• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Trooper, a yellow lab, has earned his name. Animal rescuers said they believe he was shot, beaten with a hammer and left for dead in the brush near Farmington, Missouri.

“They said he was literally suctioned to the ground he had been here so long, it was almost like lifting a carcass up,” said animal rescue volunteer Katrina Campbell.

Campbell said people driving by noticed the dog lift his head up. They brought him back food and water and realized he couldn’t move. She then reached out on social media for help.

They believe Trooper laid there for weeks in his own urine and feces which burned his skin.

“I was like just give me a sign you’re not giving up yet,” Campbell remembers asking Trooper. “He lifted his head and he licked me on my cheek and I said I’m going to fight for you."

Mandy Ryan with Missouri K9 Friends, a statewide rescue group based in Chesterfield, started asking around the Farmington area about what happened. Ryan said she got a tip and called a man who confessed to her.

“He didn't feel bad about hitting the dog in the head with a hammer, he just confessed it like it was nothing,” Ryan said.

They have passed all of the details on to local deputies to investigate.

News 4 reached out to the St. Francois County Prosecutor’s Office who said they expect to get a report from deputies by end of the week or early next week. The Prosecutor's Office will decide whether or not to file charges.

Trooper is paralyzed, but he is making progress at an animal hospital. Ryan said he is eating on his own and his catheter has been removed.
http://www.kptv.com/story/37608480/dog-shot-hit-with-hammer-and-left-to-die-in-ditch-rescued
16202495_G.jpg

The man who confessed will (if he hasn't already) kill more animals and probably a person. He needs to go away. Jail is too good for that piece of shit.

“I was like just give me a sign you’re not giving up yet,” Campbell remembers asking Trooper. “He lifted his head and he licked me on my cheek and I said I’m going to fight for you."

My dog gave me a sign when we met ... I wasn't even looking at him, but I caught it out of the corner of my eye ... staring at me, stamping his little foot. I had to fight for him too. Rangy bugger when he was a puppy ... I knew he was mine, but I went home and thought about it because they tell you to do that .. when i called the next day he was in quarantine ... he nipped some one (cause he already knew I was coming back) and they told. And they were right too ... he was all teeth if you put your hand out, but I knew it was love when he bit into my new tattoo and I didn't care .. I laughed in his face .. .and called him ridiculous. He could walk on a leash so i hope for him ... he is a sir now ... total class act. I get compliments all the time ... I always give him credit, tell them (the compliment giver) that he works really hard on himself. Anyway I sent emails everyday until they finally called me back, with a Please take him, good riddance kind of attitude. I love dogs.

Last edited:
Let me have a roofing hammer and some time with the abuser.
I think I can reform him.
Naaaah just kidding.
I would however take great pleasure in paralyzing him.

A dog that was beaten with a hammer and left for dead that rescuers said would be paralyzed is proving otherwise.

New video shows Trooper walking and undergoing hydrotherapy in water. He has made remarkable progress since he was found nearly dead in Farmington in February.

Police say Trooper was shot and beaten with a hammer and left for dead.

Jason Hampton is charged in connection with Trooper’s shooting.

Wednesday, Trooper left a shelter to be with a foster family.
http://www.kmov.com/story/37781627/dog-left-for-dead-in-farmington-seen-walking-in-video
16369618_G.jpg

A man is facing charges, accused of shooting and beating a dog, leaving it for dead near Farmington.

Jason Hampton is charged with animal abuse.

Animal rescuers said they believe Trooper, a yellow lab was shot, beaten with a hammer and left for dead in the brush near Farmington in St. Francois County, Missouri.
“They said he was literally suctioned to the ground he had been here so long, it was almost like lifting a carcass up,” said animal rescue volunteer Katrina Campbell.

Campbell said people driving by noticed the dog lift his head up. They brought him back food and water and realized he couldn’t move. She then reached out on social media for help.
They believe Trooper laid there for weeks in his own urine and feces which burned his skin.

Mandy Ryan with Missouri K9 Friends, a statewide rescue group based in Chesterfield, started asking around the Farmington area about what happened. Ryan said she got a tip and called a man who confessed to her.

“He didn't feel bad about hitting the dog in the head with a hammer, he just confessed it like it was nothing,” Ryan said.

Instances like Trooper’s are why Campbell wanted to spread awareness that this not how to treat an animal.

“People need to know in this community that this is not okay, you can't dispose of a dog like they're trash,” added Campbell.
Trooper is paralyzed, but he is making progress at an animal hospital. Ryan said he is eating on his own and his catheter has been removed.
1585585715881.png

Trooper was adopted by his foster family.
Feb 19, 2020
A felony animal abuse case against an area man has been dismissed in Madison County.

Jason Hampton, 56, of Farmington, had been charged in 2018 with a class E felony of animal abuse after allegedly injuring a dog and leaving the dog for dead on a rural road.

The alleged crime took place in St. Francois County. However, the St. Francois County Prosecuting Attorney Melissa Gilliam requested recusal from the case and that a special prosecutor be assigned.

“During the time our office was handling the case, allegations were raised that we would not be fair in prosecuting the defendant because he was an employee of St. Francois County,” explained Gilliam. “This potential appearance of favoritism, coupled with the fact that one of our own employees worked directly with the shelter and organization involved in the rescue of Trooper, prompted our office to file a conflict in this case.

“A judge removed our office from the case and appointed a special prosecutor, without any conflicts of interest, to handle the case,” Gilliam said. “After that point, our office exercised no control at all over the case.”

The case was transferred to Madison County in September, but the charge against Hampton was dismissed Tuesday.

Back