• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
[....]
Tony Spera and is wife Judy-Ed and Lorraine’s daughter- confirmed in a Facebook post that Lorraine, “died peacefully in her sleep at home last night.”

Here is a link to his entire post:

“It is with deep sadness that I must announce that Lorraine Warren has passed away.
She died peacefully in her sleep at home last night.
The family requests that you respect their privacy at this time.
Lorraine touched many lives and was loved by so many.
She was a remarkable, loving, compassionate and giving soul.
To quote Will Rogers, she never met a person she didn’t like.
She was an avid animal lover and contributed to many animal charities and rescues.
She was wonderful and giving to her entire family.
May God Bless her.”
Tales of Lorraine assisting others in major, high profile cases through her knowledge of paranormal activity and her gift of clairvoyance can be found in countless books, movies, and television shows. What some may not know, however, is that Lorraine was always willing to help anyone who reached out to her- no matter how small their issue may have seemed in comparison to her major cases- never asking anything in return. She was known to take personal phone calls and offer advice to anyone in need of supernatural support. She was a positive presence in the community of the small town in Connecticut where Ed and she lived and established their Occult Museum, and a friendly face at the local businesses and post office she frequented.

It’s safe to say that there will never be a paranormal investigator as friendly, empathetic, kind, and interesting as Lorraine Warren, and her and Ed’s work will be forever remembered by anyone with even a passing interest in the supernatural. We here at the Horror News Network staff offer our condolences to the Spera family and the N.E.S.P.R. community, and we echo the family’s request for privacy at this time. May Mrs. Warren rest in peace, and may her values live on through the remembrance of her life’s work and her impact on the people she helped.

http://www.horrornewsnetwork.net/trailblazing-paranormal-investigator-lorraine-warren-dies-at-92/

I guess the title "Trailblazing Paranormal Investigator" is all right, but I prefer the classic names for that profession. You know, like, "con artist", "swindler", "hustler", "scalawag", names like these.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the Warrens. I want to believe everything they did was genuine. But doing a lot of reading, talking to a lot of people in real life, and scanning the net for bits and pieces here and there has led me to the opinion that The Warrens were people who had spiritual gifts and experiences, but exploited them for money. They were opportunist who sought out bizzare supernatural cases to involve themselves and cash in on book sales about their exploits. Were the cases real? You bet they were. Did the Warren's help? Certainly. Did they also lie and embellish to make a good story even better. In my opinion, yes, and sometimes they went even further. So they gave both passed now, and I'm sure a lot of people will comment on their career, and their personal life. Hold on, the truth may be more frightening than you know. Ed might even make of himself an interesting addition in past crimes against children here on DD. Again, I cite no sources.....Just my opinion.

Back