• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@ Buffettgirl

FEAR AND HATRED IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO ANY PARTY.

Just got in from a lovely long week-end up north Buffettgirl. You should try it sometime.
Is that what your daily DNC talking points memo told you to say? Stick to being wrong politically and not giving advice, 'K? You're not good at it... The arrogance in the ASSumption that I want or need travel advice from you is pitiable. And explains a lot. None of it good...

Blame, solutions for mass shootings
Timothy D. Easley/AP

Opinion: To get gun control, Democrats must take Senate

The Washington PostThe Washington Post

The latest
In a speech on Monday responding to two mass shootings over the weekend, President Trump downplayed the role guns played in the shootings, saying “mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun.” – Vox.com
Trump discussed gun laws briefly, but he also blamed the "perils" of social media, the internet and video games for some of the divisions in the country and discussed the need for "cultural change" in the USA. – USA Today
Democrats also cited President Trump’s caustic rhetoric on immigration as a contributing cause of the tragedies. The El Paso shooter left behind a racist manifesto that expressed hatred toward immigrants, using terms the president has previously employed. – National Review

The Federalist

Opinion: ‘Do Something!’ Is Not Going To Stop Mass Shooters

The FederalistThe Federalist

Post automatically merged:

@BuffettGirl - Oh, do tell

Last edited:
So just fuck the Constitution and the 2nd Amendment, right? Swap lying, opportunistic politicians for your RIGHT to keep and bear arms. Good plan...

Oh sweet, Victoria. If I have said it once, I've said it 1000 times, you can't teach human compassion, some people are just heartless and to them? People could die in droves as long as their bubble and political ideology isn't encroached on. They simple do not and cannot care, it's not in their nature. Deplorable, never a word fit so well.

Oh sweet, Victoria. If I have said it once, I've said it 1000 times, you can't teach human compassion, some people are just heartless and to them? People could die in droves as long as their bubble and political ideology isn't encroached on. They simple do not and cannot care, it's not in their nature. Deplorable, never a word fit so well.
Coming from the degenerate that talks about people choking to death on a bag of dicks? How blind are you to the shit you contribute to the world being an uglier place? "They SIMPLE do not care?" How would YOU know what constitutes "care"? Despicable, never an adjective so accurately described... You must be talking to yourself in the mirror again eh?

Rage induced justifications in 3, 2, 1...

@BuffettGirl - Sooooo, best to do nothing then and let the carnage continue?

A real conversation about gun violence must begin in earnest.
Not if your starting point is to impede my rights. What is it you people don't get about that? And DO stop trying to put words in my mouth. You don't do it well, at all...

Last edited:
Victoria said:

@BuffettGirl - Sooooo, best to do nothing then and let the carnage continue?

A real conversation about gun violence must begin in earnest.
Not if your starting point is to impede my rights. What is it you people don't get about that? And DO stop trying to put words in my mouth. You don't do it well, at all...
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who is 'you people'? As I sit here I have several guns in my house. Admittedly they are sporting rifles but lethal all the same.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who is 'you people'? As I sit here I have several guns in my house. Admittedly they are sporting rifles but lethal all the same.
Are you NOT a card carrying member of the DNC? That's the people I meant. It was damn obvious too, leading one to believe that you like to shit stir as much as you little pal, just with less profanity. There was absolutely NO REASON for this inane question other than shit stirring... way to begin a discussion. I'm glad you own sporting rifles and that they're lethal, kind of they purpose of them, eh?

pfft.

… giggle … giggle … giggle!!
Real productive to the "discussion" you purported to want to have about guns... and now we know that was another leftie lie don't we. Y'all can't keep your bullshit straight for two seconds can you?

@BuffettGirl - Except as your every post declares, you don't want a discussion. You just want to attack.
Sure. Tell more lies. I don't tag you 1/100 of the amount of times you tag me just to be a whinging little brat. Whatever. You clearly don't have any intention of discussing the topic, as I stated. You only want to tell people how to think and feel. Get on with your bad self and do the work of evil and stripping the country of it's founding documents. It's what you all really want.... One World Order and all, right? Why not admit it and be honest for once?

1565130398634.png

Trump's racism is an impeachable offense. The precedent of Andrew Johnson proves it.

Presidents are free to oppose and criticize laws passed by Congress but not to block their execution for reasons of racial animus.

Johnson’s deep-rooted racism, along with his verbal excoriation of his congressional foes as “treasonous” — something our current president has also done — led to his impeachment.

He attempted “to bring into disgrace, ridicule, hatred, contempt and reproach the Congress of the United States.”

He delivered “with a loud voice, intemperate, inflammatory, and scandalous harangues, and has uttered loud threats and bitter menaces, against Congress [and] the laws of the United States, amid the cries, jeers and laughter of the multitudes.”

He has brought the “high office of the President of the United States into contempt, ridicule and disgrace.”

Sound like someone we all know? These charges certainly describe President Donald Trump’s deplorable behavior and its effects on Congress, the presidency, and — most importantly — the divisions he has exploited and widened among the American people, as well as the damage he has caused to America’s standing and role in the world community.

But they aren’t an imaginary list of offenses compiled by Congress to hold Trump accountable for his transgressions; they are actual excerpts from Article 10, the most important of the 11 impeachment articles brought by Congress against an earlier president: Andrew Johnson.

Johnson’s deep-rooted racism, along with his verbal excoriation of his congressional foes as “treasonous” — something our current president has also done — led to his impeachment in 1868. Article 10 of his impeachment indictment provides a legal basis and historical precedent for making a president’s racist speech an impeachable offense, by itself, as evidence of unfitness to hold the highest and most powerful office in the land.

.... hmmmmm

Republicans on Edge as More Lawmakers Throw in the Towel

he Republican exodus that preceded last year’s “blue wave” appears to be repeating itself, as a growing number of GOP lawmakers and moderate lawmakers announce their retirement from Congress. The figure has yet to reach 2018 proportions, when 39 Republicans did not run for reelection, and 41 Democrats won new seats, but the number is substantial: eight congressional Republicans have already announced their retirement this year, including a member of the leadership team, and as several Capitol Hill outlets are reporting, the trend seems likely to get worse for the GOP. Over the past two weeks alone, five House Republicans have announced that they will not run for reelection next year, including two representatives who are aiming for the Senate or a governorship instead, and three who are in moderate swing districts.

So far the majority of retirements are in reliably red districts, which, barring a Roy Moore–level scandal, will keep those seats in Republican hands. Two seats, however, have now moved into the “toss-up” category, per the Cook Political Report: Rob Woodall from Georgia’s 7th and Pete Olson of Texas’s 22nd. On Friday, shortly after Politico’s report, Rep. Will Hurd, a Texan from a swing district and the only black Republican in the House, announced he would not seek re-election as well. And given ongoing demographic shifts in Texas, which has been trending blue, some political observers believe there could be more. “We wouldn’t be surprised if there were more retirements because Republicans know their 2020 prospects in Texas are doomed,” Abhi Rahman, communications director for the Texas Democratic Party, told Politico. Why go through the trouble of a tough reelection only to sit in the minority, anyway?

Privately, several congressional Republican insiders agree, telling Politico that they expect even more defections over the coming months as a result of low morale. “Being in the minority weighs on members’ decision-making.… It is a new reality for many,” fretted Rep. Tom Reed, co-chair of the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus. They’ve already lost Justin Amash, who abandoned the party to run as an independent and is leaving Michigan’s 3rd vulnerable to a potential Democrat. Add to that the possibility that Reps. Duncan Hunter and Chris Collins, both under indictment for multiple felonies, are convicted and inevitably booted from Congress, and the GOP’s ranks grow thinner. (Both Hunter and Collins have pleaded not guilty.)

''' article continues
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08/republican-congress-retirements-2020-election

1565142029913.png

1565142150587.png

Prayers for El Paso

1565142676117.png

Prayers for Dayton

Last edited:
This is just too good to be true:p:D:joyful:
Libs freak!!!!!

Monica Lewinsky-Produced 'Impeachment' Set as Next 'American Crime Story' at FX
scheduled to premiere Sunday, Sept. 27, 2020, at 10 p.m. ET on FX.

FX dismisses critics of Clinton scandal miniseries timed for 2020 election

One had a very clear political motive, manifesto and all; one was an insane person who had a history of threats and violence going back a decade with no political motive. Both were extremely disturbed and festering like a disease in the current climate.

So which of these are the Republicans responsible for and which ones are the Democrats responsible for?

EBQfXspX4AAJ6mr.jpg

Hint: None and none.

So which of these are the Republicans responsible for and which ones are the Democrats responsible for?

View attachment 21449

Hint: None and none.

Gross. 4chan memes made by the exact kind of asshole that shoots folks up. Cool, like context in a modern debate, you just took it out but sure.

"The meme was first posted on Aug. 5 to the /pol/ (“Politically Incorrect”) section of the website 4chan, which is notorious as a forum for far-right and white nationalist imagery, tropes and discussion threads. It was entitled “Mass Shooters 2019” and bore the sub-heading “Every person charged with or arrested for shooting 4+ people in a single incident.” Underneath that was a collage of 98 portrait photographs, many of them prison mugshots.

A large portion of the individuals shown in the collage appeared to be non-white, prompting its further promulgation on other online forums, including the website of former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke. The meme prompted much racist and white supremacist commentary."

Gang violence, private dwelling shootings, domestic violence, robbery/other crime involved, unsolved murders are not considered mass shootings by the FBI.

Soooo, bullshit conspiracy sites and 4chan, not just 4chan but /pol/ at that?

1565194984684.png

Last edited:
COMMOM SENSE GUN REFORM SOUNDS LIKE THIS:
By Derreck Wells, Responsible Gun Owner 08/05/2019
In the wake of the shootings this weekend I've been hearing a lot of talk on gun control. Gun grabbers want more, stricter laws while gun enthusiasts say criminals don't obey the existing laws, why would they obey new ones.
Both sides are correct, but in this devided country we live in, no one wants to give an inch and meet in the middle.
And yes... there is a middle ground. The DFL.
The best compromise between the gun grabbers and the gun owners is to set up a system like our driver's licenses. In order to get a driver's license, we need to pass a written and a practical test. That license is then valid in every state, because the test is up to Federal standards in every state.
If we had a Federal agency called the DFL (Department of Firearm Licensing) we could take a written and practical firearm test, then we get a license that is valid in every state, just like our driver's licenses. We would then need to show that license to buy a gun, whether through private sale or through a dealer.
During the process of making our appointment for the licensing test, we would sign a HIPPA waiver allowing the DFL to access our medical records. By the time we go to take our test, they would have already checked for mental issues excluding us from gun ownership and if any were found, not allow us to take the test. (The DFL employees would be subject to HIPPA confidentiality just like medical personnel are.)
Now, before anyone starts arguing with me about constitutional "rights" to own guns... everyone of legal age could still own a gun and keep it at home with no license (if they pass a background check and get an FID card like Massachusetts uses), just like anyone of legal age can buy a car and keep it at home with no driver's license (you need to be 18 to sign a bill of sale, so ID of some sort is required here too, or a parent has to co-sign.) However, if you want to take the gun (or car) off your property you would need to have a valid license. This would allow for home defense.
The reality is "rights" as you think of them don't actually exist. They are just privileges based on what country you were lucky enough to be born into; our founding fathers wrote them into our constitution as "rights" because they were getting out from under a King who gave them few privileges. The Constitution has been amended before, and it will be again. Those aren't "rights" if they can be changed with a majority vote, but I digress.
This plan would appease all sides, it's a great compromise. We, the responsible gun owners, get national reciprocity with a valid license (just like my driver's license is valid in every state) and they, the gun grabbers, get to know that everyone carrying a gun took a test to show they were capable to handle that gun safely... AND the government gets to make the money from licensing and renewals.
As a bonus, many small businesses would also benefit by having licensing classes, like driver's ed, but they can call it shooter's ed, so this would also create more jobs and business opportunities.
Criminals would absolutely still get guns illegally and use them, but no laws will ever change that. Laws only affect law abiding citizens, however, this would make it more difficult for them. It would effectivly close the "loophole" that is private sales and gun shows. If everyone had to show a federally issued gun license to buy a gun, even in a private sale, it would stop people that have been convicted of a felony or domestic violence, or that had mental issues, from lying and buying a gun anyway.
I'm quite certain the people that owned cars before there were driver's licenses weren't happy when those licensing laws came into effect and they had to get them, but here we are, all of us with a driver's license in our pockets. Those laws were implemented to keep us safe from people that don't know how to drive safely. Why should gun laws be different? We don't have to be happy about it, but in the long run, this plan would keep us all a little safer, just like driver's licenses do.
^This would be common sense gun reform. Please share this article as wide and far as you can. Maybe the right people will see it before guns are banned entirely and the Country falls into chaos.

shootings.jpg
shootings.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be super down for that or something similar like Japan does.

If Japanese people want to own a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written test, and achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test. Then they have to pass a mental-health evaluation, which takes place at a hospital, and pass a background check, in which the government digs into their criminal record and interviews friends and family. They can only buy shotguns and air rifles — no handguns — and every three years they must retake the class and initial exam.

If you wanna own a gun? Fine but I want you on a list for the rest of your damn life and if you are "law abiding" then what are you bitching for?

Heading to El Paso, Trump nixes assault weapons ban

WASHINGTON — U.S. President Donald Trump dismissed legislation to ban assault rifles as politically unfeasible on Wednesday as he prepared to visit the sites of two deadly mass shootings that shocked the country and drew criticism of his anti-immigrant rhetoric.

As he left the White House, Trump said he wanted to strengthen background checks for gun purchases and make sure mentally ill people did not carry guns. He predicted congressional support for those two measures but not for banning assault rifles.

"I can tell you that there is no political appetite for that at this moment," Trump told reporters at the White House. "But I will certainly bring that up ... There is a great appetite, and I mean a very strong appetite, for background checks."

,,, article continues

Reuters
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...so-trump-nixes-assault-weapons-ban/ar-AAFtmWp

COMMOM SENSE GUN REFORM SOUNDS LIKE THIS:
By Derreck Wells, Responsible Gun Owner 08/05/2019
In the wake of the shootings this weekend I've been hearing a lot of talk on gun control. Gun grabbers want more, stricter laws while gun enthusiasts say criminals don't obey the existing laws, why would they obey new ones.
Both sides are correct, but in this devided country we live in, no one wants to give an inch and meet in the middle.
And yes... there is a middle ground. The DFL.
The best compromise between the gun grabbers and the gun owners is to set up a system like our driver's licenses. In order to get a driver's license, we need to pass a written and a practical test. That license is then valid in every state, because the test is up to Federal standards in every state.
If we had a Federal agency called the DFL (Department of Firearm Licensing) we could take a written and practical firearm test, then we get a license that is valid in every state, just like our driver's licenses. We would then need to show that license to buy a gun, whether through private sale or through a dealer.
During the process of making our appointment for the licensing test, we would sign a HIPPA waiver allowing the DFL to access our medical records. By the time we go to take our test, they would have already checked for mental issues excluding us from gun ownership and if any were found, not allow us to take the test. (The DFL employees would be subject to HIPPA confidentiality just like medical personnel are.)
Now, before anyone starts arguing with me about constitutional "rights" to own guns... everyone of legal age could still own a gun and keep it at home with no license (if they pass a background check and get an FID card like Massachusetts uses), just like anyone of legal age can buy a car and keep it at home with no driver's license (you need to be 18 to sign a bill of sale, so ID of some sort is required here too, or a parent has to co-sign.) However, if you want to take the gun (or car) off your property you would need to have a valid license. This would allow for home defense.
The reality is "rights" as you think of them don't actually exist. They are just privileges based on what country you were lucky enough to be born into; our founding fathers wrote them into our constitution as "rights" because they were getting out from under a King who gave them few privileges. The Constitution has been amended before, and it will be again. Those aren't "rights" if they can be changed with a majority vote, but I digress.
This plan would appease all sides, it's a great compromise. We, the responsible gun owners, get national reciprocity with a valid license (just like my driver's license is valid in every state) and they, the gun grabbers, get to know that everyone carrying a gun took a test to show they were capable to handle that gun safely... AND the government gets to make the money from licensing and renewals.
As a bonus, many small businesses would also benefit by having licensing classes, like driver's ed, but they can call it shooter's ed, so this would also create more jobs and business opportunities.
Criminals would absolutely still get guns illegally and use them, but no laws will ever change that. Laws only affect law abiding citizens, however, this would make it more difficult for them. It would effectivly close the "loophole" that is private sales and gun shows. If everyone had to show a federally issued gun license to buy a gun, even in a private sale, it would stop people that have been convicted of a felony or domestic violence, or that had mental issues, from lying and buying a gun anyway.
I'm quite certain the people that owned cars before there were driver's licenses weren't happy when those licensing laws came into effect and they had to get them, but here we are, all of us with a driver's license in our pockets. Those laws were implemented to keep us safe from people that don't know how to drive safely. Why should gun laws be different? We don't have to be happy about it, but in the long run, this plan would keep us all a little safer, just like driver's licenses do.
^This would be common sense gun reform. Please share this article as wide and far as you can. Maybe the right people will see it before guns are banned entirely and the Country falls into chaos.

Interesting to me is that although the most shootings occurred during Obama’s eight year stint, most of them were at the hands of angry white men.

Coincidence? I think not.

Gross. 4chan memes made by the exact kind of asshole that shoots folks up. Cool, like context in a modern debate, you just took it out but sure.

"The meme was first posted on Aug. 5 to the /pol/ (“Politically Incorrect”) section of the website 4chan, which is notorious as a forum for far-right and white nationalist imagery, tropes and discussion threads. It was entitled “Mass Shooters 2019” and bore the sub-heading “Every person charged with or arrested for shooting 4+ people in a single incident.” Underneath that was a collage of 98 portrait photographs, many of them prison mugshots.

A large portion of the individuals shown in the collage appeared to be non-white, prompting its further promulgation on other online forums, including the website of former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke. The meme prompted much racist and white supremacist commentary."

Gang violence, private dwelling shootings, domestic violence, robbery/other crime involved, unsolved murders are not considered mass shootings by the FBI.

Soooo, bullshit conspiracy sites and 4chan, not just 4chan but /pol/ at that?

View attachment 21470

I think that everything that you posted is true.

But none of it called into question the actual validity of the underlying information contained in the picture. It's factually true, to the best of my knowledge.

The point that I was trying to make was that politicians aren't responsible for insane lunatics who decide pick up a gun and unload a few clips into innocent people. Obama wasn't responsible when a BLM affiliated activist took out five cops in Dallas, even though he spouted (extremely flawed) police brutality and black victim-hood rhetoric, Bernie Sanders wasn't responsible for a lunatic who shot up a baseball field and nearly killed Scalise, Elizabeth Warren isn't responsible for a guy who killed his own sister and 8 others in Ohio and Donald Trump isn't responsible for a psycho who shot up a Walmart.

The El Paso shooter is a white supremacist piece of shit and he deserves to die. White supremacist terrorism is a problem. Black on Black gang violence is a far greater problem if your primary concern is the amount of body bags filled, as opposed to the political mileage. But neither Trump, Republicans or their supporters are white supremacists. If you believe that to be the case then you are ill-informed, biased or brainwashed. Trump has never said anything to inidcate otherwise. I've debunked the 'Charlottesville' nonsense many times here already, he called MS13 'animals' not all Mexicans, it wasn't a "Muslim ban', he banned travelers from countries with insufficient security and screening at airports from entering the US. He said that 'some' of the people illegally crossing the border are 'rapists and criminals', which is a completely factual statement. And I could go on, but what's the point.

You don't have to agree with Trump on anything. But if you are intellectually honest you do have to accept that he is not a 'white supremacist', he is not responsible for nor did he cause the El Paso shooting and border security isn't a race issue.

I do agree with your view on gun control. What you suggested sounds a lot like what we have here. Except we can have single shot rifles with a bolt action also, but definitively no hand guns unless you are a sports piston shooter, then you can qualify for single shot pistols. The rest sounds on point with our rules. I had no idea that there were any guns in Japan. Everyone here is happy with our rules. No one gets shot, no one at all advocates for more guns in our society. But we don't have a history of rebellion leading to the establishment of our most fundamental rights. I have a feeling that there are plenty of gun nuts in the US jacking off to the fantasy of one day rising up and overthrowing a tyrannical government just like their ancestors. I can kinda see where they are coming from. Any attempt at tyrannical rule of the US is going to come from Democrats. But they'll do it in the name of 'social justice'.

Last edited:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Trump Comes to Console. El Paso Says No Thanks.

EL PASO — Earlier this year in his State of the Union address, President Trump described to the nation how the Texas border city of El Paso once had “extremely high rates of violent crime” and was considered “one of our nation’s most dangerous cities.” Then he turned it into the living argument for his border wall.

“With a powerful barrier in place,” he went on, “El Paso is one of the safest cities in our country. Simply put, walls work and walls save lives.”

In this West Texas border city, founded 360 years ago as an outpost of the Spanish empire, those words festered. So did words Mr. Trump repeated at a rally he held on the city’s outskirts a few weeks later. “Murders, murders, murders,” he said, in reference to immigrants, as the crowd chanted, “Build the wall!”

For many in El Paso, the potentially devastating consequences of the anger over immigration and race became apparent this weekend, when 22 people were killed at a Walmart and the white suspect warned of a “Hispanic invasion,” plunging the city into mourning. So Mr. Trump returned — this time to say he wanted to help the city grieve.

But rarely in recent memory has a relationship between a president and a city been so fraught. As Mr. Trump arrived here on Wednesday to try to meet the victims, protesters gathered at a memorial outside the scene of the carnage, many angry at the president’s visit.

... article continues

The New York Times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...aso-says-no-thanks/ar-AAFu7QW?ocid=spartanntp

Last edited:
Interesting to me is that although the most shootings occurred during Obama’s eight year stint, most of them were at the hands of angry white men.

Coincidence? I think not.

"Of 114 mass shootings - using the Congress definition - between 1982 and May 2019, 110 were carried out by men.

The final four are made up of three women, and one case of one man and a woman working together in the San Bernardino attack in December 2015.

According to Statista analysis, in the same time-frame 64 of the perpetrators were white, while 19 were black, 10 Latino and eight Asian.

About 60% of America is white-only, while current stats show white people carry out about 58% of shootings. But as a proportion of all races and shootings, white people far outstrip others."

(interesting read IMO)

1565297686913.png
Rut Row!!

Deutsche and Wall Street banks reportedly just gave Congress thousands of documents related to Russians with possible ties to Trump

Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, and Wells Fargo have been giving thousands of documents to congressional committees investigating whether President Trump had links to Russia, according to The Wall Street Journal, which cited people familiar with congressional probes.

The Journal also said that some banks were giving documents related to the president's own business, the Trump Organization, to New York state investigators.

Investigators for the House Financial Services Committee and the House Intelligence Committee are reportedly working on a joint probe into whether there was potential foreign influence on Trump and his family.

The Journal said that more information will likely be handed over in coming weeks as the banks respond to subpoenas sent in April.

Trump has reportedly received around $2 billion in loans from Deutsche Bank over two decades. The Financial Times reported that the German bank and Trump have had a complicated relationship, suing one another in 2008 over loans to build Trump International Hotel & Tower in downtown Chicago.

… article continues

Business Insider

It's factually true, to the best of my knowledge.

It's not, for the exact reasons I pointed out. Reread if you have issue. Not all murders are considered mass murder even if there are 4 or more victims. Intellectually, you know that. Gang violence and murder committed during robbery is not the same as crazy fuckers walking into a public place and opening fire. If Obama had stood on the world stage and called any other race rapists and criminals and spent YEARS making said race our biggest problem and enemy and then a bunch of nutso democrats started shooting up said race, you would be shitting all of your pants, like every single pair.

And you so love to call me a hypocrite. Cute.

Back