• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Which one was your favorite?

• Kristen Lynn Boyle, High School Shrink, Rapes Student

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unborn Baby Tests Positive for METH as Missouri Parents-to-be Discover Their Home is a Former Drug L

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • "Sorry Mother", Scribbles 12-Year-Old Raped By 30 Men Over 2 Years

• Man Raped Woman After Giving Her Options Of Rape, Having Sex With Her Son, Or Be Killed

• Horse Had Vaginal Bruising And Debris In Uterus

• Father Jumps In Front of Subway Train While Holding His 5-Year-Old Daughter

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Woman Arrested After Indictment For Tasering, Strangling, And Hanging Two Children

• When Detectives Served A Search Warrant, They Found A Malnourished Teen Padlocked In A Room

• Emaciated 5-Year-Old Maliyha Hope "Looked Straight Out Of Photos From The Holocaust"

• Doctor Orders Couple To Take Malnourished 2 Year-Old To Hospital, They Bought Marijuana Instead

• Total voters

Old Man Metal

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The top ten most-read stories on the Front Page that were posted between last Sunday and yesterday are:

#1: Kristen Lynn Boyle, High School Shrink, Rapes Student
by @Craygor

#2: Unborn Baby Tests Positive for METH as Missouri Parents-to-be Discover Their Home is a Former Drug Lab
by @Turd Fergusen

#3: "Sorry Mother", Scribbles 12-Year-Old Raped By 30 Men Over 2 Years
by @Turd Fergusen

#4: Man Raped Woman After Giving Her Options Of Rape, Having Sex With Her Son, Or Be Killed
by @Sugar Cookie

#5: Horse Had Vaginal Bruising And Debris In Uterus
by @Sugar Cookie

#6: Father Jumps In Front of Subway Train While Holding His 5-Year-Old Daughter
by @Turd Fergusen

#7: Woman Arrested After Indictment For Tasering, Strangling, And Hanging Two Children
by @Sugar Cookie

#8: When Detectives Served A Search Warrant, They Found A Malnourished Teen Padlocked In A Room
by @Sue sue

#9: Emaciated 5-Year-Old Maliyha Hope "Looked Straight Out Of Photos From The Holocaust"
by @Sugar Cookie

#10: Doctor Orders Couple To Take Malnourished 2 Year-Old To Hospital, They Bought Marijuana Instead
by @Sugar Cookie

There's been a lot of rumbling at the pinnacle of the Top Ten lately. I mean the "up at the top of the king pole" pinnacle.

It gets like that sometimes.

You expect one of the regulars to lead the pack— @Sugar Cookie, @ghosttruck, @Turd Fergusen— and usually one of them does.

But not always.

Sometimes one of the other posters slips in and eats their lunch for them. Sometimes that happens for a few weeks in a row.

The regulars don't like it. The interlopers giggle about it in Clown Alley. The House loves it. The owners? They don't give a damn as long as the take is bigger than the nut.

Me? I don't know what to make of it... but when it lasts more than a couple of weeks, I get nervous.

All of June was like that; four weeks, four different Number One posters. And what happened next? Massive European heat wave in July. Killed hundreds of people, thousands of animals. "Global warming" they say. I know better. Too much turbulence under the Big Top. Butterfly effect.

Don't believe me?

Same thing in August: four weeks, four different Number One posters. Early September: The most violent storms in a century pummeled Spain, causing widespread flooding and tornadoes that killed six and required the rescue of thousands.

Instability under the Big Top is a bad thing for the entire world, and we're in Week Three of a run of instability: the last three weeks have seen @Turd Fergusen, @Sue sue, and now @Craygor sitting in the Big Chair.

If one of them doesn't grab the #1 spot next week, more innocents will die.

And @ghosttruck is missing again. The last week he missed the Top Ten, Tropical Storm Imelda caused widespread, record-breaking flooding in southeast Texas.

No good can come of all of this.

Everything else looks normal: rapes (four rapes, one was bestiality), child abuse (four cases, including tasering, hanging, and multiple instances of the ever-popular starvation), and a couple of bonuses (a former meth lab that keeps on giving and a subway suicide); @Sugar Cookie bagging Most Top Ten Articles and Most Top Ten Views; @Turd Fergusen bringing the top-ranking oddball story.

It's that seeming normalcy that makes everything so dangerous.

It keeps people from seeing the patterns.

They just want to hear "Congrats to @Craygor for bringing us the Most Popular Top Ten story of the week! It was a heartwarming tale about a sex-hungry high-school psychologist and her not-so-unique therapy methods" and "Congrats to @Sue sue for making the Top Ten for a second week in a row!"

What happened in Lithuania the first time @ghosttruck missed the Top Ten? How many people were killed by freak lightning storms the week @Sugar Cookie missed? No one wants to hear about that.

Presences. Absences. Numerological patterns.

Butterfly wings.

Just because I wear a top hat, a red tailcoat and high boots doesn't mean I'm blind.

There's an ill wind blowing. It's a good time to stand out from under.

Back