• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
roberson-150x150.jpg
olive_alexander.jpg

A two-hour sentencing hearing may have seemed long for the more than 50 people in the courtroom, but for those who had to wait 24 years to hear a judge say Ulysses Roberson would spend 15 years to life in prison, it was time well spent Wednesday afternoon.

Roberson, who last month was convicted of second-degree murder in the death of his son, continued to express his innocence.

Dressed in an orange jumpsuit, he showed no remorse, nor exhibited any with his words as he denied killing 4-year-old Alexander Olive. The boy’s body has never been found.

“He showed his true colors today by not accepting any responsibility or exhibiting any emotion,” FBI agent Chris Campion said of Roberson. “You don’t meet too many sociopaths. He is one of them.”

When both sides had their say, El Dorado County Superior Court Judge Suzanne Kingsbury said all the adults in the boy’s life had failed him.

Roberson lived with several women in the Tahoe Keys neighborhood of South Lake Tahoe. The boy is believed to have been killed in December 1985 or January 1986.

Judy Olive, the boy’s mother, forgave Roberson at Wednesday’s sentencing, just like she had done on the witness stand. However, she chose not to be in the courtroom when Roberson spoke.

Roberson asked to be able to leave when Olive gave her PowerPoint presentation, but the judge denied that request.

http://www.laketahoenews.net/2010/01/emotionless-father-sentenced-for-killing-4-year-old-son/

www.doenetwork.org/cases/92dmca.html

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

I am glad they were able to get this guy even after all of that time. I think its wonderful that poice still take the time to investigate cold cases and even solve them. It just blos my mind sometimes when i think of what the perpertraitor was thinking when they finally realized they wernt going to get away with it. Job well done.

I sure hope it doesn't take 24 years to convict Casey... even though they have a body but no cause of death just manner of death.. homocide. I doubt even when convicted Casey will show any more true emotion than the lack of emotion described above.

Back