• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Five people are facing child endangerment charges in Belmont County after they were found living inside a ‘deplorable’ trailer at Presidential Estates with two children under a year old and two cats.

Belmont county Sheriff Dave Lucas couldn't believe what we saw when he walked inside.

"The condition of the residence was unbelievable, deplorable, honestly unfit for not human, but even for animals to live in," Lucas said.

Trash, clothes, food, diapers and dirty dishes, along with hundreds of cockroaches, were scattered all over the floor of the home right next to a baby crib.

"When you walked, I mean the bugs ran away from where you walked, that's how bad it was," Lucas said.

The two children are covered in what appears to be bug bites.

"The two minor children were under a year old. Not even a year old living in this bug-infested, garbage infested residence," Lucas said.

Child Protective services immediately took them to the hospital for treatment.

"We're here for the children,” Lucas said. “If we don't protect the children, who is? These conditions here with two minor children is uncalled for."

Five people were arrested, including 41-year-old Paul McEndree and 41-year-old Kathy Jo McEndree -- the property owners.

They each face two counts of child endangerment charges, along with an animal cruelty charge.

Also arrested was one of the mothers, 18-year-old Brittany McEndree and a father, 21-year-old Jason Frazier, along with another mother, 21-year-old Maggie Gray.

These three each face two counts of child endangerment charges.

They are all in the Belmont County Jail awaiting arraignment.
https://wtov9.com/news/local/five-living-in-deplorable-conditions-charged-with-child-endangerment

I went out to the garage for something last night and saw a waterbug which I stomped. I come back out in a few minutes and look toward that spot and the fucker is gone! I look down and it is dragging itself toward the inside door with its guts hanging out. I stomped it again....harder. I think it was coming for me. :nailbiting:

I went out to the garage for something last night and saw a waterbug which I stomped. I come back out in a few minutes and look toward that spot and the fucker is gone! I look down and it is dragging itself toward the inside door with its guts hanging out. I stomped it again....harder. I think it was coming for me. :nailbiting:
OMG this is what nightmares are made of !!!!

GAH fucking waterbugs aren't bugs, they're prehistoric danger leaves. Leaves that grab onto you and try to eat your fingers and/or toes.

And they fucking fly. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

April 1st 2019
The property owners, who are also the grandparents, both learned their sentence for child endangerment and animal cruelty charges. They were living in deplorable conditions.

Trash, clothes, food, diapers and hundreds of cockroaches could be seen all over the floor of their Presidential Estates trailer, right next to a baby crib.

"When you walked, I mean the bugs ran away from where you walked, that's how bad it was," Belmont County Sheriff Dave Lucas said.

Pictures show what appeared to be bug bites on two children under a year old.

"Even though this was a case of child neglect and not abuse, nevertheless, these children should not have had to live in the situation that they did, their injuries were worsened as they are such young children and unable to protect themselves," Judge John Vavra said.

The property owners and grandparents, Paul and Kathy Jo McEndree, appeared before Vavra on Monday. Each pled guilty to child endangerment and animal cruelty.

Vavra imposed the same sentence for the couple -- a community control sentence that lasts for 24 months.

Three others were arrested in this case - one of the mothers, Brittany McEndree, a father, Jason Frazier and another mother, Maggie Gray. They all recently pled guilty to misdemeanor charges given their age and competency.

A member of children services also gave an update on the victims in this case.

One of the children was placed with a relative, another is in foster care.

Last edited:
Possible the parents of the young children are low functioning (the word competency is used) and historically were raised in unsafe conditions that they did/would not know any better.

Since the article states the children are placed and not with the biological parents I have hope for the babies.

Back