• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Oklahoma’s Pardon and Parole Board has denied a request to commute the 30-year prison sentence of a woman convicted of failing to report the abuse of her children by her boyfriend, who received only two years behind bars for the abuse.

The board denied the request for 34-year-old Tondalao Hall, who was sentenced in 2006 after pleading guilty to failing to protect two of her children.

The boyfriend, 35-year-old Robert Braxton Jr., pleaded guilty to abusing the children and was released on probation after receiving credit for two years he had already spent in jail.

The women must wait three years before reapplying for commutation.

A Petition now closed
Tondalao Hall is a domestic violence survivor sentenced to 30 years behind bars under a "failure to protect" law. Tondalao was punished for not leaving her abuser quickly enough, before he could inflict physical abuse on their children.

The abuser, Robert Braxton, was released back to the streets the day he was sentenced for child abuse, with only 8 years of probation to serve.

Tondalao, the adult victim of his abuse, is now serving her 13th year behind bars.

She has 20 more years left to serve.

Ensure the key issues of Tondalo Hall’s case return and remain a part of the national conversation about race, power, gender, and domestic violence.

Legislation or legal education to support legal defenses for victims charged in failure to protect cases.

Judicial reversal of Tondalao Hall’s unconstitutional sentence, setting a precedent to prevent the same injustice from impacting other victims.

Exposure of the shortcomings and potential for abuse when “Failure to Protect” laws are misused by prosecutors or courts to punish victims.

Encourage dialogue about domestic violence in the minority community and create safe spaces that empower survivors to tell their stories

While I do think that she has served enough time I am still irritated by her being made the victim- while the children who are the actual victims are not mentioned at all.

Huh?

No sympathy for her, dumb bitch shoulda protected her kids.

But what's with the refusal to punish the abuser himself? What in the fuck?

Oklahoma is such a disgusting fucking country.

Tondalao Hall spent her 13th New Year’s Day inside a prison cell this month. The man who abused her and her young children never served a single day in prison. The details of Hall’s story speak volumes about criminal injustice in the nation today.

Thirteen years ago, Tondalao Hall’s ex-boyfriend and abuser, Robert Braxton Jr., pleaded guilty to breaking the ribs and femur of their 3-month-old daughter. Hall had not abused her children. She herself was also a victim of her ex’s violence. Prosecutors presented no evidence that Hall, then 19 years old, knew of any abuse against her children. On the advice of her original attorney, Hall signed a “blind” guilty plea — meaning, a plea without any deal with the prosecutor promising leniency. That plea resulted in a 30-year sentence for “failing to protect” her children from abuse.

In a cruel coincidence, Braxton was released from custody on the same day Hall was told she’d serve 30 years in a maximum security prison. Now, after eight years of probation, he lives with minimal consequences for his violent crimes.

It is a mockery of justice to claim that Hall’s sentence protected any of the children Braxton abused. In fact, each survivor of Braxton’s abuse has suffered tremendously as a result of her prosecution. Hall’s three children have been left to grow up without their mother, while their abusive father signed away his parental rights. This May, Hall’s oldest son will graduate from high school while his mother remains locked away from her family.

At the time Hall was arrested, she had been actively creating a plan to leave her abuser. But escaping a violent partner is much easier said than done, as the likelihood of serious violence or murder skyrockets when victims make moves to leave. As long as Hall’s abuser walks free, any claim that her sentence was about justice or protecting children rings hollow.

I wonder if she attempted to cover for the penis and he took a plea deal right away.
Mistake! I have no doubt he made sure to cover his own ass. I also have no doubt that if she had left him according to the plan, he’d have tried to hunt her down to kill her.

Their sentences are wildly disproportionate. She deserved to be released.

n Oklahoma woman who has served more jail time for failing to protect her children than the man who hurt them was approved to send a commutation request to Governor Stitt.

On Tuesday, the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board unanimously voted to recommend Tondalo Hall for commutation with time served to the governor.

In July, the Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board voted to advance Hall’s case to the second stage of consideration. The board has rejected Hall’s previous commutation requests, however, four out of five board members were appointed within the past year, making an almost new board.

Hall asked to have her 30-year sentence modified.

Back in 2004, Hall was in an abusive relationship with a boyfriend, Robert Braxton Jr. He was beating her and then began abusing her children.

He pled guilty to child abuse and she entered a blind plea on charges of failing to protect her children.

“That plea deal involved him getting credit for the time he served in jail, which was almost two years, and so essentially being released straight to probation,” Henderson said.

Hall has served more than a decade of her 30-year sentence.

Gov. Kevin Stitt has granted Tondalo Hall commutation and she is set to be released Friday morning.

Hall is set to walk free from Mabel Bassett Correctional Center in McLoud at 11 a.m. Friday.

Tondalo Hall was sentenced in 2006 after pleading guilty to failing to protect two of children who were abused by her boyfriend, Robert Braxton, Jr.

Braxton pleaded guilty and was released on probation after receiving credit for two years he had already spent in jail.

Hall has served 13 years over abuse by her former boyfriend.

The Pardon and Parole Board has twice rejected Hall’s previous commutation requests.

“I just want to tell you you guys thank you for allowing me to come this far in commutation,” Tondalo Hall told the Pardon and Parole Board on Tuesday. “I’ve worked really hard to be the woman my children need me to be.”

Family members told News 4 that Hall, a mother of three, has been resilient and hasn’t given up hope that she would one day be free.

“She’s ready to be able to come home, see her kids play sports, pick out prom dresses and you know, just have a brand new fresh start,” Nyesha Anglin, a long-time friend of Hall’s, said.

She needs to focus on rebuilding a relationship with her kids and refrain from finding a new dick right away.

The last love of her life is still alive and not publicly castrated is the only injustice. Two fucking years? Hang the Judge and Prosecutor but castrate the pedo-protecting defense lawyer. Make the pedo eat his lawyers dick and balls for his last meal. Fry bacon and bake bread in the next cell until he eats his last meal with the dignity only a Pedophile can muster.
Thirty years for pimping out ones child is a little too lenient, don't ya think? Thirty years consecutive for each child would work for me. But no early parole. If one of the children is suicided before 60 years (high probability) then charge mommy dearest for murder.

Bitch be agin like Oprah. I know i speak for everyone when i say surprisingly, prison has been kind to her on the looks dept, shes lookin sorta hot in that above link.

Back