• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A university has stopped selling beef on campus as part of its bid to tackle climate change.

Goldsmiths, University of London, is removing all beef products from sale from next month as it attempts to become carbon neutral by 2025.

Students will also have to pay a 10p levy on bottles of water and single-use plastic cups when the academic year starts to discourage use of the products.

There are also plans at Goldsmiths to install more solar panels on the college's New Cross campus in south east London, and to switch to a 100% clean energy supplier as soon as possible.

Professor Frances Corner, the college's new warden, said staff and students "care passionately about the future of our environment" and that "declaring a climate emergency cannot be empty words".

Full Story:

Fucking dumbass people, universities have become the front runners of stupid, no wonder millennials are such a lost generation
Edit
Did they take a private jet to a far away resort to come to this conclusion
What administrators should do is neuter themselves so they don’t breed

Last edited:
This would infuriate me if I was going there... Oh hold on, I would be indoctrinated into the Liberal hate machine if I went to a college. They were trying that shit when I was in school.

But in all honesty, I would be asking for a transfer away from this place, and my funding back,

So you're telling me that an arts university thinks cutting meat out of the menu is the way to bring down their carbon footprint? Not eating that cow cancels out all the toxic paints, fabrics, electrical parts, rare metals etc etc etc that the school is consuming? Huh who knew. Round here they plant trees and go paperless and other forms of eco friendly ideas to reduce the footprint. They dont turn into vegans because one eccentric professor of fashion spear headed some wacka doodle movement.

The solar panels are a great idea, IMO, but the refusal to sell beef products on campus does nothing to "reduce carbon", and will end up costing them students and a huge loss in cafeteria sales in the long scheme of things - no one likes to be told what foods they can or can not consume, sometimes even when being told by their own MD's for health purposes.

The students will just go to Burger King. I bet some students will eat fast food burgers on campus in defiance.

What animal products do they currently serve at the Uni? Farmed fish? Pork? Chicken, eggs, dairy? Each one has it's problem to a climate fanatic.
And don't get me started on quinoa! They are exporting so much quinoa from the Andes to feed the fad, that the people there now eat imported wheat products instead of their traditional super food.

The solar panels are a great idea,
That depends how cost effective solar panels are in the London climate and latitude.

Last edited:
So you're telling me that an arts university thinks cutting meat out of the menu is the way to bring down their carbon footprint? Not eating that cow cancels out all the toxic paints, fabrics, electrical parts, rare metals etc etc etc that the school is consuming? Huh who knew. Round here they plant trees and go paperless and other forms of eco friendly ideas to reduce the footprint. They dont turn into vegans because one eccentric professor of fashion spear headed some wacka doodle movement.
This is why I love you! LOL So very true!

Expect this Uni's green smugness to go the way of the solar roadway:
Wouldn't testing it in the SOUTH of France have been a better idea? Seriously though, how did they get convinced this would work to the tune of $5.2M per kilometer? :banghead:

Back