• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I've been watching since it started. It's a great show, even though I had to watch the 1st and 2nd episodes more than once to figure out what was happening. It's on HBO, not sure everyone can get it.

I really want to start this one, but it's never on at the right time, and my poor ass doesn't have a PVR.

I enjoyed it. However, maybe from being on this site too much, I did not find the final episode nearly as horrific as others portrayed it to be.

I LOVED this series. Was crushed when it ended. But I have so many questions about the story. The finale really didn't clear up too much.

Amazing show, though!!!!!

I watched this all on one weekend after I got the login for my parents' cable so I could get HBO Go. Amazing show, and I can't wait for the next season. I love crime fiction, and I write it (not as well as most) so I get really into stuff like this.

Name that GoT season is over, HBO brings us Season 2 of True Detective.

Season 2, episode 1 starting in a few minutes.

Last edited:
I was not too impressed. I felt like it had too much going on and I really hope the "main" characters vs. "supporting" characters are more clearly defined in upcoming episodes.

Yeah talk about underwhelming. Yikes.

There were some interesting aspects, LOVED Colin Farrells character for example and the stuff actually involving the murder was solid, lookin forweard to seeing what this burn guys mess is all about.

Still, this first episode was about as slow moving as something can get. Hoping things start movin along quicker, especially on the character front. The first season didn't have a single weak episode, not a single weak moment really, and the followup starts off with this?

I think the problem was the amount of characters. Last season was so focused, this one seems to be telling like 6 different stories at once. We get that so often in dramas on tv, i kinda dug the other approach. Not to mention, it creates a situation where we can sit through an hour of tv and still have little idea as to what the story even is exactly. I also miss that horror element of the first, much more interesting and unique then this seemingly straight forward crime drama type of deal. Hopefully it gets gritty as shit to make up for it.

Oh and Rachel Mcadams character is fucking AWFUL! What an irritating, terrible fucking character. They better not be propping her up with the intent of getting me to root for her at some point. Hope she dies.
Such a generic, moody, "i'm in a mans world so i gotta be tough!", angsty damage case female type of character, sooooo fucking awful.

Back