• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
~ @DIAFplease ~ That's what happens when you are an individual who says one thing based on new policy only to call it back once told his policy is absolute shit that only a idiot with no knowledge of government would introduce.

WATCH: Why does Trump's image appear under searches for 'idiot?' Google CEO Pichai answers.

Last edited:
2020 Democrats celebrate Supreme Court citizenship question decision

Democratic presidential candidates celebrated Thursday morning's Supreme Court decision blocking the Trump administration's request to add a citizenship question to the 2020 census.

Chief Justice John Roberts joined with the court's liberal wing in a decision ruling 5-4 the Trump administration did not give adequate reason for adding the question.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) called the decision a "victory for our democracy."

"But the fight is not over, so let's keep working to make sure everyone is counted," Klobuchar said.

… article continues

Post automatically merged:

Cuffed and bedraggled Paul Manafort dragged into Manhattan courthouse to plead Trump-proof state fraud charges

1561660303936.png1561660303936.png1561660303936.png1561660303936.png1561660303936.png1561660303936.png1561660303936.png

Last edited:
White House mulls capital gains tax break to benefit wealthy

The White House is developing a plan to cut taxes by indexing capital gains to inflation, according to people familiar with the matter, in a move that would largely benefit the wealthy and may be done in a way that bypasses Congress.

Consensus is growing among White House officials to advance the proposal soon, the people said, to ensure the benefit takes effect before President Donald Trump faces re-election in 2020.

Bloomberg https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...to-benefit-wealthy/ar-AADw1wD?ocid=spartanntp

What We Learned From Night 2 of the Democratic Debates

Biden’s opponents have been swinging at him for weeks. On Thursday, some landed blows.

It was a two-hour debate with 10 candidates. But there was only one defining moment: Senator Kamala Harris of California invoking her personal history about being bused to school as she directly challenged Joseph R. Biden Jr., the former vice president, over his record on race and the use of busing to integrate schools.

“I do not believe you are a racist,” Ms. Harris began the emotional exchange with Mr. Biden on Thursday night.

The New York Times

Trump slams 'terrible' Jimmy Carter as 'forgotten president' after suggestion 2016 win was 'illegitimate'

Senate rejects attempt to curb Trump's Iran war powers

What The Ever Loving Fuck

Trump is ‘very angry’ over murder of Khashoggi but defends crown prince

4 Senate Republicans joined with Democrats to rein in Trump on Iran

Trump enters North Korea, announces nuclear talks will resume

President Trump made history on Sunday by becoming the first sitting U.S. president to cross into North Korea, a symbolic gesture toward Kim Jong Un during a meeting at the heavily guarded Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) in which the two leaders agreed to restart stalled nuclear talks.

Trump and Kim afterward spoke privately for more than 50 minutes, turning what was supposed to be a brief exchange of pleasantries into a negotiating session in which Trump said they both agreed to “designate a team” and “work out some details” in his on-again, off-again effort to end Pyongyang’s nuclear program.

“Speed is not the object. We want to see if we can do a really comprehensive, good deal,” Trump told reporters. “This was a great day. This was a very legendary, very historic day.”

“It’ll be even more historic if something comes up, something very important,” the president added.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...y-crossing-into-north-korea-before-announcing

Trump slams 'terrible' Jimmy Carter as 'forgotten president' after suggestion 2016 win was 'illegitimate'

1561818382910-png.19721
What The Ever Loving Fuck

1. At this point, suggesting that the 2016 election was 'illegitimate' is a proven lie, a hack partisan statement or a self declaration of ignorance. Not to mention an attack on the US democratic process.

2. "Curb Trumps Iran war powers"? What powers are they? The power not to escalate tensions to the point of war? The power to not launch an attack in response to direct provocation?

3. Fuck Saudi Arabia. Their allegiance is a necessary evil. (because Iran mostly).

4. See #2.

Last edited:
~ @CentreAussie ~ Good afternoon. I must say that just like the fabled Phenix your arguments keep rising from the ashes only to burst into flame once more.

First it is now proven that indeed the Trump campaign did indeed interfere in the election. The Mueller report left no doubt of that. Because Mueller is a strict constitutionalist he left it to Congress to deliberate on Trumps possible fates to impeach (which I am not in favor) or face criminal charges after leaving office.

And then there is this most recent study from just today ….

New study shows Russian propaganda may really have helped Trump

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump and his allies have long insisted that Russian's 2016 propaganda campaign on social media had no impact on the presidential election. A new statistical analysis says it may well have.

The study, by researchers at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, does not prove that Russian interference swung the election to Trump. But it demonstrates that Trump's gains in popularity during the 2016 campaign correlated closely with high levels of social media activity by the Russian trolls and bots of the Internet Research Agency, a key weapon in the Russian attack.

"Our results show that the weeks when Russian trolls were accumulating likes and retweets on Twitter, that activity reliably foreshadowed gains for Trump in the opinion polls," wrote Damian Ruck, the study's lead researcher, in an article explaining his findings.

The study found that every 25,000 re-tweets by accounts connected to the IRA predicted a one percent increase in opinion polls for Trump. In an interview with NBC News, Ruck said the research suggests that Russian trolls helped shift U.S public opinion in Trump's favor. As to whether it affected the outcome of the election: "The answer is that we still don't know, but we can't rule it out."

Given that the election turned on 75,000 votes in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, "it is a prospect that should be taken seriously," Ruck wrote, adding that more study was needed in those swing states. He points out that 13 percent of voters didn't make their final choice until the last week before the election. Ruck said the correlation between troll activity and Trump's popularity remained true even when controlling for Trump's own Twitter activity and other variables.
"It turns out that the activity of Russian Twitter trolls was a better predictor of Donald Trump's polling numbers than his own Twitter activity," he wrote.

Ruck was among a group of researchers who won a Defense Department grant this year to study Russian disinformation campaigns in Georgia, Ukraine, and Belarus through March 2024. The researchers found to their surprise that the Russian propaganda did not drive down Democrat Hillary Clinton's popularity, even though much of it was aimed at discrediting her. One factor may have been that the target audience was mostly right-wing media consumers who already disliked Clinton.

The study noted that Trump's own policy proposals occasionally seemed to dovetail with Russian propaganda. For example, Russian propaganda exploited the December 2015 shooting in San Bernardino, California "to stoke fears about Muslim immigration," the study says. Shortly afterward, Trump announced his support of a ban on Muslims entering the United States.

The president's son-in-law and top adviser, Jared Kushner, in April derided the Russian propaganda effort as "a couple of Facebook ads." In fact, the Internet Research Agency, a troll farm led by an oligarch close to Putin, conducted "a vast, coordinated campaign that was incredibly successful at pushing out and amplifying its messages," according to cybersecurity firm Symantec, which conducted an in-depth analysts of nearly 4,000 Twitter accounts involved in what U.S. intelligence agencies assess was a Russian-government–sponsored propaganda operation designed in part to help Trump get elected president.

The IRA's disinformation campaign was described in the final report by special counsel Robert Mueller, and in his indictment of multiple Russian nationals. U.S intelligence agencies assessed that the social media manipulation was part of a Russian intelligence operation designed to undermine American democracy by exacerbating divisions, hurt Clinton and help Trump. Experts say the U.S. government and American social media companies have yet to develop a strategy to prevent such manipulation from happening again. Just last week, a different cybersecurity firm exposed an Iranian effort to manipulate U.S. social media with fake accounts.

The IRA's basic strategy, Symantec found, was to use a small core of Twitter accounts to push out new content. And they harnessed a wider pool of automated accounts to amplify those messages. "We also see that 91 percent of first retweeters of IRA tweets were non-IRA bots," the Tennessee study says, "which suggests that propaganda spread into networks of real U.S. citizens."

The Trump administration has not developed a strategy to deal with the social media propaganda that is already cropping up in connection with the 2020 election, and Trump continues to downplay the issue of foreign election interference. Last week, he sparked a furor when he seemed to joke about it during a joint appearance with Russian President Vladimir Putin, saying, in a mocking tone, "Don't meddle in the election."

NBC NEWS https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ne...paganda-may-really-have-helped-trump-n1025306

The study found that every 25,000 re-tweets by accounts connected to the IRA predicted a one percent increase in opinion polls for Trump.

That is absolutely ludicrous, absurd and totally unfounded. So would 250,000 tweets mean a 10 point jump in the polls? Of course not. That's such an embarrassing claim that it bolsters my argument that this is just more partisan pandering. There are over 500 million tweets send every single day. 25,000 is statistically insignificant and is not going to have the power to change poll data by 1%. Not possible.

Even if this was true, it had nothing to do with Trump, there's no crime, no wrong doing on his behalf and no grounds for removal or impeachment.

Could it be that maybe a rise in Trumps popularity preceded a rise it people retweeting Pro-Trump messages, which was then reflected in the polls a few days later?

As to whether it affected the outcome of the election: "The answer is that we still don't know, but we can't rule it out."

Translation: "We haven't been able to find any actual proof of the assertion that we predicated this study upon, despite our best efforts."

Trump never banned Muslims.

Experts say the U.S. government and American social media companies have yet to develop a strategy to prevent such manipulation from happening again.

American social media have zero interest in preventing election manipulation. Google, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and the rest have all been exposed as manipulative entities, working to tilt the next election in favor of which ever Democrat happens to get the nomination.

So, who has the greatest capacity to influence the next election? Russia with tweets and Facebook posts, or the companies who control the flow of information?

Let me hear how outraged you are about big-tech screwing with your elections more than Putin could ever hope too. Or do you not care?

Last edited:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Judge blocks Trump policy keeping asylum seekers locked up

A federal judge in Seattle has blocked a Trump administration policy that would keep thousands of asylum seekers locked up while they pursue their cases.

U.S. District Judge Marsha Pechman ruled Tuesday that people who are detained after entering the country to seek protection are entitled to bond hearings. Attorney General William Barr announced in April that the government would no longer offer such hearings, but instead keep them in custody. It was part of the administration's efforts to deter a surge of migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.

Immigrant rights advocates including the American Civil Liberties Union and the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project sued to block the policy, which was due to take effect July 15.

Associated Press
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/j...-seekers-locked-up/ar-AADLaRf?ocid=spartanntp

Last edited:
View attachment 19870@CentreAussie ~ Why do you keep asking if I care? It should be readily apparent to anyone with eyes to see that I very much care with the exception of you.
View attachment 19875View attachment 19876View attachment 19877View attachment 19878View attachment 19879

I'm glad you care. I was only asking in this case because at this stage of proceedings only the partisans are clinging to the "RUSSIA!!" narrative and I might be wrong (if I am, please forgive me) but I don't think I've ever seen you complain about pro-liberal interference and manipulation in any of it's forms. That includes blatant, quantifiable media bias.

All nations with a sophisticated intelligence apparatus interfere in foreign elections, that's a fact. It's been a fact for at least a century to my knowledge, probably longer. Russia does it, Australia does it, the UK does it and the USA does it.

But no espionage agency on the planet has the power to manipulate democracy like big-tech can. And as far as I can tell, no one who is screeching "RUSSIA!!!", be they in the media, government or even here, gives a damn about it. I wonder what the reason for that is.

And happy Independence Day, to you and all of my American friends. Enjoy your day and be proud of your nation, the second best country on Earth.... (I kid, I kid...)

Last edited:
1562435538958.png
Donald J. Trump
Snake Oil Sales

Donald Trump, the guy that consistently points out how fat certain women are is himself now in ... "What a fat ass!" territory. I can count at least four chins as well as a couple side pouches for good measure.

1562437693350.png

Now that is a badunkadunk and then some!

I wonder what that makes the asshole that mocks his weight gain? I wonder if she wears Depends? Be sure to tell all of your friends about bully that wears Depends and mocks people at DD... :rolleyes:

I wonder what that makes the asshole that mocks his weight gain? I wonder if she wears Depends? Be sure to tell all of your friends about bully that wears Depends and mocks people at DD... :rolleyes:

Well BuffettGirl, I would say that makes me observent.

‘Horseface,’ ‘Lowlife,’ ‘Fat, Ugly’: How the President Demeans Women

President Trump has a history of attacking women by mocking their bodily functions, demeaning their looks or comparing them to animals.

1562470799042.png https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/us/politics/trump-women-insults.html

You can now add "horseface" to the list of insults President Donald Trump has hurled at women publicly, which also includes "fat pigs," "slobs," and "dogs," to name a few.

Trump earned some criticism on Tuesday for calling the adult-film actress Stormy Daniels "Horseface," but his history of making brusque remarks about women's appearances goes back decades to his time as owner of the Miss Universe beauty pageant.

Business Insider https://www.businessinsider.com/trumps-worst-insults-toward-women-2018-10

The point I was making is that Trump has a hell of a nerve publicly voicing women as being fat, or fat pigs and other degrading fat terms. I guess that just went over your head as you were in such a hurry to get your nasty on.

Last edited:
@Victoria - so what then, you're sprinting towards becoming what you hate? Mocking a man in his 70's that has gained weight makes you just as bad as you find him. Maybe worse. That's not observant, that's just shallow and petty. A bully is a bully, President or commenter. Yay you? The thread is about politics. Not your personal hate-fest.

@Victoria - so what then, you're sprinting towards becoming what you hate? Mocking a man in his 70's that has gained weight makes you just as bad as you find him. Maybe worse. That's not observant, that's just shallow and petty. A bully is a bully, President or commenter. Yay you? The thread is about politics. Not your personal hate-fest.

I repeat: The point I was making is that Trump has a hell of a nerve publicly voicing women as being fat, or fat pigs and other degrading fat terms. I guess that just went over your head as you were in such a hurry to get your nasty on.

So you "getting your nasty on" is OK? What goes sailing over your head is that you are NO BETTER. Your lame point is "he has no right, but I do!" You're kvetching about nonsense on your way to being the person you hate. Are you perfect? Is your weight where it's supposed to be? If not, you surely are a massive hypocrite aren't you? The one being nasty is you, not me. I'm just holding up the mirror.

And I too responded civilly. You presume "nastiness". Not I. You posted a hit piece based on your feels. Not in reference to anything recent or political, but because you wanted to be ugly. Period. I merely pointed out that you are becoming the thing you hate with your senseless pettiness. Sorry if the truth hurts. I'm just fine here holding the mirror, seems you need time for a deeper look. But truly, I appreciate the suggestion...

… giggle … giggle … giggle

Are you serious BuffettGirl? You began by inferring that I was an asshole.
And that makes me nasty? I said "And I responded civilly." I didn't say I started out civilly. Even in inferring that you're an asshole, by not naming anyone, I was being civil. You accused me of being nasty, when I wasn't being nasty in the least. I think we're just about even.

Laugh away. It won't mitigate your abject pettiness.

Trump defends environmental record that critics call disastrous

President Trump delivered a full-throated defense of his administration’s environmental record Monday, despite relaxing nationwide limits on air and water pollution and reversing course on U.S. climate policy.

The Washington Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...cs-call-disastrous/ar-AAE2a7o?ocid=spartanntp

With new law, Trump's state tax returns could go to Congress

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — President Donald Trump's New York state tax returns could be given to Congress under a new law in his home state that the Democratic governor signed Monday.

The measure signed by Gov. Andrew Cuomo directs state tax officials to share state returns of certain elected and appointed officials upon written request from the chairpersons of one of three committees: House Ways and Means, Senate Finance or Joint Committee on Taxation.

Designed to give Congress a way around the Republican president's refusal to release his returns, the new law is expected to face legal challenges. And it's unclear whether Congress will request access to Trump's state returns, which tax experts say would include many of the same details as his federal return.

"No one person — no matter what office they might hold — is above the law," said Sen. Brad Hoylman, a Manhattan Democrat and the Senate sponsor of the legislation.
... article continues

Associated Press https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...uld-go-to-congress/ar-AAE1TwW?ocid=spartanntp

Why the Trump White House Is Caught Up in the Jeffrey Epstein Scandal

What is the connection to the Trump administration?

Mr. Acosta, whom Mr. Trump nominated as labor secretary in 2017, has faced intense scrutiny for his role in Mr. Epstein’s deal to avoid prosecution, which has been widely criticized as shockingly lenient.

A series of investigative stories by The Herald last year revealed that Mr. Acosta was personally involved in the negotiations. He met privately with one of Mr. Epstein’s lawyers, who was also one of Mr. Acosta’s former colleagues.

In subsequent weeks, prosecutors from Mr. Acosta’s office gave Mr. Epstein’s lawyers an unusual amount of control over the terms of the plea deal, The Herald reported.

“Thank you for the commitment you made to me,’’ Mr. Epstein’s lawyer wrote in a letter to Mr. Acosta after their meeting, noting that Mr. Acosta had assured him that he would not contact “any of the identified individuals, potential witnesses or potential civil claimants,” The Herald reported.

Mr. Acosta’s office also agreed to help shield the deal from public scrutiny, according to The Herald. The case’s lead prosecutor, A. Marie Villafaña, wrote to Mr. Epstein’s lawyer at one point: “I can file the charge in district court in Miami which will hopefully cut the press coverage significantly. Do you want to check that out?”

During Mr. Acosta’s Senate confirmation hearing, he defended the deal by noting that Mr. Epstein had been required to register as a sex offender. He also said in 2011 that the plea deal’s results were “better” than risking a trial, which he said had “a reduced likelihood of success.”

The former White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, said months ago that the administration was looking into the information about Mr. Acosta detailed by The Herald, although he has remained in his job.

The New York Times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ey-epstein-scandal/ar-AADZkEi?ocid=spartanntp

Congressional Democrats subpoena Trump organization

Congressional Democrats have issued subpoenas to the Trump Organization and other Trump businesses tied to a lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump of profiting from foreign governments in violation of the Constitution, but the Justice Department is now asking an appeals court to step in and block the move.

Democrats sent more than three-dozen subpoenas, demanding a response by July 29, seeking to collect evidence about the President's financial records, after a federal judge ruled last month that Democrats could proceed with the legal discovery process in their lawsuit.

But the Justice Department, defending Trump in his presidential capacity, has requested that an appeals court Monday overrule the lower court's decision and prevent the subpoenas from going forward. If the Democratic members of Congress collected evidence in the emoluments lawsuit, DOJ wrote, Trump "is likely to suffer irreparable injury" because of "intrusive discovery into his personal finances based on the public office he holds."

The escalating court fight represents a new front in Democrats' quest to obtain the President's financial records, a battle that's now playing out across multiple congressional committees and judicial jurisdictions.

The new subpoenas come from the Constitutional Accountability Center, which is representing a group of House and Senate Democrats led by Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut and House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler of New York, who are alleging Trump is violating the emoluments clause of the Constitution.

The judge overseeing the suit, Emmet Sullivan of the US District Court in Washington, gave the Democrats permission to subpoena the documents and take depositions beginning June 28.

CNN

Last edited:
1562634125158.png

Trump Posts Fake Ronald Reagan Quote Predicting a Trump Presidency

President Trump shared a statement on Twitter falsely attributed to former President Ronald Reagan.

Trump tweeted the quote on Monday morning from an account purporting to represent the Reagan Battalion — a conservative news site. Only, the account was phony (it has seven followers) and so too was the quote it tweeted on Feb. 20, 2017 — superimposed over a picture of Trump and Reagan shaking hands.

“For the life of me, and I’ll never know how to explain it, when I met that young man, I felt like I was the one shaking hands with the president,” Reagan allegedly said.

Trump saw fit to pry up this two-year-old tweet from an inauthentic account and share it with his followers.

“Cute!” Trump wrote.

But according to the fact-checking outlet Politifact, Reagan never made that comment. Joanne Drake, chief administrative officer of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute, told Politifact that while the photo of the handshake is authentic, the comments are not.

“He did not ever say that about Donald Trump,” Drake told Politifact.

Last edited:
Back