• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Two toddlers died in Leland, Texas Saturday night, after being locked in a car that drove into a creek.

Leland Police say the mother, 25-year-old Jenea Monique Payne, tells them she left her three small children inside her car, as she briefly went into a Stop-n-Go.

Payne says when she returned, the vehicle was gone.

Police responded to the scene they found the white Nissan Pathfinder floating nearby in Deer Creek, with three little children trapped inside.

Inside the submerged vehicle was her son, 4-year-old Steve Smith, her daughter, 2-year-old Raelynn Johnson and son 1-year-old Rasheed Johnson Jr.

Leland Fire Chief Bobby Johnson, along with first responders Sarah Hester, Jacob Humphrey, C J Hollins, Seth Humphrey and Austin Macklemore jumped into the creek and attempted to burst the windows out of the vehicle, according to police.

“As the vehicle floated down the creek, these individuals ended up only being able to rescue one of the three kids before having to swim to safety,” a press release says, from Leland Police.

Only little Raelynn was taken out of the vehicle, safely.

“The vehicle then drifted further down and into the creek,” the press release added.

“Leland Volunteer Firefighters probed the creek attempting to find the vehicle when a rescue dive team arrived and entered the water.”

The Pathfinder was finally again located in the creek, around 8:00 p.m.

Payne's 4 and 1-year-old sons were pronounced dead at the scene, at 8:37 p.m., by Washington County Coroner Melton Johnson.

Last edited:
I thought I searched for "Jenea Payne" and nothing came up. I don't mind that my thread (with the 3 photos and link to street-view) was combined under an earlier thread, but how did it end up inside @Sugar Cookie top post?

Last edited:
Back