• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A transgender weightlifter is receiving backlash after racking up multiple wins during the 100% Raw Weightlifting Federation competition in Virginia over the weekend.

Mary Gregory, an American powerlifter and strength coach, took to Instagram on Sunday to announce she had gone "9 for 9" at the competition and broken four women's world records: Masters world squat record, open world bench record, Masters world deadlift record and Masters world total record.

"Still processing, full meet recap to come a bit later," she wrote, before thanking those who made her feat possible, including the competition's organizers.

"A huge thank you to @raw_powerlifting_federation_ , from the bottom of my heart!" Gregory said. "As a transgender lifter I was unsure what to expect going into this meet and everyone- all the spotters, loaders, referees, staff, meet director, all made me welcome and treated me as just another female lifter- thank you!"

However, despite her own enthusiasm, Gregory's win seems to have angered a few other athletes, including former British Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies and British track Olympian Kelly Holmes.

Davies took to Twitter to express her disdain over Gregory competing as a woman, writing, "This is a trans woman a male body with male physiology setting a world record & winning a woman’s event in America in powerlifting. A woman with female biology cannot compete. It’s a pointless unfair playing field."

Piggybacking on Davies' sentiment, Holmes chimed in, writing Gregory's record-setting was "a bloody joke" and that biological women may start to "boycott certain events."

"Have a trans category if need be but even better a trans games," she continued. "Otherwise i’m starting to worry about the backlash and abuse that the trans community will get from spectators. It will happen!"

That is terribly unfair. That is a MALE body, male strength, male physiology. Letting them compete in sports like this is not reasonable.

You want to be a woman instead of the male you were born as.... fine, I accept that. I will call you "she", and I don't even mind if you use the women's restroom. But competing in sports where you have an unfair advantage... NO. You can't have your fucking cake and eat it too.

They can call themselves whatever the hell they want but the fact of the matter is 200 300 400 years from now if an archaeologist digs up their corpse and they run DNA testing it will be male. This is a joke. It is mental illness being showcased publicly. I have known two transgendered individuals and both of them were royally messed in the head

I have nothing against transgender people...let them live however they like....BUT, its totally unfair for a transgender person to compete in a sport as the sex they choose if they still have the biological sex hormones they were born with.

USA Powerlifting must allow trans athletes in women's competitions, court rules
SAINT PAUL, Minn. (TND) —
A transgender athlete won a lawsuit against USA Powerlifting (USAPL), and a Minnesota court has subsequently ruled the sports organization must allow trans competitors in its women's divisions

.USAPL had banned trans athlete JayCee Cooper from competing in its women's competitions, which reportedly led to Cooper filing a complaint with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights in 2019 and a lawsuit in state court in 2021.

This is what’s wrong with the woke and liberal democrats, but people keep voting stupid, so this is what you get
I’ll guarantee this bullshit isn’t being shoved down everyone’s throat by conservatives
Edit
No one has an issue with trans, the issue is competing with females, while still being physically male
They should be embarrassed, instead they Bragg about it

Last edited:
that, to me, feels like a slap in the face of all women especially those who worked so hard to break into a "male" sports and make recognised female leagues possible ... also to all the female without male genes it seems like they are saying " it is a male's world and male's sports and one way or another we are taking it all back as it should be... females should stick in the kitchen, raising babies and cooking us our meals etc ..they have no business in a man's world.... i can see where woman would not want to compete in a very unfair competion of any kind and i can see less and less born females participating in sports they fought so hard to get accepted into....

Last edited:
If she had been taking hormones before she hit puberty (or during) I would be all for her competing in the women’s league. However going through a male puberty gives her an unfair advantage. Are some women built bigger with high levels of testosterone that occur naturally? Absolutely but it is very different.

I understand the outrage, but just wait till FTMs start competing in sports that are dominated by women!

All the cleaning, cooking, whining records will be broken!

If she had been taking hormones before she hit puberty (or during) I would be all for her competing in the women’s league. However going through a male puberty gives her an unfair advantage. Are some women built bigger with high levels of testosterone that occur naturally? Absolutely but it is very different.

It's not that easy, men have on average higher muscle mass, different bone structure and these are the characteristics which men are born with, and no hormonal therapy is going to change it.

Post automatically merged:

Happy International Women's Day from Tay

Last edited:
its wrong to vilify transgender people. they‘re an endangered group. we’re suppose to lift them up and raise there confidence.

I support trans people 100%. I am completely on the fence as far as the athletics aspect of it. I'm really not sure how to proceed in that regard. I just don't see how there is really any way it can work and please everyone. It will be very interesting to look at in 10yrs or so. Did these athletes go through with the surgery, etc. or was it "just a phase" they went through while they broke records and got scholarships? Time will tell.

I support trans people 100%. I am completely on the fence as far as the athletics aspect of it. I'm really not sure how to proceed in that regard. I just don't see how there is really any way it can work and please everyone. It will be very interesting to look at in 10yrs or so. Did these athletes go through with the surgery, etc. or was it "just a phase" they went through while they broke records and got scholarships? Time will tell.
Is this, more or less, the world revolving around trans folk?
I get that they are trans and would like to be and be recognized by their identified sex. But, at the end of the day, they are trans.

Sports...
Problem is 'no trans sports programs'. When no women programs were available, women were allowed to participate in men 'team' sport activities. I don't see an issue with allowing that type of inclusion.

But from the Olympics on down, 'fairness and fair play' are paramount.
Testing is done to monitor drugs, doping, and testosterone. With regards to testosterone, its a measure to prevent performance in women's sports with nothing more than their natural 'god given' abilities. It's not a competition to 'build a better woman'.

So, even though it would open up brand new 'cans of worms', create trans sport programs.

Last edited:

Pulling his weight! Male powerlifter protests Canada's woke gender self-ID laws by saying he's a woman, then entering female contest and smashing bench press record​

This is the moment a male coach claims to be a woman and smashes the female bench press record at a powerlifting competition in Canada.

Bearded Avi Silverberg is shown calmly approaching the bench in men's clothing as part of a protest against gender self-identification policies in sport.

Silverberg then unofficially breaks the female bench press record for the 84+ kilograms women's category, which was a 270lbs press - officially set by a trans lifter.

The move, which took place Saturday at the Heroes Classic tournament in Lethbridge, Alberta, was apparently designed to protest rules outlined by the Canadian Powerlifting Union.

Silverberg has yet to comment on his decision to enter the contest and subsequent victory.

The Canadian rules allow anybody who self-identifies as a woman to compete in the female category, sparking concerns trans women who've gone through male puberty may have a considerable physical advantage over biological female rivals.

The CPU released its 'trans inclusion policy' in February which was based on guidance from the Canadian Center for Ethics in Sport.

Back