• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...ter-marjory-stoneman-high-20180214-story.html

Multiple deaths were reported Wednesday as gunfire broke out at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, with a suspect reported in custody.

Coral Springs Mayor Skip Campbell, whose city contracts fire service in Parkland, confirms there were "multiple fatalities."

There were 14 victims, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office. The agency did not say how many were fatalities.

A man in custody, wearing a red shirt, black pants and black boots, was seen being placed on a gurney.

FBI agents were on the scene interviewing students asking for anyone who saw the shooter.

SWAT told the class to keep their eyes forward as they exited the school, Dykes said.

At around dismissal time at 2:40 p.m., staff and students heard what sounded like gunfire and they enacted a “code red” lock down, according to the Broward School District.

A television news helicopter report showed several people on gurneys being placed into into fire rescue ambulances and groups of children walking across Northwest Pine Island Road. Television news cameras showed a young man with reddish hair wearing a red shirt who was surrounded by SWAT officers and put in handcuffs and being taken into custody.

“It’s a horrific situation,” Broward County Superintendent Robert Runcie said. “It’s just a horrible day for us.”

Students were streaming down Pine Island Road at 3:30. Some of them crying, some were talking on cell phones.

Gov. Rick Scott announced plans to come to Broward County immediately. He spoke on the phone with Broward Sheriff Scott Israel, Broward schools superintendent Robert Runcie and Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner Rick Swearingen, according to the governor’s office.

There are 3,208 children in grades 9 — 12 enrolled at the school.

Parents at area schools — including Sawgrass Springs Middle School and Westglades Middle School — said they received texts that those campuses were locked down.

Can't imagine being a parent and wondering if my kid were one of the victims. So incredibly sad.

You know, Great Britain really needs to do something about these mass shootings.
[doublepost=1518647213,1518646622][/doublepost]Supposedly it's the kid with red hair. He was jr ROTC.

DWBk0RDXcAAZMGJ.jpg

[doublepost=1518647449][/doublepost]following video might be upsetting to some

Back in 95 I lived in Coral Springs.
Very quiet.
I believe I read it was just a couple of months ago Parkland was voted safest city.
Now this.
I have been watch live coverage all day.
This is unfathomable

@cubby ~ I've been watching this for 2 hours now since they interrupted my news feed. They are now reporting 20 injured and ! dead but I expect those numbers aren't hard and will continue to flex.

“It’s a horrific situation,” Broward County Superintendent Robert Runcie said. “It’s just a horrible day for us.”

How did a teenager have so many guns? His parents must have known, or should have. They are responsible here as well. Lock them up too, or at the very least, I hope the families of the murdered teens sue them civilly for every penny they have, their home, their cars, their retirement, everything, and they are destitute.

How did a teenager have so many guns? His parents must have known, or should have. They are responsible here as well. Lock them up too, or at the very least, I hope the families of the murdered teens sue them civilly for every penny they have, their home, their cars, their retirement, everything, and they are destitute.
I have heard that he is 19. Isn't that of legal age?

I have heard that he is 19. Isn't that of legal age?

Yes, it is, but he was posting about owning guns, planning to buy guns (very soon), and showing himself with guns at least as far back as 2015, when he was clearly NOT of age. This has been ongoing for some time.

Last edited:
The courts should allow survivors to sue the NRA till they’re bankrupt.

I watched a doctor give whatever update he could.
He. Looked. Pissed.
He kept his anger in check.

ROTC. What a shocker.

One student told a local affiliate anchor that he used to bring guns to school (he claimed to have been shown 2 personally), that is was the worst kept secret among people who knew him; this would happen one day.

I wonder when he was expelled.

Anyone who uses Makarov in their social media names and then displays weapons and creatures he’s killed?

There were flags. Big. Red. Ones.

Gee and here it was almost time for the GOP to start talking about gun violence solutions.
Guess the time isn't right...again.
Why discuss fixing it when you can hide behind platitudes and hopes and prayers BS.
Gotta keep the NRA happy.
Americas largest hate group.

What pisses me right off is how effing preventable these slaughterfests are.
More blood on Washingtons hands.

I think that the culture has to be changed. The idea that you are not to be fucked with if you own multiple guns. That you are not a real American if you don't get dressed up in combat gear and kill animals. When did the richest country in the World need to hunt to live?

Back