• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

BEDFORD Co., Va. (WSET) -- Prosecutors said an argument over which truck manufacturer was better led to a fight that left three people shot in Bedford County, Virginia.

The Bedford County Sheriff's Office said 56-year-old Mark Edwin Turner was charged with felony malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, and possession of a firearm by a felon.

A 911 call came in around 11:30 p.m. April 22 from reporting gun shots.

Law enforcement responded and found three people outside of the residence with what appeared to be non life-threatening injuries.

Bedford County Commonwealth's Attorney Wes Nance said Turner, his girlfriend, her son, and her son's girlfriend were having a pre-Easter dinner at their home.

Nance said the four were in the front yard when an argument started between Turner and his girlfriend's son about if Chevy or Ford is a better car manufacturer. During the argument, Nance said Turner pulled out a knife and his girlfriend tried to get between the two.

They said she was stabbed in the lower back area by Turner, leaving a six-inch wound.

Nance said Turner then went into the house and came back outside with a gun. His girlfriend put herself between Turner and her son again when Nance said Turner shot her five times in the leg.

The woman's son was shot in the arm, Nance said there was an entry and exit wound.

The son's girlfriend was hit by two bullets that Nance said ricocheted; one hit her in the back and one hit her in the cheek.

Law enforcement and a tactical team were called to the home and warrants show investigators found the three victims yelling in pain saying that had been shot by Turner.

At that time, Nance said Turner went back inside and continued to come out of the home to yell at officers. Nance said he was more agitated each time he came outside, but had a cell phone in his hand the whole time and not a weapon.

Deputies eventually hit Turner with a bean bag round and then took him into custody.

According to search warrants, drugs were involved as investigators had "two victims indicating there was possible drug activity at the residence" and investigators searched the home looking for illegal substances.

Search warrants also show investigators took several items from the home, including two cell phones, one in the yard and one on the porch, a pistol, wooden baseball bat, smoking device, three green plants, and drug paraphernalia.

My man drives a big, sexy Dodge with some go-fast mods and I can't lie, it makes my sticker peck out when I drive it. :cool: I don't plan on getting stabbed or shot over it though. I live in an area where people are super serious about their favorite truck manufacturer. It's like religion or politics, we just don't talk about it.

No one shoots each other over who makes a better hybrid.
It's Toyota though.
Post automatically merged:

When people live in poverty and have been disenfranchised by the prevailing culture, they tend to ally themselves overly strongly (and usually foolishly) to things they believe symbolically represent the values they feel are being overrun, and resort to violence to defend those unsubstantiated symbolic ideas. Just seems like a pattern, from ISIS to Hitler to preferred brands of truck manufacturer.

Last edited:
Ford sells the most, but they have by far the worse diesel truck, Chevy Duramax, is great, dodge could be the best right now, Toyota is a car not to be considered with real trucks
1999 ford 7.3 turbo diesel maybe best ever

Back