• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
cruserbluelights.png

Battle Creek officers say a 20-year-old man shoved a pregnant 12-year-old into a fence.

The girl says the 20-year-old is the father of her baby, according to the Battle Creek Police Department.

Police say she was walking with her brother and his girlfriend at the time of the assault.

The 20-year-old suspect allegedly said to her that he was “going to make her lose this baby,” police say.

The girl received minor injuries, police say.

Authorities said a sexual assault investigation began back in June between the 20-year-old and 12-year-old, but charges have not been filed in that investigation.

Police say the sexual assault investigation is separate from the assault.

Charges have been filed for the assault, police say. On Wednesday morning, the suspect turned himself into the BCPD.

He was taken into custody and is cooperating in the investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 year old and pregnant and still with family by the sounds of it.....
Investigation was underway, but she was still with family...::
She should have been taken away from the family as soon as they knew about her pregnancy......she should have had someone protecting her rights......
Did she decide to keep the baby? At 12 I don’t think she would have had the mental capacity to do so.....
Hormones from changing from child to woman, coupled with hormones from pregnancy......poor kid must have be all over the place emotionally, mentally and physically....
Children’s bodies weren’t meant to cope with growing babies in them......
Why wasn’t he arrested for rape as soon as that child said he was the father?????
That’s rape not assault.....I think they’ve been too slow to act in this instance and the 12 year old was let down time and again.
I assume with her walking with her brother and his girlfriend that she didn’t feel safe walking alone....:12 year old, scared to walk alone, pregnant....:don’t worry about it.....she wasn’t even safe walking with her brother.
He still got to her again.
Where was this child’s protection when she obviously needed it?????

Kip Winger took inspiration from the Beatles song, "I Saw Her Standing There", which contains the lyric, "Well she was just seventeen/If you know what I mean/And the way she looked/Was way beyond compare." He wasn't aware that it was illegal for an adult to have sexual relations with a seventeen-year-old.[1] Winger promises he never actually had sex with one.[2]

Im confused why multiple people think the 20 year old is family to her. Was there something hinting at that in the article? (I cant see it its blocking EU)

12 year old and pregnant and still with family by the sounds of it.....
Investigation was underway, but she was still with family...::
She should have been taken away from the family as soon as they knew about her pregnancy......she should have had someone protecting her rights......
Did she decide to keep the baby? At 12 I don’t think she would have had the mental capacity to do so.....
Hormones from changing from child to woman, coupled with hormones from pregnancy......poor kid must have be all over the place emotionally, mentally and physically....
Children’s bodies weren’t meant to cope with growing babies in them......
Why wasn’t he arrested for rape as soon as that child said he was the father?????
That’s rape not assault.....I think they’ve been too slow to act in this instance and the 12 year old was let down time and again.
I assume with her walking with her brother and his girlfriend that she didn’t feel safe walking alone....:12 year old, scared to walk alone, pregnant....:don’t worry about it.....she wasn’t even safe walking with her brother.
He still got to her again.
Where was this child’s protection when she obviously needed it?????
If he's not family I dont see why she should be taken away. Sounds like it was reported and is being dealt with. They cant charge him without proof. A 12 yr old just saying it happened doesnt mean that it did. They will be waiting for her to give birth and DNA test the baby. Sexual assault is the legal charge for rape in a lot of states. Very few carry a "rape" charge. And a 12 year old walking with a sibling doesn't mean anything inherently. They could have been walking home, or to the store or any number of places. It doesn't mean she was scared to leave the house alone.

While I get the sentiment and were you're coming from, childrens bodies are in fact meant for child birth. Thats exactly what puberty does. Sets you up to breed. If you can get pregnant..your body is capable of handling it. Not all that many years ago kids having kids was the norm..and expected. Biologically speaking an adult's body isnt made for child birth. Not only does genetics decay as you age, you're body isnt capable of handling childbirth and there are more complications. Don't confuse a social norm as a biological truth.

Damn, this guy ready to risk it all, what a fool.

1st - Having sex with a 12 year old
2nd - Assaulting a pregnant woman
3rd - Could have killed the baby and gone in for Manslaughter or Murder.

Im confused why multiple people think the 20 year old is family to her. Was there something hinting at that in the article? (I cant see it its blocking EU)
I think people are misreading it.

She was walking with her brother and her brother's girlfriend. They (the trio) were approached by the baby daddy / rapist / perp, and he physically assaulted her. So there are four people in this situation:
perp
victim
victim's brother
victim's brother's girlfriend

I think people are misreading it.

She was walking with her brother and her brother's girlfriend. They (the trio) were approached by the baby daddy / rapist / perp, and he physically assaulted her. So there are four people in this situation:
perp
victim
victim's brother
victim's brother's girlfriend
Thanks! That's how I interpreted it but the incest and other comments confused me lol

you're body isnt capable of handling childbirth and there are more complications. Don't confuse a social norm as a biological truth.
Pregnancy and childbirth complications are much more common in teenagers especially under the age of 15.
Post automatically merged:

While I get the sentiment and were you're coming from, childrens bodies are in fact meant for child birth. Thats exactly what puberty does. Sets you up to breed. If you can get pregnant..your body is capable of handling it.
A period does not mean you have gone through puberty. There is a reason it doesn't end at 12.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the incest comment was just a joke based on the way it read that she was with her brother, but they knew there really was a 4th person.

The comment about taking her away from her family I believe was based on the fact that in the care of her family she has managed to be impregnated and now injured by the father of baby... so the family is not doing a great job of protecting a 12yo child.

I may be wrong, but that was my interpretation.

@Satanica
A Battle Creek man accused of having sex with a 12-year-old girl, and attacking her, was formally arraigned on multiple charges in Calhoun County District Court Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019.

Attorney Magistrate David Heiss arraigned Dawson Burk, 20, on two counts of first degree criminal sexual conduct with a victim under the age of 13.

Battle Creek Police said a 12-year-old girl told them that Burk is her ex-boyfriend and alleged that Burk got her pregnant. He is also accused of assaulting the girl while she was walking on August 16, 2019.

"The suspect approached them, came up to her, and shoved her into the fence, causing some injuries on her side, and they had some verbal altercation, and then he left," Battle Creek Detective Sgt. Todd Elliott said. "One of the allegations in there is he said something to the effect of, 'I'm gonna make you lose this baby.'"

Elliott said the injuries were minor and that police have not confirmed if the girl is pregnant.

On Wednesday, Burk turned himself into police.

Scott Coleman, the attorney appointed to Burk for his arraignment, entered not-guilty pleas for both cases.

Burk will await trial for both. Coleman said Burk has no criminal history, and might have some mental illness.

Given the alleged admissions, the nature of the allegations, and his assault charges, the court ordered no bond in Burk's criminal sexual conduct case.

"It was detailed that there were several remarks, at least reported, to have acknowledged the relationship, and maybe some of the actions," Heiss said.

In addition to no bond, the court ordered Burk to have no contact with the victim, and no unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 16.
1566712872666.png

Back