• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
A further education college is having to protect builders from wolf-whistling girls, in a reversal of traditional gender stereotypes.

Officials at West Kent College in Tonbridge, Kent, sent an email to all pupils warning that the behaviour was "totally unacceptable", and saying any students caught harassing contractors would face disciplinary action.

The email was sent after a demolition team started work on a £94 million, three-year building project at the campus.

The email read: "It has come to the attention of the college that some female students have been making comments to, or whistling at, the builders both whilst on site and as they walk around the campus.

"Although we are sure no offence is meant, this constitutes harassment and is wholly unacceptable.

"We have asked the contractors' representative to pass on all instances of harassment to the college and we will take appropriate action which may include disciplinary action."

A spokeswoman for the contractors, Galliford Try, said: "We have no registered complaints on this issue. However we do not condone inappropriate behaviour from any parties on our sites."

Meanwhile new laws could see wolf-whistling builders placed on the sex offenders register. The Sexual Offences (Scotland) Bill will create a new offence of "communicating indecently", punishable by up to 10 years in jail.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-girls-banned-from-whistling-at-builders.html

You will never see a construction worker in Texas whining about getting some attention from a woman. They love it. Then again, they are real men. Bah...

Political correctness runs amok once more. Wolf whistles??? Get a grip, idiots. And the school's handling is just as asinine. Top it off with the bill that could put folks on the sex offenders list, and you have absurdity at it's finest. This may be UK but this shit happens here too... and probably more frequently.

Makes me want to scream and pull out my hair. I am surely going to end up in jail one day for mouthing off at some tight ass liberal PC cunt.

:whistle2: <--- wolf whistling - report me now!!!! put me out of my misery.

Makes me want to scream and pull out my hair. I am surely going to end up in jail one day for mouthing off at some tight ass liberal PC cunt.
Isn't tight ass liberal an oxy-moron? Liberals are not usually tight asses...at least not the liberals I've had contact with. Just saying.

I doubt it was the construction workers themelves complaining but some ponce school oficial taking mathers into his own hands.

I am a firm believer in this:
It can't be harrassment until you say it offends you! Come the fuck on. I have sick,twisted sense of humor at times and can say some pretty crazy shit. Until you; whoever you are; that I am talking to tells me it's a problem, you can't call it harrassment.The lines of decency and taste are narrow and I live with the assumption that I am normal. So don't fucking get on my ass about saying shit that offends you; until I continue to say it after you tell me it does.

Back