• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Old Man Metal

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
full

Netflix has released the first trailer for the upcoming Mötley Crüe Movie The Dirt, which is based on the band's 2001 tell-all autobiography The Dirt: Confessions Of The World's Most Notorious Rock Band, written with the assistance of Neil Strauss (NY Times, Rolling Stone).

The Dirt will debut on March 22nd, and features four new songs recorded specifically for the movie. Nikki Sixx tweeted that the new tracks are "real and raw. Everybody is playing like mad and the songs crush."

The movie is directed by Jeff Tremaine (Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa) and stars Machine Gun Kelly as Tommy Lee, as well as Daniel Webber (Vince Neil), Douglas Booth (Nikki Sixx) and Iwan Rheon (Mick Mars).

If you haven't read The Dirt, you should check it out. It's exactly what you think it is: an over-the-top, no-holds-barred exposé of the band's similarly unleashed history, and it is vastly entertaining (and informative as well): there's more sex, drugs, booze, and rock'n'roll in The Dirt than in any other ten rock'n'roll biographies combined.

The Dirt was written in round-robin format, with a different band member writing each subsequent chapter, and none of them read what any of the other members wrote until publication. This fact, combined with the inclusion of a few revelations made for the first time ever, reportedly led to some behind-the-scenes drama when the book came out. And it is my understanding that one particular story about the wife of a prominent British metal frontman climbing through a Crüe member's window for sex remains the source of hard feelings (and vehement denials) to this day.

I have no idea if the movie will be any good, obviously, but I will definitely vouch for the book. Few bands have lived the lives of self-destructive excess that Mötley Crüe have lived, and few autobiographies portray the chemical-fueled madness as well as does The Dirt.

Order the book here.

Yeah, love the first two, the rest are Greatest Hits fodder to me. Buy the first two and Decade of Decadence and you're set. Which reminds me...

ETA: Shit, all my CDs are stored safely away. Forgot about that. My copy of Decade was used to win a wet t-shirt contest, got it autographed to mark the occasion. Was gonna show it off.

Last edited:
how did I not know this existed or was coming out??? This looks hysterical actually, but I know the story is good.. not the biggest fan of their music, but you gotta give em credit for what they were/did... looks like they did Nikki n Vince ok,, the other two actors arnt cutting it for me.. n the fact a rap artist is playing Tommy, too funny (although for rap I do think MGK has some talent, just not my thing, n I guess he did ok acting in Bridhouse) lmao Either way I think this is totally gonna be worth watching! Thanks @Old Man Metal for bringing this to my attention! I'm sure at least one of my friends will make a post on FB about it when it comes out, but still pumped to see that trailer n know its a thing!!!
Post automatically merged:

ok just re-watched, not so sure about the vince now either.. I just Love opening line "we got a runaway, a kit drummer, an old man, a cover band singer... fuck YES! but hey, it was the 90 hair bands.. n they worked great together and made it happen!!! till the drugs, sex n rock n roll took over anyways!
Post automatically merged:

man i wish I grew up going to the sunset strip.. I would have made a kick ass groupie, lmao (yup watched it a third time n Im slightly buzzed... fun fact: my nephews name is Brett Michael (insert last name) so horrible yet hysterically awesome... n yes I rag on my sister all the time for that!!!! she is NOT living that down.. My sons middle name is Graham (family name) I tried naming him Rex Graham (last name).. Rex, well you know n from Graham Texas - it was meant to be!!! My ex wouldnt have it, he said Rex was a dogs name.. UGH

Last edited:
Girls don't go away mad ... girls just go away ... !

Totally not watching this ... I love Motley Crue ... But I hate Netflix ... I boycott that shit!

The book sounds interesting, especially the back story about how the book was written.

I just hope to hell that this doesn't bring back the glam-metal hair/looks from those days.
The shit we used to wear back then... <<shudder>>

Nikki doubles down on the walk-back:

Two more songs drop:

... and the movie drags the book back onto the NY Times Bestseller List.

I started watching The Dirt last night, and it's pretty much what I expected. Questions have been raised about the accuracy of various parts of it, but the drugs, sex, and rock & roll and a reminder of what the music scene was like back then is what a lot of viewers are looking for. Despite a couple of tiny cultural inaccuracies, it certainly delivered.

Anyone else watch it yet?

I actually enjoyed it. That was a crazy ass time of complete wild abandon and excess. The primary points they hit were all in the magazines and papers, Motley did some crazy ass shit. Love em or hate em, they were a product of the era.

Nikki has always been a conceited ass that thinks he is gods gift. The song Cryin like a Bitch from Godsmack is about Nikki

The film is now at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. King of the Hill.

Latest posts

Back