• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
And meanwhile, any member of Websleuths who mention guns will get a time out, Tricia has just announced. Are we supposed to believe that he killed them with something other than a gun? Maybe he threw stones?

My nieces go to a neighboring high school, and know many of the kids at Douglas High.
I just can't even talk about this atm - too much anger and tears.

My nieces go to a neighboring high school, and know many of the kids at Douglas High.
But this will all die down and nothing will be done until some idiot comes up with a conspiracy theory about it being to do with taking guns away and then it will go on forever and ever. And meanwhile, it will happen again, over and over.

But this will all die down and nothing will be done until some idiot comes up with a conspiracy theory about it being to do with taking guns away and then it will go on forever and ever. And meanwhile, it will happen again, over and over.
Already is happening. I've also seen the race card already being played. Seems some people think it's a Hispanic problem. Weird, since if we look back on the school shooting just this year alone, it seems white boys like to shoot up school..

Valentine's day shooter Nikolas Cruz was expelled last year for 'fighting over his ex-girlfriend' and made shocking Instagram posts detailing a twisted obsession for guns, violence and hurting animals, it has emerged.

Nikolas Cruz shot 17 people dead and injured 50 more when he went on the rampage at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on Wednesday armed with an AR-15 assault rifle he was able to buy legally.

Former classmates of the 19-year-old, said they had feared he was capable of a school shooting as they revealed he was 'crazy about guns'. One student said Cruz was expelled after a fight with his ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend. The gunman had also been abusive to his girlfriend, the student said.

Cruz's Instagram is filled with disturbing posts of what appears to be himself with his face covered showing off a terrifying arsenal of weapons.

At one point he went online asking how to go about buying a Maverick 88 Slug gun while another picture showed a collection of weapons laid out on a bed. One chilling image showed the view finder of a weapon being aimed towards the street through the blinds of a window.

Pupils who say they knew Cruz, claimed he liked to kill animals and was also racist.

'He was crazy because he liked to kill small things, like little animals - frogs and other animals like that and he just had a crazy mind. He was racist and he was just crazy,' one told 10ABC News.

It comes as an attorney for the family Cruz lived with said he already owned his AR-15 before he moved in with them and had bought it legally.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-shooters-guns-violence-hurting-animals.html

<3 try to keep strong for your nieces, they need you ..
[doublepost=1518697399,1518697134][/doublepost]
Already is happening. I've also seen the race card already being played. Seems some people think it's a Hispanic problem. Weird, since if we look back on the school shooting just this year alone, it seems white boys like to shoot up school..
I agree ..

The guns and the deaths caused by them seem to colour blind ..
Anyone and everyone is capable, no one can put a colour code on it ..

I know we have school shootings in Canada too but, this shit is right out of hand in the U.S. :(

sc
Gee and here it was almost time for the GOP to start talking about gun violence solutions.
Guess the time isn't right...again.
Why discuss fixing it when you can hide behind platitudes and hopes and prayers BS.
Gotta keep the NRA happy.
Americas largest hate group.

What pisses me right off is how effing preventable these slaughterfests are.
More blood on Washingtons hands.

Ted Cruz voiced his thoughts and prayers for the victims. He also took $3 million in campaign contributions from the NRA.

Which one do you suppose he thinks and prays about more?

Last edited:

Trump Signs Bill Revoking Obama-Era Gun Checks for People With Mental Illnesses

Earlier Thursday, Trump suggested on Twitter that the shooting could have been prevented, noting that those who knew the shooter "knew he was a big problem."
"So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled from school for bad and erratic behavior. Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities, again and again!" Trump tweeted.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/politics/trump-florida-school-shooting-tweet/index.html

Piece of shit should never have had access to a firearm.

Last edited:
All the politicians who are in the NRA’s pocket have blood on their hands.

Remember when Columbine was a unique anomaly? When there was nonstop news coverage of it because it was so wildly outside our purview? When it inspired hard-hitting conversations on news shows? It was like a terror attack; it was huge. Because it was rare. Hard to believe how far we have fallen in 19 short years.

So apparently everyone knew this kid was capable of this and everyone joked that he was most likely to shoot up the school. He was identified as a threat last year. His social media showed a fixation with weapons. Yet...nothing happened to stop him. He still got his hands on at least one AR-15. The system failed on so many levels here.

We have become desensitized. I remember, after the Vegas shooting, hearing someone in the media declare (to the victims), "We will not forget your names!" And I said to myself, "Yes we will. There will be another mass shooting next week, and then another one after that, on and on, and the Vegas massacre will be a forgotten blur. I literally can't keep track of all the places where these massacres have occurred, so how am I supposed to remember the names of all the victims? Who can remember all of that? There was a community college in Oregon where there was a mass shooting, but where, exactly? And when did it happen? Does anybody remember without Googling it? What was the name of the organization whose holiday party turned into a mass shooting in San Bernardino? The latest church shooting happened in Texas, but where? Who was the shooter? I remember Dylann Roof in SC, but couldn't tell you the name of that church or the names of any of his victims. There are too many victims. They are all being thrown into the mass grave of history together. It's at a point where I can't even remember most of the killers' names.

I like what a friend of mine said this morning (and, side note, he is a former Marine):

All I I know is that I value life, peace and the laughter of children more than I value the second ammendment. I love humanity more than I love the U.S. constitution or any flag. America has a deep seated cancer and if something isn't done it's going to kill us all.

493FB2C400000578-0-image-m-12_1518716484306.jpg

From top, left to right: Jaime Guttenberg, 14, Meadow Pollack, 18, Martin Duque, 14, Nicholas Dworet, Juaquin Oliver, 17, Carmen Schentrup, Gina Montalto, 15, Luke Hoyer, 15, Cara Loughran, Alaina Paige, 14, and Alyssa Alhadeff, 15

My daughter is 16.

Today I heard an awful lot of sirens throughout the morning.

My first thought was “What if her school is being shot up?”

I hate that so much.

It's such surreal times we live in; sirens shouldn't make us automatically fear that our loved ones are about to die in a mass shooting, yet they do.

When I was younger I never worried about being gunned down at school, college, the mall, church, a concert, a nightclub, work, or the movies.

Fast forward to the 21st century when I’ve been trying for TWO YEARS to get active shooter training implemented at my office. It has been like pulling teeth, with resistance on all sides. Finally a bit of progress is being made in that arena. But in the meanwhile, several coworkers and I keep mace in our desk drawers as some semblance of retaliation against a shooter. One night I stayed late at work so I could squeeze myself into an empty cabinet near the copy machine when no coworkers were around. I wanted to see if I fit, so I could decide if it would be my hiding place if escaping our suite isn’t an option during a mass shooting event. Our cubicles offer no privacy and all of the offices and conference rooms are fronted with glass, so they offer no protection. I shouldn't have to think about these things and shouldn't have to squeeze myself into a damn cabinet like a toddler hiding from her parents!

My daughter is 16.

Today I heard an awful lot of sirens throughout the morning.

My first thought was “What if her school is being shot up?”

I hate that so much.

My daughter is 14 and her school was recently shut down due to a gun threat (pretty sure I posted about it). They never caught the person who anonymously threatened to 'bring a gun to school and use it'. Even though 99% sure it was just a stupid kid messing around, it sucks having that in the back of your mind.

I'm no anti gun nut at all, lots of military in my family. Just sick of the never ending mass shootings and gun violence.

And stop with the well armed militia constitution argument, it's a FUCKING HOBBY! Time to find a new hobby.
[doublepost=1518723341,1518721427][/doublepost]Shocker, he's a white supremacist.

http://time.com/5160819/parkland-shooter-nikolas-cruz-was-a-member-of-white-supremacist-group/

This... a thousand times, this:
All I I know is that I value life, peace and the laughter of children more than I value the second ammendment. I love humanity more than I love the U.S. constitution or any flag. America has a deep seated cancer and if something isn't done it's going to kill us all.

The leader of a white nationalist militia says Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his group and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee. On Thursday, the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) spoke with Republic of Florida (ROF) leader Jordan Jereb about Cruz's involvement with the organization.

Jereb told the ADL that Cruz had carpooled "with other ROF members from south Florida" to participate in the training exercises. Cruz was "brought up" by another member of the group.

Jereb told The Associated Press that his group wants Florida to become its own white ethno-state. He said his group holds "spontaneous random demonstrations" and tries not to participate in the modern world.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florid...s-cruz-white-nationalist-republic-of-florida/

The Trump administration has slashed funding for a group devoted to tackling radical white extremists.

Trump cuts funds to fight anti-right wing violence

Last edited:
Well we only have another 10 fucking months for this shit to happen again and it will if people don't do shit but offer fucking condolences.
I'm so sick of this shit happening.

White supremacist: All those damn immigrants stealing our jobs, I've been unemployed for 23 years! What happened to my white privlege?!?

Reporter: Well you dropped out of school in the 3rd grade, that might have something to do with it.

White supremacist: That's cause the school got filled up with all them affirmative actor kids or whatever they're called! It's their fault!!

Take my guns and I'll make a bomb if need be. Take away nails and fertilizer, I'll go get some castor beans...Taking away guns isn't going to stop anything. It's a people problem......You cannot have a war against an inanimate object. Parents need to pay attention to their children. People need to feel like they can reach out and ask for help. And the fucking media needs to quit pumping this bullshit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...
[doublepost=1518735509,1518735367][/doublepost]By the way..I don't own any guns! But I could probably go out to the garage and throw something together real quick.

The leader of a white nationalist militia says Florida school shooting suspect Nikolas Cruz was a member of his group and participated in paramilitary drills in Tallahassee. On Thursday, the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) spoke with Republic of Florida (ROF) leader Jordan Jereb about Cruz's involvement with the organization.

So basically a nutter, then... :pout:

It's not a good thing to blare to the media that the trigger-happy nut that killed a load of kids was a part of your organisation, but then being a white nationalist militia kind of excludes the presence of a working brain, so...

Last edited:
Take my guns and I'll make a bomb if need be. Take away nails and fertilizer, I'll go get some castor beans...Taking away guns isn't going to stop anything. It's a people problem......You cannot have a war against an inanimate object. Parents need to pay attention to their children. People need to feel like they can reach out and ask for help. And the fucking media needs to quit pumping this bullshit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...
[doublepost=1518735509,1518735367][/doublepost]By the way..I don't own any guns! But I could probably go out to the garage and throw something together real quick.

Yes it is a people problem. A people problem with easy access to zillions of guns problem. Which makes it a multi-faceted problem. With this country's obsession with guns being a MAJOR part of the problem.

You are correct though, this shitbag could have just as easily attacked the school with lots of things. But he didn't, did he? Why do you think that is? Read the above paragraph if you want the answer.

Or just bury your head in the sand and blame the media.

A cowering Nikolas Cruz was comforted by his public defender as he was ordered held without bail during his first court appearance on Thursday, in connection to the deadly shooting at a Parkland, Florida high school on Wednesday that left 17 dead and 14 injured.

The 19-year-old wore an orange jump suit and shackles on his wrists and ankles as he was officially charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder.

He kept his eyes down and didn't speak in court today, other than to confirm his name with a polite 'yes ma'am' to the judge.

Standing next to him was his public defender, Melisa McNeil, who comforted him by putting a hand around his shoulder.

After the hearing, Cruz's defense team revealed that he was on suicide watch and that he understood the magnitude of his actions.

McNeill told reporters gathered outside the courtroom that her client was sad and remorseful.

'He's sad. He's mournful. He's remorseful. He is fully aware of what is going on, and he's just a broken human being,' she said.

She became emotional while speaking to reporters, saying she's fully aware of the impact the shooting has had on the community, as a parent herself.

'I had to have the exact same conversation that every parent in Broward had to have with their children this morning, then I had to walk and meet with him,' McNeill said. 'I'm fully aware of the impact this has on the people who live here.

Another member of the defense team, Gordon Weeks, was brought to tears as he addressed reporters, telling them that Cruz 'recognizes' what he has done and is 'deeply sad'.

'He is dealing with the shock of all this that's going on,' Weeks said.

McNeill and Weeks said that Cruz suffers from autism, depression and has dealt with significant psychological problems - all without the sort of support system that most people have.

'When your brain is not fully developed, you don't know how to deal with these things,' McNeil said. 'That's the child I'm sitting across from.'

Weeks added: 'The child is deeply troubled and he has endured significant trauma that stems from the loss of his mother.'

Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has said she is 'certain' prosecutors will be seeking the death penalty for the teen shooter.

More at Link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gh-school-shooting-plunges-city-mourning.html

He, at 19 years old is a child? Some of the real children he killed were only 14 years old. 19 year olds are not a child.
At 19 his brain isn't fully formed (which is around 25). I think that was more to their point.

Also, I watched the hearing live. He was hardly "cowering". He kept his head down and didn't show he was boastful about what he'd done as some killers, and he was hunched because of his shackles. Cowering is going a bit far though, and reads a bit "look at this guy playing at cowering".

It does seem all what was said about him by the defense is true. But that isn't going to change him throwing his life away and killing 17 people.

InfoWars has chimed in. Alex Jones called it a false flag of course and Kit Daniels tried to frame the shooter as a member of Antifa through articles with:
  • Photographic 'proof' he was a registered Democrat (Not Cruz, it's a Nicolas with a different birthday)
  • Photographic 'proof' of him wearing a Communist Party pun shirt you can buy at Hot Topic (Not Cruz again, it's some rando off Instagram)
  • Photographic 'proof' of him being inspired by ISIS via an Insta caption from Cruz saying Well at least we now know what it means when a sand durka says "allahu Akbar"

All I know, is that places like Chicago, and others have supposedly strict gun laws and similar..as well as a very hideous homicide count.. Criminals and wackos seem to have easy access to such. And also, if this country DID ban guns, you would have wackjobs using freaking knives and other things to do these hideous acts. I am not saying we shouldnt use gun control, because we damn well should. What I am saying, is that we need to find out what the hell is causing people to snap and do these horrid things to begin with.
[doublepost=1518780856,1518780769][/doublepost]
InfoWars has chimed in. Alex Jones called it a false flag of course and Kit Daniels tried to frame the shooter as a member of Antifa through articles with:
  • Photographic 'proof' he was a registered Democrat (Not Cruz, it's a Nicolas with a different birthday)
  • Photographic 'proof' of him wearing a Communist Party pun shirt you can buy at Hot Topic (Not Cruz again, it's some rando off Instagram)
  • Photographic 'proof' of him being inspired by ISIS via an Insta caption from Cruz saying Well at least we now know what it means when a sand durka says "allahu Akbar"
Alex Jones needs to hang out with Jim Jones if ya get my drift, the dude is fucking nuts.

All I know, is that places like Chicago, and others have supposedly strict gun laws and similar..as well as a very hideous homicide count.. Criminals and wackos seem to have easy access to such. And also, if this country DID ban guns, you would have wackjobs using freaking knives and other things to do these hideous acts. I am not saying we shouldnt use gun control, because we damn well should. What I am saying, is that we need to find out what the hell is causing people to snap and do these horrid things to begin with.
[doublepost=1518780856,1518780769][/doublepost]
Alex Jones needs to hang out with Jim Jones if ya get my drift, the dude is fucking nuts.
First of all, at least we are all on the same page about Alex Jones.

That being said, you leave Chicago and can get anything within 5 minutes. So really that isn't a parallel to an ENTIRE COUNTRY having gun laws. Also, they have seen a reduction in gun crime since enacting tough gun laws. No one is saying ban guns, we are saying don't be the dipshits we are being and have some damn gun control like the rest of the world where there aren't these mass shootings.

Also, I'd take my chances against a knife over a gun any day. Yeah, violence will still happen but less and it will be less lethal. Why is this country so ok with saying violence will happen anyway so let's do nothing to mitigate the damage? The actual fuck?

Ah, but the guns sure do make things a whole lot easier for the mentally ill, the hate-filled bigots, and the just plain mean drunks.

And pretty much anyone can get a gun, see? We've got plenty for everyone!

Murrica!!!
[doublepost=1518782076][/doublepost]
First of all, at least we are all on the same page about Alex Jones.

That being said, you leave Chicago and can get anything within 5 minutes. So really that isn't a parallel to an ENTIRE COUNTRY having gun laws. Also, they have seen a reduction in gun crime since enacting tough gun laws. No one is saying ban guns, we are saying don't be the dipshits we are being and have some damn gun control like the rest of the world where there aren't these mass shootings.

Also, I'd take my chances against a knife over a gun any day. Yeah, violence will still happen but less and it will be less lethal. Why is this country so ok with saying violence will happen anyway so let's do nothing to mitigate the damage? The actual fuck?

In my state you can go to a gun show and bypass a background check. Aces! :penguin:

'That's the child I'm sitting across from.'
Weeks added: 'The child is deeply troubled

The minimizing has started already. And 19yo are not children, they are adults, he was adult enough to do what he did, he's adult enough to take the penalty, which in Florida could very well be death.

In my state you can go to a gun show and bypass a background check. Aces!

I used to work gun shows in Georgia, you have to have a federal background check there, or at least my father in law was a stickler about following the rules. Of course, there are always those who don't folllow the the rules. We knew exactly who they were at every show we worked, the ones who were selling the most guns.

Also at every show there were individuals walking around with guns that they were selling personally, those people don't have to run a background check if they don't want to, supposedly because it's a one off, not a thing this person did as a job.

Back