• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Amstaffs are. I am talking about English Staffordshire Bull terriers.
So was I. Amstaffs and Staffies have the same heritage. They are descended from the same bulldog lines and are considered by both american and uk kennel clubs as pits. The only real significance between the two is that the american version was bred to be smaller. In fact with lines being so inbred in both american and english versions they are now suggesting that people start looking for the counter part when breeding so it cleans the lines a bit. If you have an american they suggest you breed it out with an english and vice versa.

A pit bull is any breed that originated with the cross breeding of a terrier and a bulldog. You'll never hear someone accuse a bull terrier or mini bull terrier of being a pitbulls..but they are. Depending where you are in the world, some clubs also include boxers and boston terriers as pits. Although no western club does. Boxers are descended from Molossers, so are bulldogs, but boxers are not bred from bulldogs.

Three people charged in the mauling death of a two-year-old boy last year were due in court today, but authorities are now seeking one of them for missing that hearing.

Jennifer Geiling, the boy's mother, and two other people who lived in the home are facing charges. All three were scheduled to appear before Judge Audra Eckerle, but Geiling was a no-show.

Eckerle issued the arrest warrant for failure to appear after giving Geiling until the end of the morning docket to make it to court. That charge is in addition to the complicity to reckless homicide charge in her son's death. When arrested, Geiling will be held on a $10,000 cash bond.

The dog was euthanized back in August.
[ /QUOTE]
1610041728389.png

One of our dogs attacking my grandkids would be a one and only situation. If they had dealt with it right then, there wouldn't be charges and missed court dates. Now, a child and the dog are dead, and it didn't have to be that way.

Jack and Sharon Charping pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of reckless homicide for the death of 2-year-old Isaiah Geiling.
Police said the boy had been staying at the Charping's home on Grand Avenue when the attack happened in May 2019.

Now the two will serve five years on probation.

The boy's mother, Jennifer Geiling, is serving two years in prison for reckless homicide.

Back