• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
On Donald J. Trump spilling the beans ...

Joe Biden
"President Trump is once again welcoming foreign interference in our elections. This isn't about politics. It is a threat to our national security. An American President should not seek their aid and abet those who seek to undermine democracy."

Bernie Sanders
"Well, Anderson, to tell you the truth, I'm not exactly shocked. I think we have a president who neither understand the constitution of the United States or respects the constitution. Somebody who doesn't believe in the separation of powers.and somebody who thinks he's above the law."

Elizabeth Warren
"The #MuellerReport made it clear: A foreign government attacked our 2016 elections to support Trump, Trump welcomed that help, and Trump obstructed the investigation. Now, he said he'd do it all over again. It's time to impeach Donald Trump."

Kamala Harris
"He's the commander in chief and has a duty and a responsibility to the American people to be a defender if not the greatest defender of our democracy. But to quite the contrary, what we hear tonight is that he is yet again open to the idea of working with foreign governments to undermine the integrity of our election system. It's outrageous."

Beto O'Rourke
"When the President of the United States openly welcomes foreign help to win an election, he threatens the very core of our democracy. If we are to secure justice and ensure this never happens again, we must impeach him."

Amy Klobuchar
"This is inexcusable. The President of the United States just effectively gave permission to foreign agents to interfere in our elections. We need my Secure Elections Act and Honest Ads Act passed immediately. The 2020 elections are not secure. Disgraceful."

Cory Booker
"It's not 'oppo research' — it's foreign interference in US elections. That you would say this is disgraceful. That you would do it from the Oval Office (yet again) proves you're unfit for the office you hold."

Michael Benet
"My reaction is that this is weak and pathetic. This is what he has been doing since the beginning of his presidency even before he was president He said wikileaks if you're out there, send me the stuff. He said Russia, if you're out there, send me the stuff.

"Now he's actually president of the United States, and he's effectively inviting foreign interference into our election. He has never held Putin responsible for what Putin did. And he stood next to Putin and said I take his word for it.

"Every single Western democracy is under attack from Russia, and the President of the United States needs to be someone who stands up not just for America but for our allies as well, and he's failed that test again."
Post automatically merged:

Annoyed White House press corps vented before Sarah Sanders exit announced

President Trump's surprise Thursday announcement that Sarah Sanders is stepping down as his press secretary followed a pair of stern rebukes by members of the White House press corps.

In pitches to the group's voting membership, two candidates competing to become the next president of the White House Correspondents' Association accused the Trump administration of consistently spreading lies and the president of unfairly attacking the media.

"We as an organization need to be more concerned about getting lied to as a matter of course - and the American public getting lied to, through us - than about access," HuffPost correspondent S.V. Dáte wrote in an email, the Washington Post reported Wednesday.

"I've been in this business more than three decades, and what's happening now is unprecedented. We are attacked on a near daily basis using Stalinist language," he added. "We are called corrupt and dishonest. We are given false information from staff who often know full well that it is false."

CBS News Radio's Steven Portnoy cast the White House press shop as one that ignored several controversial issues by refusing to hold a formal press conference for more than 90 days. "As the president continues to call news organizations 'corrupt,' these are just some of the issues he has ducked by not having his aides appear regularly before the press corps," Portnoy said.

… article continues

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ers-exit-announced/ar-AACQkQU?ocid=spartanntp

3 things Sarah Sanders will be remembered for

1. The end of the daily press briefing

The main job of the White House press secretary has for years been briefing reporters every day the president doesn’t hold any kind of media availability. This allows for reporters covering the White House to at least have a chance at someone responding on timely issues.

But Sanders has all but scrapped the briefing. After a slow but steady scaling back of the number of briefings in 2018, they have been virtually nonexistent in 2019. The last one she held was more than three months ago — March 11 — and it didn’t even last 15 minutes.

The lack of briefings is even more remarkable when you consider how little the White House press office performs the other main part of its traditional responsibilities: to work with reporters as they write their stories, and to beat back unhelpful ones. Often, this White House doesn’t even try to explain the administration’s actions when reporters come calling.

2. False statements — including in the Mueller report

Sanders’s name will forever be etched into history as the White House press secretary who admitted to investigators that she made false statements to the country. According to the Mueller report, she conceded to special counsel investigators that her statements after Trump’s firing of James B. Comey as FBI director were essentially made up.

The report says “she also recalled that her statement in a separate press interview that rank-and-file FBI agents had lost confidence in Comey was a comment she made ‘in the heat of the moment’ that was not founded on anything.”

Of course, this is hardly the only time we know she made something up or offered a false denial. She said Trump never encouraged or promoted violence, when he did; she said multiple news outlets had reported that Barack Obama ordered wiretaps of Trump using a shoddy foreign report; and she on multiple occasions denied allegations about Trump’s hush-money payments that turned out not to be true. Explaining the last one, she said, “We give the very best information that we have at the time.”

Okay, but you speak for the president. He needs to trust you enough to tell you the truth and have you spin it for him. Even as Sanders is supposedly a trusted adviser, she often didn’t seem to actually know how to speak for Trump.

3. The White House correspondents’ dinner shake-up

If Sanders ended the daily press briefing, she might have also played a role in ending the press corps dinner as we knew it: an annual comedic roasting of the current administration. After comedian Michelle Wolf took on Sanders in very personal terms in 2018 — alluding to her makeup and comparing her to a gruff softball coach — some reporters argued the bit went too far. White House critics, in turn, complained that the reporters were being too cozy with the White House.

The result was that the White House Correspondents’ Association scrapped the comedy portion of the dinner. With most of the jokes being told by left-leaning comedians, it was decided that it wasn’t a good look. And that might have been for the best.

The Washington Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-be-remembered-for/ar-AACQkwX?ocid=spartanntp

Last edited:
Yesterday in my local comment sections, all the dummies were touting Sarah as being the best speaker we've ever had and how she'll be very missed. I just read that shit and my mind is just blown on the level of corruption they will swallow in order to feel as if they are winning.

You are not winning. The country is not winning. We are lesser now, our constitution, our patriotism, our honor (the little we have) is ashes. America has fallen.

On Donald J. Trump spilling the beans ...

Joe Biden
"President Trump is once again welcoming foreign interference in our elections. This isn't about politics. It is a threat to our national security. An American President should not seek their aid and abet those who seek to undermine democracy."

Bernie Sanders
"Well, Anderson, to tell you the truth, I'm not exactly shocked. I think we have a president who neither understand the constitution of the United States or respects the constitution. Somebody who doesn't believe in the separation of powers.and somebody who thinks he's above the law."

Elizabeth Warren
"The #MuellerReport made it clear: A foreign government attacked our 2016 elections to support Trump, Trump welcomed that help, and Trump obstructed the investigation. Now, he said he'd do it all over again. It's time to impeach Donald Trump."

Kamala Harris
"He's the commander in chief and has a duty and a responsibility to the American people to be a defender if not the greatest defender of our democracy. But to quite the contrary, what we hear tonight is that he is yet again open to the idea of working with foreign governments to undermine the integrity of our election system. It's outrageous."

Beto O'Rourke
"When the President of the United States openly welcomes foreign help to win an election, he threatens the very core of our democracy. If we are to secure justice and ensure this never happens again, we must impeach him."

Amy Klobuchar
"This is inexcusable. The President of the United States just effectively gave permission to foreign agents to interfere in our elections. We need my Secure Elections Act and Honest Ads Act passed immediately. The 2020 elections are not secure. Disgraceful."

Cory Booker
"It's not 'oppo research' — it's foreign interference in US elections. That you would say this is disgraceful. That you would do it from the Oval Office (yet again) proves you're unfit for the office you hold."

Michael Benet
"My reaction is that this is weak and pathetic. This is what he has been doing since the beginning of his presidency even before he was president He said wikileaks if you're out there, send me the stuff. He said Russia, if you're out there, send me the stuff.

"Now he's actually president of the United States, and he's effectively inviting foreign interference into our election. He has never held Putin responsible for what Putin did. And he stood next to Putin and said I take his word for it.

"Every single Western democracy is under attack from Russia, and the President of the United States needs to be someone who stands up not just for America but for our allies as well, and he's failed that test again."

Annoyed White House press corps vented before Sarah Sanders exit announced

President Trump's surprise Thursday announcement that Sarah Sanders is stepping down as his press secretary followed a pair of stern rebukes by members of the White House press corps.

In pitches to the group's voting membership, two candidates competing to become the next president of the White House Correspondents' Association accused the Trump administration of consistently spreading lies and the president of unfairly attacking the media.

"We as an organization need to be more concerned about getting lied to as a matter of course - and the American public getting lied to, through us - than about access," HuffPost correspondent S.V. Dáte wrote in an email, the Washington Post reported Wednesday.

"I've been in this business more than three decades, and what's happening now is unprecedented. We are attacked on a near daily basis using Stalinist language," he added. "We are called corrupt and dishonest. We are given false information from staff who often know full well that it is false."

CBS News Radio's Steven Portnoy cast the White House press shop as one that ignored several controversial issues by refusing to hold a formal press conference for more than 90 days. "As the president continues to call news organizations 'corrupt,' these are just some of the issues he has ducked by not having his aides appear regularly before the press corps," Portnoy said.

… article continues

View attachment 18945 https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ers-exit-announced/ar-AACQkQU?ocid=spartanntp

3 things Sarah Sanders will be remembered for

1. The end of the daily press briefing

The main job of the White House press secretary has for years been briefing reporters every day the president doesn’t hold any kind of media availability. This allows for reporters covering the White House to at least have a chance at someone responding on timely issues.

But Sanders has all but scrapped the briefing. After a slow but steady scaling back of the number of briefings in 2018, they have been virtually nonexistent in 2019. The last one she held was more than three months ago — March 11 — and it didn’t even last 15 minutes.

The lack of briefings is even more remarkable when you consider how little the White House press office performs the other main part of its traditional responsibilities: to work with reporters as they write their stories, and to beat back unhelpful ones. Often, this White House doesn’t even try to explain the administration’s actions when reporters come calling.

2. False statements — including in the Mueller report

Sanders’s name will forever be etched into history as the White House press secretary who admitted to investigators that she made false statements to the country. According to the Mueller report, she conceded to special counsel investigators that her statements after Trump’s firing of James B. Comey as FBI director were essentially made up.

The report says “she also recalled that her statement in a separate press interview that rank-and-file FBI agents had lost confidence in Comey was a comment she made ‘in the heat of the moment’ that was not founded on anything.”

Of course, this is hardly the only time we know she made something up or offered a false denial. She said Trump never encouraged or promoted violence, when he did; she said multiple news outlets had reported that Barack Obama ordered wiretaps of Trump using a shoddy foreign report; and she on multiple occasions denied allegations about Trump’s hush-money payments that turned out not to be true. Explaining the last one, she said, “We give the very best information that we have at the time.”

Okay, but you speak for the president. He needs to trust you enough to tell you the truth and have you spin it for him. Even as Sanders is supposedly a trusted adviser, she often didn’t seem to actually know how to speak for Trump.

3. The White House correspondents’ dinner shake-up

If Sanders ended the daily press briefing, she might have also played a role in ending the press corps dinner as we knew it: an annual comedic roasting of the current administration. After comedian Michelle Wolf took on Sanders in very personal terms in 2018 — alluding to her makeup and comparing her to a gruff softball coach — some reporters argued the bit went too far. White House critics, in turn, complained that the reporters were being too cozy with the White House.

The result was that the White House Correspondents’ Association scrapped the comedy portion of the dinner. With most of the jokes being told by left-leaning comedians, it was decided that it wasn’t a good look. And that might have been for the best.

The Washington Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-be-remembered-for/ar-AACQkwX?ocid=spartanntp

I truly do not understand how anyone reading this could still support him. He has literally invited anyone to basically show how easily our country can be taken down. And he WELCOMES IT. It's called TREASON and the punishment is death. This is mind boggling. I know people supported him in the beginning, but come on guys, you HAVE to have changed your minds. Please tell us you have!!

And while I'm happy as hell that SHS is no longer going to paid for doing nothing, we'll just get another idiot liar in there.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't, they pretty much stopped doing press briefings all together. I mean, what's the point? They are just going to stand up there and lie and look like fools. Even hatchet face sanders couldn't take the heat anymore.

Well, granted, anyone who supported trump to begin with was a willfully ignorant shit bag but now? After all they've seen and heard with their own idiotic eyes and ears and still refuse to come to reality? It's pathetic. If shame was an emotion they were capable of feeling in their shriveled souls, they would be eat up with it.

Alas, hysterical blindness helps em' sleep at night, it seems.

It truly is wilful at this point. It's like they're going to actually die or something if they finally admit he's bat shit evil insane. And stupid. And has no idea what he's doing. I'm to the point that I don't even really care anymore. They did this. It's their fault, let them reap what they've sown.

It's just too bad it's left to us to fix it all now.

Well fuck, since dumb shit has basically invited every corrupt foreign power on the planet to come for our elections? There may be nothing left to fix.

I have adopted a rather apathetic view of it. Well, for now. Until we find ourselves in the Hunger Games.

DNC literally pays foreigners including Russians for (false) op research on Trump.
Lefties - ........crickets.....

Trump says he'd read hypothetical op research from foreigners if it were given to him.
Lefties - "Oh noes!!! We're becoming NAZI Germany!! Treason!!!"

You're a bunch of hypocrites and you're too dumb to realize it, or too dishonest to admit it.

Last edited:
Feb 20th, 2019
Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality

The Trump administration is launching a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay, U.S. officials tell NBC News, a bid aimed in part at denouncing Iran over its human rights record.

U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

“It is concerning that, in the 21st century, some 70 countries continue to have laws that criminalize LGBTI status or conduct,” said a U.S. official involved in organizing the event.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...ort-end-criminalization-homosexuality-n973081

June 11th, 2019
A Win for Gay Rights in Botswana Is a ‘Step Against the Current’ in Africa

In a momentous case that prompted celebration among gay people and civil rights activists around the continent of Africa, Botswana’s High Court overturned laws on Tuesday that criminalized homosexuality.

Yet the ruling was delivered only weeks after the High Court of Kenya upheld laws that criminalize gay sex, underscoring the wide differences in how L.B.G.T. people are treated across Africa, where views have been shaped by religion, diverse governments and colonial history.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/world/africa/botswana-gay-homosexuality.html

Last edited:
Trump Campaign to Purge Pollsters After Leak of Dismal Results

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s campaign has decided to purge some of its pollsters after a leak of dismal internal polls for the president that he denied existed.

Just two days before the president is set to kick off his bid for re-election, a top adviser said on Sunday that the campaign was cutting ties with three of its five pollsters to prevent further disclosure of survey data.

The polling showed Mr. Trump behind former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. in several key battleground states, including by double digits in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. The results were confirmed to The New York Times by advisers to Mr. Trump, but when they became public, he called them “fake polls.”

For days, aides to Mr. Trump have tried to figure out whom to point the finger at over the leak of the data, which jolted and infuriated the president. But in continuing to discuss it, aides violated a long-held unofficial rule of campaigns not to comment publicly on internal polling, even if the numbers leak.

The resulting furor led to an effort by the campaign manager, Brad Parscale, to tighten control. By removing several pollsters, the campaign hopes to shrink the circle of outside operatives who have access to information that could leak, according to the presidential adviser, who was not authorized to speak publicly.

The rupture of the team came even as the president and his advisers were preparing for a large and elaborate rally in Orlando, Fla., on Tuesday night to formally open his campaign for a second term. Mr. Trump was hoping for a show of strength as Democrats had drawn increasing attention before their first debates on June 26 and 27.

… article continues
The New York Times

Fox News Poll: Democrats want a steady leader, Biden leads Trump by 10 points

Former Vice President Joe Biden is still, by far, the leader in the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination race. His lead reflects the mood of the party, as Democratic primary voters want someone who will unite Americans, provide steady leadership, and who has high ethical standards. In addition, while Democrats best President Trump in hypothetical matchups and keep his support at 41 percent or lower, none of the challengers hits 50 percent.

These are some of the findings from the latest Fox News Poll.

Biden tops the list of Democratic contenders with 32 percent support among primary voters. Bernie Sanders trails at 13 percent, Elizabeth Warren at 9 percent, and Pete Buttigieg and Kamala Harris both at 8 percent. Next is Beto O’Rourke at 4 percent, Cory Booker at 3 percent, and Amy Klobuchar and Andrew Yang each garner 2 percent. Julian Castro, John Delaney, Tulsi Gabbard, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Tim Ryan receive 1 percent a piece.

… article contiues

FOX News

Trump Wants to Neutralize Democrats on Health Care. Republicans Say Let It Go.

WASHINGTON — As President Trump prepares to kick off his bid for a second term this week, he is anxiously searching for a way to counter Democrats on health care, one of their central issues, even though many of his wary Republican allies would prefer he let it go for now.

Since he announced his previous run four years ago, Mr. Trump has promised to replace President Barack Obama’s health care law with “something terrific” that costs less and covers more without ever actually producing such a plan.

Now he is vowing to issue the plan within a month or two, reviving a campaign promise with broad consequences for next year’s contest. If he follows through, it could help shape a presidential race that Democrats would like to focus largely on health care.

… article continues

The New York Times

Last edited:
The facts
ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos embedded with President Donald Trump for a wide-ranging exclusive interview over the course of two days last week, generating a bevy of newsy headlines. - ABC News
Trump told Stephanopoulos in an interview segment published Wednesday that if foreign agents were to offer dirt on an opponent in 2020, he would likely accept it and not report it to the FBI. - Politico
Trump said he will be rolling out a 'phenomenal' new healthcare plan within two months and says healthcare will be a primary focus leading up to his 2020 election campaign. - Business Insider

Trump says he’d listen to foreign intelligence on political opponents
This was the biggest headline of them all. After Trump told Stephanopoulos that he may not alert the FBI if foreign governments offered damaging information against his 2020 rivals during the upcoming presidential race, the president faced a wave of criticism from Republicans and Democrats.

Trump disputed the idea that if a foreign government provided information on a political opponent, it would be considered interference in our election process.

This is Red, White and Trump ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:
Trump hits polling on Fox News: 'Something weird going on at Fox' President Trump on Monday dismissed a new poll from Fox News that showed him losing to multiple 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, saying "something weird" is happening at the network favored by conservatives.

19047 Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
.@FoxNews Polls are always bad for me. They were against Crooked Hillary also. Something weird going on at Fox. Our polls show us leading in all 17 Swing States. For the record, I didn’t spend 30 hours with @abcnews, but rather a tiny fraction of that. More Fake News @BretBaier. 7:49 PM - Jun 17, 2019

Fox News on Sunday released a new poll that showed Trump trailing five Democratic presidential contenders in hypothetical 2020 matchups. The survey showed former Vice President Joe Biden was leading Trump by 10 points.

It also showed Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) carrying a nine-point lead in a hypothetical head-to-head. Three other Democratic candidates - Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigie - also polled ahead of Trump, albeit within the survey's margin of error.

A Quinnipiac poll released last week also showed Trump trailing a number of Democratic contenders, including Biden by 13 points.

Trump has repeatedly downplayed recent polling of his 2020 election prospects in the last week. The president tweeted earlier Monday that "only fake polls" showed him behind 2020 Democrats, referring to them as a "Motley Crew."

… article continues

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...rd-going-on-at-fox/ar-AAD2Pdb?ocid=spartanntp

About to announce his bid for 2nd term (while saying out the side of his stupid fucking mouth how he should be able to do more than 2 terms, god save us) and fucker starts going on about he's going to mass deport "millions" of illegals! Kinda like that massive caravan was bound straight for us and magically disappeared.

How and the fuck are you going to be a president and not have any clue how the country works? He'd cut off the legs we stand upon just to appease his moronic supporters. It's not going to happen, just like 99% of what he says but still, so fucking irritating.

DEMOCRATIC MAYOR: ‘WE ARE SICK AND TIRED’ OF GOVERNMENT INACTION ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Lozano suggested that the federal government has left border towns hanging out to dry as they try to cope with the influx of illegal immigrants who apparently cross the border, are temporarily detained and then released. He said it’s easy to ignore the situation when politicians are isolated in Washington.

“They need to see firsthand what’s going on. They need to understand the frustrations that the commissioners, or that the city council, the school board, the hospital officials are managing [and] having to deal with,” Lozano said, according to Fox’s account of the meeting between the mayor and Cornyn’s staffers.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/18/democratic-mayor-government-illegal-immigration/

Bernie Sanders let's 'er rip

Sanders tears into Trump in response to campaign kickoff rally

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) leveled a forceful attack on President Trump on Tuesday, accusing the real estate mogul of seeking to secure his own reelection by playing to the country's racial, economic and political divisions.

Sanders's remarks came minutes after Trump formally launched his 2020 reelection bid at a campaign rally in Orlando, Fla. In a live-streamed response to that rally, Sanders cast himself as the antithesis of Trump, and pleaded with voters to deny the president a second term in the White House.

"We have a president who is a racist, who is a sexist, who is a homophone, who is a xenophobe and he is a religious bigot," Sanders said. "His strategy to win reelection is to divide people up."

… article continues
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is illegal for foreign nationals to buy tickets from the committees that host the official parties and other events around United States presidential inaugurations, a ban intended to limit international influence in American politics and government.

A Foreigner Paid $200,000 for Tickets to Trump’s Inaugural. Now He Says He Was Duped.

WASHINGTON — A Ukrainian-Russian developer who wanted access to President Trump’s inauguration filed a lawsuit on Tuesday saying he was bilked out of the $200,000 he paid for what he thought would be V.I.P. tickets to the event.

The developer, Pavel Fuks, who once discussed a Moscow real estate project with Mr. Trump, said in the lawsuit, filed in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, that he had paid the money to a firm at the direction of Yuri Vanetik, a prominent Republican fund-raiser and sometime lobbyist. But, the lawsuit said, Mr. Vanetik failed to come through with the promised tickets, and Mr. Fuks ended up watching the inauguration from a Washington hotel bar.

The lawsuit sheds new light on efforts to accommodate foreign politicians and business executives who sought to attend Mr. Trump’s inauguration to press their agendas, curry favor or make influential connections with the incoming administration.

It is illegal for foreign nationals to buy tickets from the committees that host the official parties and other events around United States presidential inaugurations, a ban intended to limit international influence in American politics and government. Foreigners have long flocked to inaugurations as guests of American donors, which is permitted.

But federal prosecutors are investigating whether foreigners illegally funneled money to Mr. Trump’s inaugural committee and a pro-Trump super PAC to try to influence Mr. Trump’s team. And a Washington lobbyist, in a guilty plea for violating foreign lobbying laws, admitted to helping a Russia-aligned Ukrainian oligarch illegally purchase four tickets to Mr. Trump’s inauguration.

… article continues
The New York Times
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-says-he-was-duped/ar-AAD4DEg?ocid=spartanntp

Last edited:
Back