• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
The boy suffered a fractured skull, two deep lacerations to the back of his neck and head, and several minor lacerations to the back of the scalp.

The 14-month-old's parents were woken by his cries about midnight and when his father ran to look for him, he found the boy had been taken metres away from the trailer.

Paramedic Ben Du Toit got the call for help, despite the family's poor phone reception.
[....]
"The dad got out to investigate and found the dingo dragging the toddler away.

"He also spotted several other dingoes near the vicinity."

Mr Du Toit said the dad fought off the animals and succeeded in getting his son away.

"He immediately ran up and dragged his son and chased some of the dingoes off."

Mr Du Toit met the family at the nearby Eurong resort, where there was better phone reception, and the chopper arrived about 12:30am.

The child was flown to Hervey Bay Hospital in a stable condition but was transferred about 8:00am to Queensland Children's Hospital in Brisbane.

Lifeflight pilot Frank Bertoli said if it was not for his parents and their quick thinking, the toddler would have had more serious injuries.

"I think he [a dingo] made his way under the canvas to get into the camper trailer," he said.

"It's pretty horrific to hear something like that come over the phone and we just wanted to get there to be able to help.

"They said that the main dingo was surrounded by others."

The Environment Department believed two dingoes entered the camper trailer, with rangers currently attempting to identify them.
[....]
He said rangers were still working to track down the animals involved, adding the family was camping outside a fenced area to the north of Eurong.

"Obviously it occurred at night, it was dark," he said.

"We can identify dingoes to some extent, but obviously, it takes a ranger being there or a really good description or a photo."

Mr Clifton said it was generally out of character for dingoes to go all the way into sleeping quarters.

Euthanasia has not been ruled out.

"[The decision] is taken with all the information gathered together, and in consultation with the Butchulla traditional owners," he said.

Campers on Fraser Island are advised to keep children within arm's length, walk in groups and lock food up away from tents.

People are also advised not to run when faced with a dingo, as it is said it can often trigger a negative reaction.
[....]

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...dingoes-on-fraser-island/11031828?pfmredir=sm

Well now we know it really can happen.
It sure can. They are smart animals, they know humans and are not scared ofthem at all.
There's a bitch that comes up our drive (in deep bush) when she's in heat and tries to tempt our male dog down to her so the pack can attack him. He's too smart luckily. They will also leave a pup crying alone to see what comes to investigate it and attack whatever does too.

Chamberlain case

I couldn't think of her name the other day, but since I see Chamberlain I remember her name was Azaria. There are still alot of people who think that the mom got away with murder because they didn't believe it possible that a dingo could have physically dragged a baby away. Azaria was younger than this little guy and they didn't have any problem with him. So now it's settled, a dingo did, in fact, carry off a small human, so all the disbelievers can just shut the F up!

I believe Azaria Chamberlain was only a month or two old, so very tiny. I think the people who wanted to continue believing her mom Lindy was guilty of murder just refused to believe the truth because they were invested in her being guilty. Her trial was a huge media circus, and even after there was absolutely evidence she didn't do it and she was released from prison, some people refused to change their minds.

Latest posts

Back