• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
A 24-year-old cyclist hit by an allegedly drug-impaired driver in Renton Dec. 7 died of her injuries on Wednesday, according to Renton police.
Now the 44-year-old driver who was arrested at the scene for vehicular assault could see his charge changed to vehicular homicide.

Vern Henderson was already facing a trial for DUI in February in Seattle Municipal Court when he was found practically nonverbal behind the wheel of a damaged car at the Rainier Avenue North crash site, according to court documents. He's been convicted of DUI four times since 1999 and has racked up 14 convictions for driving with a suspended license.
When arrested Dec. 7, he was also found to have been driving without a court-ordered ignition interlock device, according to Renton police.

Taylor Marie Goehring died of multiple blunt force injuries at Harborview Medical Center, according to the King County Medical Examiner's Office. Renton police reports indicate she suffered a fractured arm, fractured legs, a fractured pelvis, several fractured bones in her torso and possible traumatic brain injury.
The crash occurred shortly before 6 p.m. on a Friday night. Goehring was traveling south with her boyfriend in the 400 block of Rainier Avenue North near the Evergreen Market.
Meanwhile, several witnesses claim they saw a maroon Honda Accord speeding south on the same road, weaving at highway speeds between lanes.
Goehring's boyfriend stopped on the sidewalk to fix his bike, while Goehring entered the left turn lane in the road to pedal to a business.

The Honda Accord entered the left turn lane to pass southbound traffic, reports say, and slammed into Goehring without slowing. The car continued for another estimated 100 feet with Goehring lodged on the windshield and her bike pinned beneath the vehicle before it stopped, throwing Goehring into the street.
Renton cops arrived to find the bicycle crumpled in the road with the front tire and rim ripped from the rest of the bike, according to the incident report. The Honda Accord was in the left northbound travel lane, facing south, its windshield smashed and the front center portion of the roof caved in. The windshield damage was extensive enough that cops initially couldn't tell if the driver was still inside the vehicle until they approached the driver side window.

Henderson was behind the wheel and the engine was still running. Officers say he was conscious, but nonverbal and unresponsive to any questions. Police found a cigarette that had been dipped in liquid on his lap, along with a small brown cigar. Henderson had some kind of black liquid on his face, reports say.
Court documents also claim that Henderson appeared unaware of the "massive emergency response" to the crash around him and didn't seem to be cognizant that two cops were standing at his driver side window.
An evaluation of Henderson's condition indicated he was not drunk - he wore a SCRAM bracelet that would have indicated his blood alcohol level, as ordered by the court in a separate case - but under the influence of PCP and a narcotic pain reliever.
As he was being booked into the King County Jail in Kent, jail staff recovered a child-size sock containing more than 3 grams of methamphetamine, according to the police report.
LINK

Attachments

• Vern_Henderson_wreck.jpg
    Vern_Henderson_wreck.jpg
    471.5 KB · Views: 1,527
These motherfuckers round here in Renton are reckless af and this legit don't surprise me one fucking iota.
The main street in my neighborhood has a speed limit of 35mph but these dicks speed through at like 45-50mph coming down the hill.
Even when you are taking back roads turns where speeds can range from 25 to 35mph folks still wild.
This is why I don't trust bike lanes cos there is always one ignorant person to mess it up and cause a fatality.

Vern Henderson was already facing a trial for DUI in February in Seattle Municipal Court when he was found practically nonverbal behind the wheel of a damaged car at the Rainier Avenue North crash site, according to court documents. He's been convicted of DUI four times since 1999 and has racked up 14 convictions for driving with a suspended license.
When arrested Dec. 7, he was also found to have been driving without a court-ordered ignition interlock device, according to Renton police.
Why wasn't he in jail.
In my opinion, first time drunk or under the influence drivers should be locked up for 5 years. Second offense 10 years. 3rd give them LWOP.

9 out of 10 times they are never injured when they crash. But the innocent victims are either killed or injured and suffer a life of agony.

Our judicial system is too mamby pamby with these ass holes with disregard for others.

This happened to a family friend, she was driving home from work [she claims sober but worked at a bar that they drank at during work anyway] she said she didn't see him on the bike or feel the bump. They couldn't test her blood for booze cause she turned herself in a week later. But now she's doing 20 years for it!
Post automatically merged:

Why wasn't he in jail.
I ask that about my county, people will be on the 3rd DUI and still haven't served anytime.

These motherfuckers round here in Renton are reckless af and this legit don't surprise me one fucking iota.
The main street in my neighborhood has a speed limit of 35mph but these dicks speed through at like 45-50mph coming down the hill.
Even when you are taking back roads turns where speeds can range from 25 to 35mph folks still wild.
This is why I don't trust bike lanes cos there is always one ignorant person to mess it up and cause a fatality.
You’re up in Renton? Small world. Fed way here. People around here are crazy. Full time job for police to keep up with the massively f’ed people around here whom consume massive amounts of drugs and decide to drive, attack strangers, start fires, or shoplift. A lot of drunk driving accidents happen at 6am. I live a few blocks away from the 4th of July DD wreck where the guy split his car in half after hitting a tree that couldn’t have been more than 12 inches thick. We just installed cameras around our house.

You’re up in Renton? Small world. Fed way here. People around here are crazy. Full time job for police to keep up with the massively f’ed people around here whom consume massive amounts of drugs and decide to drive, attack strangers, start fires, or shoplift. A lot of drunk driving accidents happen at 6am. I live a few blocks away from the 4th of July DD wreck where the guy split his car in half after hitting a tree that couldn’t have been more than 12 inches thick. We just installed cameras around our house.
Small world in deed.
My sis in law lives in Fed Way so I am over that way pretty often and I remember that accident. All I could think afterwards was this is why I dont drive.
I still havent driven on the highway cos these jerks round here cant even be respectful in residential neighborhoods.
If you need a new random friend well here I am yo.

... a cigarette that had been dipped in liquid on his lap... a small brown cigar.. some kind of black liquid on his face... under the influence of PCP and a narcotic pain reliever... a child-size sock containing more than 3 grams of methamphetamine...
It don't matter what is is, Vern just wanna get fudddddddd up.

ETA:

full

Last edited:
Why was he permitted to have a drivers license at all?
I highly doubt he had one at this stage:
has racked up 14 convictions for driving with a suspended license.

The problem is that they don't enforce this law the way it should be.

If I were king, my solution/sentencing for DUI would be:

1st offence: Loss of drivers license for 5 years, $5000 fine and 30 days in jail, no exception. To be served 30 consecutive days. No out for anything. You fucked up, now you pay your debt. I don't care if you have kids to take care of, you better find a babysitter. I don't care if you're a doctor. I don't care if you're a congressman/senator. 30 fucking days, general pop in the county slammer.

2nd offence: Permanent loss of drivers license, $25000 fine and 1 year in jail, no exception. To be served 365 consecutive days. No out for anything. Guess what? At this point you've lost your job. You'll never be legally allowed to drive again. Sucks to be you, but you're the one who decided to drive drunk.

3rd offense, LWOP.

Make it hurt. A sentence won't do anything for a person if it doesn't mean something. Make it hurt. I have no tolerance for drunk drivers.

Oh, and if you are caught driving while suspended, automatic lifetime suspension. 2nd time, then it's jail for you.

If you kill someone while drinking and driving, it's just like a 3rd offense.

This is what happens when DUI is considered a nonviolent crime and the perps are allowed probation for "real crimes."

My son had to call about an impaired driver yesterday coming back on I35. The driver was slowly drifting from lane to lane. LE told my son to put on his flashers and follow the driver to help them locate. The errant vehicle exited the highway and my son had to follow. Fortunately, LE showed up right about that time. I35 is dangerous enough without impaired drivers!

Why was he permitted to have a drivers license at all?
I don't think he was. He had 14 convictions for driving without a license! Just more proof that serial DUI-ers should be jailed immediately. And apparent we need to be harsher on people who drive without a license, too.
Post automatically merged:

I highly doubt he had one at this stage:

The problem is that they don't enforce this law the way it should be.

If I were king, my solution/sentencing for DUI would be:

1st offence: Loss of drivers license for 5 years, $5000 fine and 30 days in jail, no exception. To be served 30 consecutive days. No out for anything. You fucked up, now you pay your debt. I don't care if you have kids to take care of, you better find a babysitter. I don't care if you're a doctor. I don't care if you're a congressman/senator. 30 fucking days, general pop in the county slammer.

2nd offence: Permanent loss of drivers license, $25000 fine and 1 year in jail, no exception. To be served 365 consecutive days. No out for anything. Guess what? At this point you've lost your job. You'll never be legally allowed to drive again. Sucks to be you, but you're the one who decided to drive drunk.

3rd offense, LWOP.

Make it hurt. A sentence won't do anything for a person if it doesn't mean something. Make it hurt. I have no tolerance for drunk drivers.

Oh, and if you are caught driving while suspended, automatic lifetime suspension. 2nd time, then it's jail for you.

If you kill someone while drinking and driving, it's just like a 3rd offense.

Could not agree more.

Last edited:
Back