• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
18830568-7494781-image-a-27_1569250956439.jpg

Elisha Hessel was doing everything the right way.

She and her husband had been trying to have a child for three years. They were living in a dream home that looked like new. When she got pregnant, she went in for the recommended blood tests.

A nurse found amphetamines in Hessel’s blood.

“When they called me, I didn't know what that meant. So, I asked the nurse if that meant like, drugs in general,” Hessel said. “She basically just said 'yes' and asked me if I could explain that.”

Hessel didn’t have an explanation.

Elisha and her husband Tyler said they’ve never been around meth. They have no criminal history of drug use. Then they discovered that the home’s history was the problem.

“Through speaking with neighbors and kind of getting hints here and there,” said Hessel. “I went ahead and bought a test over the internet and tested it myself and it did come back with unsafe levels in the home.”

In Missouri, a seller who knows that a home once had a drug lab in it is required to tell the buyer. Nobody told the Hessels. They found the address on Jefferson County’s list of 2013 meth lab seizures.

Full Story:
https://www.khou.com/article/news/investigations/lingering-meth-contamination-forces-new-family-to-abandon-home/63-ed55fd2f-fde6-4605-9a36-35adc2592bca

I bet they couldn't believe their luck when they found their dream home in the bargain bin...

I wonder how much this will affect the baby's development.
Hopefully not at all.
My daughter is the offspring of heavy meth users. Both smoking while she was pregnant.
Smoking it while breastfeeding, not just smoking it and later nursing the her. Actually had her breastfeeding while she was hitting the pipe. Also manufacturing meth in her bedroom.
Not while she was in there. But her clothes and toys were in there.
They were arrested and sent to prison.

I adopted her.
She is now almost 22.
She graduated hs with honors and almost with her associates degree.
She graduated community college in 2 years. She getting ready to go to chico state.
She's self supporting and has no mental health issues.

Hopefully not at all.
My daughter is the offspring of heavy meth users. Both smoking while she was pregnant.
Smoking it while breastfeeding, not just smoking it and later nursing the her. Actually had her breastfeeding while she was hitting the pipe. Also manufacturing meth in her bedroom.
Not while she was in there. But her clothes and toys were in there.
They were arrested and sent to prison.

I adopted her.
She is now almost 22.
She graduated hs with honors and almost with her associates degree.
She graduated community college in 2 years. She getting ready to go to chico state.
She's self supporting and has no mental health issues.
What a great story with a happy ending! Congratulations to your daughter and props to you for giving her a sane and loving home *

When we were looking for a house to buy in our area (small town, rural), we checked out one with a decent amount of land for a rock bottom price. The agent said it was a little rough inside...but it was the SMELL. Not a rotten or dirty smell...it was just WIERD, like a chemistry lab gone wrong, and super strong. My hubby who has both a police background and now psychiatric nursing said he thought they were probably cooking meth there.
We passed on the deal, but someone else bought it and fixed it up, and it's really cute, now. You wouldn't catch me living there, though. No way.

Back