• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Im also wondering why - if they knew this little girl was violent, why was she placed in a foster home, that is also a home daycare? You cannot keep your eyes on children every min of every day... and I get there are not enough foster homes out there... BUT I feel like her placement at that home is another failure in this story

@Satanica @cubby @Prettypink513
The 10-year-old girl charged in the death of an infant in Chippewa County was found not competent to stand trial Tuesday.

The 10-year-old is charged in the October death of 6-month-old Jaxon Hunter.

In Wisconsin, if you are 10-years-old or older and charged with first degree reckless homicide, you must be charged as an adult.

The 10-year-old, who the court refers to as A.F., was walked into the courtroom in handcuffs. During the three hour hearing, A.F. sat calm and colored in a unicorn coloring book.

Attorney for the state, Richard Dufour, called Dr. Deborah Collins to testify via phone during the hearing. Collins is the Director of the Wisconsin Forensic Unit and holds a doctoral degree in child psychology. She testified that after meeting A.F. in February, she believed she suffered from PTSD, disruptive mood and deregulation disorder, as well as adjustment disorder with depression. She said these are the result of repeated exposure to trauma as a child and lack of consistent education. She did testify she didn’t believe A.F. had any intellectual disability. Collins believed A.F. was more likely than not to gain competency with stability, a consistent academic program and lack of trauma.

A.F.’s attorney’s, Laurie Osberg and Michael Steuer called their own psychologist, Dr. Michael Caldwell, who is a senior staff psychologist at Mendota Mental Health Institute. He agreed with many of Collins findings, however, he believed A.F. would not gain competency within a year, calling it ‘extremely unlikely’. Caldwell said A.F. is functioning like a 7-year-old due to her inconsistent education.

Judge James Peterson said it is too early to determine if she is unlikely to gain competency but thought she could within a year. He ordered A.F. to be turned over to the Department of Health Services for a period not to exceed 12 months. DHS will determine where she should get treatment and education. Choices include the Mendota Mental Health Institute in Madison and the Winnebago Mental Health Institute in Oshkosh.

Judge Peterson ordered a competency review hearing for July 3 at 1:30 p.m.

Im also wondering why - if they knew this little girl was violent, why was she placed in a foster home, that is also a home daycare? You cannot keep your eyes on children every min of every day... and I get there are not enough foster homes out there... BUT I feel like her placement at that home is another failure in this story

So far I have not seen anything solid that says the foster parents knew the child was violent. That has been said but only in speculation of comments. Not by any source that I have seen.

In reality we dont knownthe details of her removal from her bio parents or her placement. We dont know if there were violent signs to be seen.

It is completly possible that she showed no signs of violence and snapped, especially since the child psychologists are saying PTSD. Non violent adults with PTSD have been known to snap, so it's not out of the realm that a child suffering from PTSD would too.

I'm not ready to vilify the foster family just yet, or the system they put her there because in my opinion I just dont have enough information to do so. Every violent person has a first time they were violent. We dont know that this was not hers.

The state would have had a substantiated case to remove the child and the contract agency would have accessed the child and had at least a basic understanding of the child's pathology.

My problem is that the foster parents put other parents' children at risk. If they were not aware of the child's
issues they should not have allowed her near younger and vulnerable children.

I can tell you that the state and contract agencies (in that state) will be more selective when they are placing children in foster homes where the parents provide daycare in their home.

The child needs help and it should be in an RTF not another foster home.

So far I have not seen anything solid that says the foster parents knew the child was violent. That has been said but only in speculation of comments. Not by any source that I have seen.

In reality we dont knownthe details of her removal from her bio parents or her placement. We dont know if there were violent signs to be seen.

It is completly possible that she showed no signs of violence and snapped, especially since the child psychologists are saying PTSD. Non violent adults with PTSD have been known to snap, so it's not out of the realm that a child suffering from PTSD would too.

I'm not ready to vilify the foster family just yet, or the system they put her there because in my opinion I just dont have enough information to do so. Every violent person has a first time they were violent. We dont know that this was not hers.
I'm doubtful, this was the first outburst ..

Dr. Deborah Collins to testify via phone during the hearing. Collins is the Director of the Wisconsin Forensic Unit and holds a doctoral degree in child psychology. She testified that after meeting A.F. in February, she believed she suffered from PTSD, disruptive mood and deregulation disorder, as well as adjustment disorder with depression. She said these are the result of repeated exposure to trauma as a child and lack of consistent education. She did testify she didn’t believe A.F. had any intellectual disability. Collins believed A.F. was more likely than not to gain competency with stability, a consistent academic program and lack of trauma.

Post automatically merged:

I really don’t think the adult charged fits this case. Both children were failed by the system
Her attorney said the reason she’s regressed is that she’s being held in an adult jail rather than a juvenile unit, and requested she be transferred.

The judge approved the request and agreed that she isn’t competent to stand trial.

But the judge also ruled that she could become competent again if she takes medication and classes.

The charges against her were raised last month from reckless homicide to first degree intentional homicide.

Last edited:
This is an old story. If I remember correctly they were either her adoptive or foster parents and she had behavioral issues. It was so sad she was saying she wanted to go home.

@Satanica

The mother of a 10-year-old girl who allegedly killed a six-month-old baby by stomping on his head at a Wisconsin daycare last fall has insisted that her daughter didn't mean any harm.

The girl, who is now 11 and has not been identified because of her age, was charged with felony first-degree intentional homicide as an adult after the incident on October 30 at a child care center in Chippewa Falls.

Prosecutors say the girl dropped the baby boy named Jaxon, who started crying when he hit his head. She then allegedly panicked and stomped on the baby to quiet him down.

Jaxon succumbed to his injuries two days later. A doctor who examined the baby determined that the injuries were not accidental.

The girl's mother spoke out for the first time this week to defend her daughter, one of the youngest people to ever be charged with such a serious crime.

'There is no way it was done in an intentional way,' the mother, whose name was withheld to protect her daughter's identity, told Inside Edition in an interview airing Monday.

When asked if she remembered anything her daughter told her after the incident, the mother said: 'That it was, just that it was an accident. And you know what? I believe my daughter.'

The girl is currently detained at the adult Winnebago Mental Health Institute.

'She's the youngest person there,' her mom said. 'She's 11 years old with women 40 years old and over.'

'She wants to go home.'

A friend of the family launched a GoFundMe campaign in late August to raise money to bring her daughter back home, which is about four hours from the mental health institute.

'She is a sweet, loving and caring little girl who deserves to be with her family,' the description reads. 'What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?'

The campaign has raised $20 toward its $50,000 goal as of noon on Monday.

The child had been removed from the birth family a month before she caused the death of Jaxon.

I wonder if the girl thought if she hurt the infant she would be removed from the foster home and returned to her birth family.

I can understand the mom defending her child but she might want to rethink the words she uses to describe her daughter.

"The little girl admitted that she dropped Jaxon, and according to the complaint, she claimed when the baby hit his head on a stool, she started stomping on his head with her feet. She reportedly said she then put him back in his crib and went outside to play with the other children."

If the girl is truly capable of this, then she is truly a danger to society.

The lawsuit filed by the parents of a 6-month-old boy who was allegedly killed by a 10-year-old girl on Nov. 1, 2018, has been dismissed.

Judge James Peterson issued a summary judgment to dismiss the lawsuit. The case was initially filed in Chippewa County Court.

The boy, Jaxon Hunter, was at a daycare, which also serves as a foster home, in the town of Tilden on Oct. 30, 2018 when the girl — who lived there as a foster child — was alone inside the house while everyone else was playing outside. The girl told authorities she panicked after dropping Jaxon, and then she stomped on his head when he began to cry.

Jaxon was transferred to a hospital in Minnesota, where he died Nov. 1, two days after the attack.

The girl was initially charged with first-degree intentional homicide by someone age 10 or older and was placed in a secure detention center. The case was moved out of adult court into juvenile court, and results of future rulings will not be made public.

The lawsuit was filed in December 2020 by Jaxon's parents, Stephanie Hunter and Nathan Liedl. The defendants were Chippewa County Department of Human Services, its director, Tim Easker, foster care coordinator Serena Schultz and unidentified "Jane Doe" social workers.

The lawsuit contended the defendants didn't do enough to warn them that the girl was a "dangerous actor" and a threat to vulnerable children.

However, the attorney representing Chippewa County argued that the county and its employees "did not act improperly or in violation of plaintiff's constitutional, civil and/or statutory rights."

The injuries and damages "were not caused by a governmental policy or practice," the county argued in its defense. All defendants "were in good faith and not motivated by malice or the intent of harm."

The foster parents were at fault as well as the parents.

The foster parents should have disclosed they had a child that was not their own and that they were unable to vouch for the character or behavior of said child.

If the parents were aware they has foster children in the home they should have sought other care.

The foster parent should have never created a situation where the girl was alone with any child her age or younger.

As horrible as this sounds most kids in care have experienced trauma and may not react to stressful situations in an appropriate manner.

Last edited:
this poor girl dropped a baby by accident then freaked out when it began to cry so she stomped on it. she shouldnt be charged as an adult. this is wrong.

Latest posts

Back