• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Trump steps out of the White House and into a company in crisis

1611290121736.png

See ya. Wouldn't want to be ya!!

Donald Trump returns to his company this week as it faces a deepening crisis, with key properties bleeding revenue and its bankers, lawyers and customers fleeing the company.

Financial disclosure forms, filed by the former president as he left office, revealed that his hotels, resorts and other properties had lost more than $120 million in revenue last year, as the pandemic forced long-term closures and kept customers home.

Those losses were worst in the places where Trump could least afford it: His Washington hotel, which has a $170 million loan outstanding, saw revenue drop more than 60 percent. His Doral resort in Miami — also carrying a huge debt load — saw a 44 percent drop.

On Thursday, the company’s troubles grew: One of its banks and one of its law firms said they would cut their ties with the Trump Organization.

They are the latest in a string of vendors and customers who severed their relationships with the company after Jan. 6, when a mob of Trump supporters, egged on by the president, attacked the U.S. Capitol. directly after he addressed them at a rally.

The picture emerging shows the inversion of Trump’s fortunes since 2015, when he entered politics promising to remake the country in the image of his growing, swaggering business.

Now, Trump returns to a business remade in the image of the country he led: beleaguered, indebted and toxically politicized.

“He faces some very serious problems that have been building in recent years and I think are going to come to a head now that he’s left office,” said Bert Ely, a banking consultant who has testified before Congress on financial matters.

... article continues

1611284463988.png
Trump steps out of the White House and into a company in crisis

Last edited:
1611376717224.png

Shocking New NYT Trump Report: An Attempted 'Department of Justice Coup'

MSNBC’s Chris Hayes could not help but laugh out loud in astonishment Friday as New York Times reporter Katie Benner detailed her shocking new report about another attempt from former President Donald Trump to get the results of the election overturned.

Benner reported Friday night that Trump indeed tried to pressure acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen to back his conspiratorial, baseless claims of a stolen election, including this rather stunning detail about how Jeffrey Clark — the lawyer Trump considered replacing Rosen with — wanted to pressure the state of Georgia:

He drafted a letter that he wanted Mr. Rosen to send to Georgia state legislators that wrongly said that the Justice Department was investigating accusations of voter fraud in their state, and that they should move to void Mr. Biden’s win there.
Benner broke down “this crisis within the Justice Department” when someone in a high position at DOJ was working with the president on this insane conspiracy that was rejected by judges over and over and over and over and over.

Even Bill Barr said the DOJ saw no evidence of massive voter fraud.

An astonished Hayes asked Benner about this wild plan to “ride into Georgia with the DOJ to, like, write some letter on DOJ letterhead to say, you, Georgia, must overturn your results.”

“First Mr. Clark asked Mr. Rosen to do it as the acting attorney general,” Benner said. “When that didn’t work, he had a conversation with Mr. Trump in which he came away from that conversation thinking that Trump would replace Rosen with himself and then he offered Mr. Rosen the opportunity to remain at the department as his deputy.”

Hayes literally burst out laughing at this insanity and said, “He hatches a Department of Justice coup with the president and offers him… ‘The boss is going to make me the head of the Department of Justice and the Acting AG so we can pull off this coup. You can stick around as my deputy, but this is what’s going to happen.'”

... article continues

1611376335067.png
Chris Hayes Laughs in Astonishment at Shocking New NYT Trump Report: An Attempted ‘Department of Justice Coup’ (msn.com)

1611375161670.png
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...to-criminal-charges/vi-BB1cZZFp?ocid=msedgntp

Last edited:
he had a conversation with Mr. Trump in which he came away from that conversation thinking that Trump would replace Rosen with himself and then he offered Mr. Rosen the opportunity to remain at the department as his deputy.”

I wonder if this resembles how things sometimes work in big business. I have no info either way, just wondering.

Senators who backed Trump's election challenge may rethink their stance on impeachment after losing corporate funding, experts say

The mass exodus of corporate backing could affect how senators vote on Trump's impeachment trial, experts say.

Dozens of companies have pulled funding from the GOP lawmakers who voted against Biden's certification.

CEOs say they increasingly have no choice but to bring politics into the boardroom.
Moral convictions may not be the only reason that GOP lawmakers are turning their back on former President Donald Trump.

Lawmakers who voted against certifying Joe Biden as president may also be rethinking their stance after losing corporate funding, experts told Insider.

After Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol in a desperate bid to overturn the presidential election results, which turned into a violent insurrection leaving five people dead, businesses have been quick to cut ties with Trump and the lawmakers who backed his baseless claims of election fraud.

Walmart, Amazon, and Morgan Stanley are among the companies that have cut off political funding to the 147 GOP lawmakers who voted against certifying Joe Biden as president. Hallmark went a step further, and asked Republican Senators Josh Hawley and Roger Marshall, who both voted against Biden's certification, to refund its political donations.

This mass exodus of corporate backing could have an effect on politicians' actions, experts
told insider.

... article continues

1611472521142.png Senators who backed Trump's election challenge may rethink their stance on impeachment after losing corporate funding, experts say (msn.com)

Senators who backed Trump's election challenge may rethink their stance on impeachment after losing corporate funding, experts say
This is exactly the kind of article cut-and-paste that I've not liked as of lately. It makes me feel like ignore-listing the poster. It does not bother me on the news articles, but it bothers me on the opinion articles, which this is.

In most cases it comes off to me as uncreative and lazy to post nothing more than a quote from someone else's opinion piece. The exception is when someone is showing the opinion piece because they disagree with it and want to debate against, that is different. Posting not to debate against, but to generate agreement, where the poster makes no paraphrase or expansion or injection of their own perspectives, comes off as lazy and strictly evangelical or someshit.

Last edited:
Joe Biden having a temper and verbally attacking people is apparently not new. It is not just an old-age-rotten-brain thing. He's a historical video where you see him repeatedly insult a journalist. And listen to the tone of his voice and the way he keeps banging his right hand around in a general finger-pointing pose.

And what he says is not even that great, it looks like he's building himself up and according to knowledge known now, may have even been lying during these verbal attacks. Facts check the phrase "joseph biden 3 degrees" in your search engine; the consensus seems to be that these were lies he was telling at the time.

As I watch the video, I can't escape the impression that in his political career he has not so much been a leader, but an attacker. Those things are not the same.

Last edited:
Nancy Pelosi: "The ENEMY is WITHIN" the House of Representatives

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that House members can pay for additional security measures with their congressional allowances, and said the House would likely need to pass additional funding for member safety because "the enemy is within the House of Representatives."

"It shouldn't be that not only is the president of the United States inciting an insurrection, but keeps fanning the flame endangering the security of members of Congress, to the point that they're even concerned about members in the House of Representatives being a danger to them," she said.

Asked what she meant by "the enemy is within," the California Democrat said, "It means that we have members of Congress who want to bring guns on the floor and have threatened violence on other members of Congress."

Some Republican representatives, including Andy Harris of Maryland and Lauren Boebert of Colorado, have reportedly expressed a desire or attempted to bring guns to the floor of the House chamber, where they are prohibited. Pelosi ordered the installation of magnetometers outside the House chamber in the wake of the January 6 assault and pledged to institute thousands of dollars in fines for members who refused to abide by the screening.

Another Republican member, Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, posted a speech to Facebook in February 2019 where she said Pelosi, "is guilty of treason ... a crime punishable by death."

Earlier in her press conference, the speaker questioned the decision by Republican leadership to give Greene a seat on the House Education and Labor Committee in light of Greene's previous assertion that school shootings were "false-flag" operations.

"What could they be thinking — or is thinking too generous a word about what they might be doing? It's absolutely appalling," Pelosi said.

... article continues

1611867651181.png Nancy Pelosi: "The enemy is within" the House of Representatives

Exclusive: Georgia Election Board to Seek AG Probe of Trump

The lone Democrat on Georgia’s state election board plans to introduce a motion next month urging state attorney general Chris Carr to open a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the state's 2020 election results.

The plan by David Worley has not been previously reported. The proposal follows other calls for an investigation into a phone call Trump made to pressure Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to overturn the election results based on false voter fraud claims.

The motion, which Worley plans to present on Feb. 10, would also urge a criminal probe by Fulton County district attorney Fani Willis, a Democrat who has said she would “enforce the law” in relation to Trump’s call.

Jeff DiSantis, a spokesman for Willis, declined to comment on the possibility of a criminal probe. The attorney general’s office declined to comment on whether it would investigate but said the election board has the authority to report violations to the AG for prosecution.

In the Jan. 2 phone call, Trump urged Raffensperger, a fellow Republican, to “find” enough votes to overturn his Georgia loss. Trump made another phone call in December to Georgia’s chief elections investigator, Raffensperger’s office said.

Legal experts and attorneys said Trump’s calls may have violated at least three state criminal laws: conspiracy to commit election fraud, criminal solicitation to commit election fraud, and intentional interference with performance of election duties. The felony and misdemeanor violations are punishable by fines or imprisonment.

Worley, an Atlanta attorney, told Reuters he was shocked by the transcript of the Jan. 2 call. “The more I read it, the more disturbing I found it,” he said, calling it an unprecedented attempt to toss out certified votes that had been audited and recounted.

The transcript quotes Trump telling Raffensperger: “All I want to do is this: I just want to find 11,780 votes," which is the number Trump needed to win.

On Jan. 6 - the day of the U.S. Capitol riots - Trump bragged about the call in a speech to supporters: “People love that conversation because it says what’s going on,” he said. “These people are crooked.”

In addition to the calls for Georgia state investigations, two Democratic members of the U.S. Congress - Kathleen Rice, of New York, and Ted Lieu, of California - asked in a Jan. 4 letter to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a criminal probe into Trump’s call to Raffensperger.

The calls for investigations are one illustration of the legal perils facing Trump since he lost the constitutional protections that shield sitting presidents from prosecution. Trump now faces nearly a dozen legal battles, including a criminal probe by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance into his business dealings and several civil lawsuits.

... article continues

1611895558010.png Exclusive: Georgia election board member to seek state AG probe of Trump

Video is 14 minutes long. Opinions please, but only if willing to watch from beginning all the way to end.

Tagging @JackBurton @McDanel as I know they do not usually listen to this particular news source. I did not use to touch this news source with a 10 foot pole myself.

Curious what impressions may be had of this, including critical ones. But if you are not critical of it then sure w/e, it is what it is.

Video is 14 minutes long. Opinions please, but only if willing to watch from beginning all the way to end.

Tagging @JackBurton @McDanel as I know they do not usually listen to this particular news source. I did not use to touch this news source with a 10 foot pole myself.

Curious what impressions may be had of this, including critical ones. But if you are not critical of it then sure w/e, it is what it is.

Sorry, cant stomach this clown for even a minute, let alone 12. Dude is so fucking fake and makes a career out of catering to ignorance.

I cant imagine anything hed rant about on his show having much, if any, actual value or validity.

I'm super laty, letuh, latelu to the party, but I wanted to make some people realize that whatever that case was, it was never about justice or pain or any real thing at all.

Christine Blasey Ford.

There was a clinical psychology experist who said to The Cut that "second door tactics" is often what makes victims of sexual assault safe.

There's obviously and literally zero research or even hypothesis which would give any credibility to this claim, other than the "forensic psychic" who said that.
Psychology was one of the few classes o didn't fail

Again, I'm not that super involved in case, but pretty sure I have heard that this "woman" said she suppressed the memories of that incident and remembered it only after some double door thingy.
The profession, psychological l term for this is "bullshit".

The woman had a dontfundme page even though the layer who represented her work pro bono. Correct me if I am wrong, but that was a criminal case, not a civil one. There were no costs other than the lawyers.

IVy League universities, where she supposedly lectured, have very much a nice than an usual person.

Just ask yourself, "cui bon".
She made Trump look even more evil than usually (ccn had literally 300 k viewers at most after Trump lost).

The craft stores' and costume stores' owners as the women started making the pussy hats.

Christine Ford has got 650 k in donations on dontfundme only.
I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone suffering any consequences for lying to the congress.

Some dumb quotes from The Cut (never heard of it, but they are the top results on Google)

Can you explain the psychological reasoning behind something like the second door, or whatever form of habitual self-protection method a survivor might practice after a traumatic event?
Everyone’s different. There are a lot of individual differences in how people respond, and the events themselves, of course, differ tremendously. But there are some commonalities in how people, men and women, respond to trauma, or stressful life events.
Making stuff up to fit the narrative.

When Ford was in high school in the 1980s, she claims that Kavanaugh covered her mouth and attempted to rape her at a party — an incident that left her dealing with PTSD and claustrophobia for the rest of her life, and which she detailed in a heartbreaking opening statement to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday.

Phobia is an irrational fear of something, acquired through conditioning. If that really happened, it would neither be irrational nor conditioned.

There are so many reasons to hate Trump, but the trash liberal media chooses to publicize the most preposterous , dumb and unfounded ones.
Things they'd call conspiracy theories if it weren't them who is saying it.

Chaos erupts on House floor after Adam Schiff censured for ‘misleading American public’ over Trump-Russia​

Bedlam broke out on the House floor Wednesday night after the lower chamber voted along party lines to censure Rep. Adam Schiff for amplifying claims that Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign colluded with Russia.

Democrats surrounded House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) after the vote, crowding near the dais and chanting “shame” and “Santos” as he attempted to read the resolution.

“I have all night,” McCarthy said as he tried to ask for Schiff to present himself so he could be censured.

McCarthy’s repeated gavel bangs did little to stop the jeering, which lasted for roughly five minutes before Democratic members allowed the House speaker to speak.

The resolution voted on Wednesday scrapped the fine and made other modifications to win over members of the House like Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky), who opposed the initial version.

Schiff has decried the censureship efforts as “false and defamatory” and accused Republicans of retaliating against him for holding Trump accountable. He also dubbed it a “badge of honor.”

Back