747A747.jpeg

On Friday, WLKY updated their report with new information. They spoke to the child's maternal grandmother, Cynthia Coy, who said the deadly dog mauling came just weeks after the dog had attacked Isaiah, ripping his ear. Coy provided a photograph of the child's injury. "So obviously the dog has attacked him before," Coy said. "Where was my daughter? Was she there?" Coy asked, referring to the fatal dog mauling Thursday at the home on Grand Avenue.

According to WLKY footage, Isaiah was with a "relative" at the home on Grand Avenue when the dog attacked. Shelby Chadwell, who along with his cousin risked his life to save the boy, stated yesterday, "The man that owns the dog had a very tough time wrestling the dog, pinning it, and getting it under control to take it back home." Unidentified neighbors told WLKY the dog was known for its aggressiveness and had gotten loose at least two or three times in the past.

https://blog.dogsbite.org/2019/05/dog-kills-boy-louisville-kentucky.html
Post automatically merged:

Who owns the god dammed dog??
@Sue sue a relative

I bet it was the DTOM fucking dog
They spoke to the child's maternal grandmother, Cynthia Coy, who said the deadly dog mauling came just weeks after the dog had attacked Isaiah, ripping his ear. Coy provided a photograph of the child's injury. "So obviously the dog has attacked him before," Coy said. "Where was my daughter? Was she there?" Coy asked, referring to the fatal dog mauling

"The dog will be euthanized after 10 days if it is declared a “potential (sic) dangerous animal,” animal services spokeswoman Teeya Barnes said, WDRB reports. "
Taking into consideration the dog previously bit the boy, I would say it is beyond being a "potential dangerous animal". It IS a dangerous animal. Kill the fucking beast It needs to be euthanized.

Pit bull lovers always say it’s not the dog’s fault, it’s the owner’s fault for not training the dog properly. Well, since a lot of people are idiots and can’t be trusted to train a pit bull, it’s better to keep them away from children or ban them outright.

A grand jury has indicted three people in the dog mauling death of 2-year-old Isaiah Geiling, including the child's mother.

The dog's owners, Jack Charping, Jr., 50, and Sharon Charping, 53, were indicted on second-degree manslaughter charges, according to Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Jeff Cooke.

Isaiah's mother, 25-year-old Jennifer Geiling, is charged with reckless homicide.

All three accused lived at the home in the 3800 block of Grand Avenue where the child was attacked.

Police officers responded to the home around noon May 2 on reports of a child in the mouth of a pit bull, dispatch records show.

Teeya Barnes, spokeswoman for Louisville Metro Animal Services, said the dog is still being quarantined and "will continue to be held until we're told otherwise by the Commonwealth Attorney's Office."

Drop them one by one into a tiger enclosure in a zoo. Make sure you space them out time wise so the tigers can constantly have a decent appetite on the go

My friend, who is 31, recently got engaged. They plan to have kids, and he already has a 5 year old son who will live with them half the time. They just bought a house, and plan to get a dog. When I asked her what kind, she said he wanted a pit bull. I told her this was a bad idea, and explained in detail why. She gave all the standard pit defender excuses. This is a smart, educated woman (as is he), but they are being so stupid about this. I don't know what else I can do, and I'm truly worried.

My friend, who is 31, recently got engaged. They plan to have kids, and he already has a 5 year old son who will live with them half the time. They just bought a house, and plan to get a dog. When I asked her what kind, she said he wanted a pit bull. I told her this was a bad idea, and explained in detail why. She gave all the standard pit defender excuses. This is a smart, educated woman (as is he), but they are being so stupid about this. I don't know what else I can do, and I'm truly worried.
I suggest you consider forwarding her a shitload of the horror stories we've had here about pit bull attacks on kids. If she won't listen to you, maybe seeing it in black and white public news will have a greater impact?

I don't think they're going to listen. I'm also hoping it works out well and they get one of the "safe" pits. Unfortunately, that seems to be a crap shoot, imho. The bloodlines are too contaminated with unknowns at this point. I doubt they were so unpredictable in the past when they were revered as nanny dogs.

I don't think they're going to listen. I'm also hoping it works out well and they get one of the "safe" pits. Unfortunately, that seems to be a crap shoot, imho. The bloodlines are too contaminated with unknowns at this point. I doubt they were so unpredictable in the past when they were revered as nanny dogs.
Yup... popularity = bad breeding. Happened to GSDs in the past as well. Lot of neurotic shepherds brought into the world by unscrupulous breeders.

The dog that attacked a young Louisville boy inside a Chickasaw home at the beginning of May has been euthanized.

On May 2, Isaiah Geiling, 2, was attacked by a dog named King inside a residence in the 3800 block of Grand Avenue.

Geiling was rushed to Norton Children’s Hospital, but died from his injuries just a little over an hour after the attack.

King’s owner, the roommate of Geiling’s father, told WAVE 3 News in a previous interview that loved the dog, but he no longer wanted King and believed he should have been put down.

King underwent a mandatory 10-day quarantine at Louisville Metro Animal Services following the attack.

Staffies were nanny dogs. Not pitties. they were bred to fight but be handled by humans. So you are right about the bad breeding. but they werent nanny dogs.

Tell them to buy from well known reputable breeders.
(Although I don't speak to my mom) I can swear on my life, she has the best tempered dogs. Not pitbulls tho. She has American Staffordshire terriers.
She has been in the breed since the 1960s she breeds for temperament, beauty and brains. I'm not talking about dogs fucking in the backyard squirting out litter after litter. I'm talking about high-tech standards. Artificial insemination, semen stored in a semen bank. Some from one of the most famous of this breed that is now deceased. So we're not talking about shitty genetics. Because no matter how many people say it's the owners fault if the dog is vicious. Is simply not true. Yes, someone can take a good tempered dog and mistreat it until it's vicious. But genetics have everything to do with temperament.

For my privacy, I'm not going to post her FB page or her kennel info. But if you would like to pass her info onto your friends message me. Even if they don't get a dog from her, at least they will enter the shopping market fully informed.

Last edited:
Staffies were nanny dogs. Not pitties. they were bred to fight but be handled by humans. So you are right about the bad breeding. but they werent nanny dogs.
Staffs are pits lol Im like a broken record in this but pitbull isnt a breed of dog. Its a name for a group of breeds that all have certain characteristics. There's around 20 breeds that are classified as pitbulls. Some of which would actually surprise you. There are also some breeds you'd think are pits..but arent.

Staffs are pits lol Im like a broken record in this but pitbull isnt a breed of dog. Its a name for a group of breeds that all have certain characteristics. There's around 20 breeds that are classified as pitbulls. Some of which would actually surprise you. There are also some breeds you'd think are pits..but arent.
Amstaffs are. I am talking about English Staffordshire Bull terriers.

Back