• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

WannaBeMaybe

Trusted Member
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2014/06/10/21730326.html
Story from Canoe.ca
More story at link....

"VANCOUVER — Animal cruelty charges have been recommended against eight workers at Canada's largest dairy farm after a video surfaced that shows workers kicking, beating and using chains on cows, the B.C. Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says.

Mercy for Animals Canada says it shot the undercover video at Chilliwack Cattle Sales in Chilliwack, B.C., in May. The group has made headlines in recent months for videos showing calves in chains being beaten at a factory farm in Quebec as well as chicks being thrown, drowned, scalded to death and ground up alive at a hatchery in Hanover, Ont.

Officials with the SPCA said Criminal Code charges were recommended for willfully causing "unnecessary pain, suffering and injury" after their officers viewed the footage and visited the 3,500-cow farm last week.

"The images in the undercover video are extremely disturbing and highlight an urgent need for better standards to protect farm animals in B.C. from abuse and neglect," chief prevention and enforcement officer Marcie Moriarty said."

There's a video at the link, but I could only make it about 20 seconds in before I nearly got ill. Warning - video is HARD TO WATCH!

Cows and chickens are two of the dumbest and most delicious animals on the planet, so how do people know that they were being caused unnecessary pain? Seriously I have had chickens drown in 1 1/2 inches of water, if they would have stood up or simply lifted their heads they would have lived.

I'm not saying to whoop on farm animals I'm just wondering how they know about their pain level.

Oh my... I was waiting for those cows to kick those guy's fucking teeth out! It never came :(
It makes little sense to abuse poor cows that are UNABLE to move, all of those guys are just sick. Sick, sick individuals.

if I lived in Canada there is no way I would drink the milk after seeing that. . . .and I'd try n get everyone else also to boycott dairy. . . . . Those poor cows deserve a very long break.
And someone needs to shove a metal rod up that one guys ass. And did one of them rip an utter off the cow or what was that thing one guy threw?

if I lived in Canada there is no way I would drink the milk after seeing that. . . .and I'd try n get everyone else also to boycott dairy. . . . . Those poor cows deserve a very long break.
And someone needs to shove a metal rod up that one guys ass. And did one of them rip an utter off the cow or what was that thing one guy threw?

It was the poor cows hair on the end of their tail :(

That was AWFUL.

Cows and chickens are two of the dumbest and most delicious animals on the planet, so how do people know that they were being caused unnecessary pain? Seriously I have had chickens drown in 1 1/2 inches of water, if they would have stood up or simply lifted their heads they would have lived.

I'm not saying to whoop on farm animals I'm just wondering how they know about their pain level.

How do people know babies are in pain when they cry and not just expressing frustration. Do you really NEED to know a living creature is in pain to not treat them like shit? I hope you didn't watch the chickens drown. :/

Being dumb doesn't mean they feel no pain. All living creatures feel pain. This is about abuse not humane handling that ends up on the dinner table.
Being beaten no matter what type of creature you are is still painful.

Besides that, It really ruins the quality of the meat and the milk. Milk cows under stress produces less milk or none at all.

If you need to ask how anyone knows they're in pain, I think the chicken is smarter than you.

chickens drown in 1 1/2 inches of water, if they would have stood up or simply lifted their heads they would have lived

babies also drown in 1 1/2 inches of water and have neck and head control too... can they feel pain? how does one know this?

Just sayin.

babies also drown in 1 1/2 inches of water and have neck and head control too... can they feel pain? how does one know this?

Just sayin.

It's been scientifically proven that most all creatures respond to pain stimuli, even the most simple organisms. Pain typically means illness or injury, so it's a survival mehansism that animals feel it to know something is wrong. It's a basic part of life, no matter the "intelligence level of the species."

As far as them dying in stupid ways, how long have you been here? 0.o Ever heard of a "Darwin Award?" Human beings die in extreamly stupid, preventable ways all the time, but clearly we feel pain.

Just an FYI, cows also feel emotional pain too. I grew up next to a dairy farm. When they'd take the calves away from their mothers, they would scream for their babies something awful. Those screams sound almost human.

Just an FYI, cows also feel emotional pain too. I grew up next to a dairy farm. When they'd take the calves away from their mothers, they would scream for their babies something awful. Those screams sound almost human.

I went to a Dairy Farm in France and it was AWFUL. Also, they turn the baby boy calves into veal. :-(

Of course, I still drink cow milk on occasion, but I feel a little gross about it.

I went to a Dairy Farm in France and it was AWFUL. Also, they turn the baby boy calves into veal. :-(

Of course, I still drink cow milk on occasion, but I feel a little gross about it.

It's a hard thing to witness. I don't eat or drink much dairy, but only because I don't like the taste. I do eat meat. Some animals are meant to be food for other animals. Lions eat zebras & people eat cows. That's how it happens. But we should be as humane and respectful as possible to the animals that gave their lives to feed us.

Back