• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
1570566967672.png

Well...we're good at something!

The number of sexually transmitted diseases in the U.S. has continued to rise for the fifth straight year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with officials pointing to drug use, decreased condom use and reduced access to health services as just a few of the reasons behind the spread.

The health agency noted an increase across the three most commonly reported STDs between 2017 and 2018, wherein more than 115,000 syphilis cases were reported, more than 580,000 cases of gonorrhea were reported, and a whopping 1.7 million cases of chlamydia were reported.

In total, the CDC reported 2.5 million cases of STDs in the U.S. in 2018. It also noted cases of congenital syphilis, which is when a mother passes the STD to her baby during pregnancy, increased 40 percent from 2017 to 2018. The number of newborn deaths related to syphilis also increased 22 percent, resulting in 94 fatalities.

“STDs can come at a high cost for babies and other vulnerable populations,” Jonathan Mermin, M.D., M.P.H., director of CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention, said in a news release. “Curbing STDs will improve the overall health of the nation and prevent infertility, HIV, and infant deaths.”

Last edited by a moderator:
The CDC does surveys to find out things like how many patients use condoms, or how many use IV drugs. Personally I'd like to know how many MFers carry hand sanitizer, spread out toilet paper before sitting on a public toilet seat, but will still bareback a stranger.

No no you see condoms are the source of all problems! All you need is JAYESUS (can I get an amen)! The good lord (AMEN BROTHER) will provide! Just pray (hallelujah) and the syphillis will go away-ah!

Real talk: Big surprise. If you constantly demonize organizations like planned parenthood and make it against the rules for highschool sex-ed to say that condoms work, you get a jump in STD rates.
Our babies may be deformed, neurologically disabled, or doomed to die, but by god we're gonna ride this abstinence-only policy to the ground Slim Pickens style. It's what Jesus would want.

No no you see condoms are the source of all problems! All you need is JAYESUS (can I get an amen)! The good lord (AMEN BROTHER) will provide! Just pray (hallelujah) and the syphillis will go away-ah!

Real talk: Big surprise. If you constantly demonize organizations like planned parenthood and make it against the rules for highschool sex-ed to say that condoms work, you get a jump in STD rates.
Our babies may be deformed, neurologically disabled, or doomed to die, but by god we're gonna ride this abstinence-only policy to the ground Slim Pickens style. It's what Jesus would want.

My dude, with more than two thirds of syphillis cases coming from gay and bisexual men, I don't think you can lay this away the feet of religious conservatives.

My dude, with more than two thirds of syphillis cases coming from gay and bisexual men, I don't think you can lay this away the feet of religious conservatives.
Combating STDs is about education. Christian extremists continue to insist on abstinence only education. The shoe does kinda fit.

Rub everything down, w rubbing alcohol 1st then re rub w/ rubbing alcohol again & again and remember you are sleeping with EVERYONE, that person has ever slept with .... just say NO to cooties . Keep ur pants up !!! WALK fast away end of story BUT WAIT -> do first check see if the man has boobs or if anything is jammed up there in his P hole ( it might just be freakin interesting )

Back