• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Did you hear how quick bitch boy was trying to excuse his behavior? No accountability for his actions.

I don't understand why sane people get into discussions with these stunted adolescents who will probably spend the rest of their lives leaching off their parents and the tax payers.

Hillary is a sack of shit just like Trump is. I don't believe a goddamn word either of them have to say. Neither of them give a fuck about anything but money and I hope they choke on it.

I'm curious here - If somebody got in my face and called me a bunch of derogatory names without basis of fact, would I be able to sue them for slander?
I mean being called a 'racist' and/or a member of the KKK etc has serious personal & financial consequences in today's life.

If somebody did that shit to me, I'd sue to get a very public apology else they face financial ruin.

Personally if that wanna-be satanist fuck in the top video talked shit to me, his face would have a very hard time with the pavement.

If you try to block my car, it's going to get ugly and I'm the one in a 2000 lb vehicle. Just saying, if I feel threatened, I'm mowing you down. Keep your windows rolled up, too. You don't need to talk about shit to ignorant assholes.

Protestors, if you want a conversation then talk; don't scream stupid insults that don't even make sense and then look smug like you've accomplished something.

What was up with the motorcycle officer who was just watching that shit go down? Was that ordered? Are they just wanting ugly confrontations? They're on the side of the SJW's?

Portland has gone to complete hell. I thoroughly enjoy walking down the sidewalk, dodging piss puddle, piles of puke, and let's not forget the needles!
Only town I carry my pistol in and have no qualms about it being illegal to do so.

I'm curious here - If somebody got in my face and called me a bunch of derogatory names without basis of fact, would I be able to sue them for slander?
I mean being called a 'racist' and/or a member of the KKK etc has serious personal & financial consequences in today's life.

If somebody did that shit to me, I'd sue to get a very public apology else they face financial ruin.

Personally if that wanna-be satanist fuck in the top video talked shit to me, his face would have a very hard time with the pavement.

No. You can’t sue someone for slander for calling you names. But if they went around telling lots of people you are racist, or belong to kkk, if that effected your reputation and how the community viewed you and if they then shared defamatory statements with a third party who published them in some way including oral publications like a pod cast or radio show, and that they were negligent in allowing that publication, then you would have a case. Especially if you could prove it had caused you damage like lost contracts or being fired.
Oh and it needs to be false. You need to prove it’s completely false, and defamatory and sometime ‘opinion’ can get in the way of that. But generally if it’s something the average joe would consider a negative statement it’s accepted as defamatory.
It’s the publishing that makes it slander or libel. Until then it’s just their opinion.

No. You can’t sue someone for slander for calling you names. But if they went around telling lots of people you are racist, or belong to kkk, if that effected your reputation and how the community viewed you and if they then shared defamatory statements with a third party who published them in some way including oral publications like a pod cast or radio show, and that they were negligent in allowing that publication, then you would have a case. Especially if you could prove it had caused you damage like lost contracts or being fired.
Oh and it needs to be false. You need to prove it’s completely false, and defamatory and sometime ‘opinion’ can get in the way of that. But generally if it’s something the average joe would consider a negative statement it’s accepted as defamatory.
It’s the publishing that makes it slander or libel. Until then it’s just their opinion.

I get the part with someone calling you whatever on the street, you could record the prick/twit and call them as such when showing it to others. But in today's day in age, where a video of someone accusing you (even blindly of whatever the fuck people get triggered on at the moment), can go viral in nothing flat and ruin your life, wouldn't matter if it is false, in street parlance - you be fucked. And no I'm not talking about the white pride fucks. They get outed attending a racist event... fuck em. They've made it pretty clear where they stand.

'and if they then shared defamatory statements with a third party who published them'
Like the situation above, it wouldn't be them sharing the statements with a third party because the person doing the slandering is (presumably) being recorded by a third party. Neither you or the person doing the slandering can sue a third party for reporting/publishing what they've seen/recorded in a public space unless they furthered the original slanderer (remember Richard Jewell?)

This is just a continuing thought experiment I've been running on privacy and the digital age.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/14/ted-wheeler-portland-mayor-stands-decision-allow-a/
Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler came under fire over a viral video showing antifa protesters blocking traffic and harassing drivers, but he says he supports the decision by police to watch from a distance without getting involved. “I was appalled by what I saw in the video, but I support the Portland Police Bureau’s decision not to intervene,” he said at a press conference. “This whole incident will be investigated.”
The video posted by journalist Andy C. Ngo showed protesters, including members of antifa and Black Lives Matter, blocking an intersection and attempting to direct traffic at while officers on motorcycle watched from a block away.

At one point, the activists chased down 74-year-old Kent Houser after he made a right turn against their wishes, pounding on his silver Lexus and breaking a window. The car sustained thousands of dollars in damage, he told the Oregonian.
Even so, Mr. Wheeler insisted that “motorists should feel completely safe coming into downtown Portland.”
Demonstrators did not obtain a permit before holding the Oct. 6 march to protest the death of Patrick Kimmons, a 27-year-old black man who was shot and killed Sept. 30 by police. The shooting is under investigation.

The mayor has been accused of taking a kid-gloved approach to the protests that routinely roil the liberal enclave, such as the summer occupation of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement building, which saw Portland police refuse to assist the immigration-enforcement officers unless they were in physical danger.
“This is the kind of street anarchy that routinely happens where I live,” tweeted Mr. Ngo.
More rioting broke out Saturday night as antifa activists brawled with protesters who turned out for a “flash march for law and order,” organized Patriot Prayer, a right-wing group.
Portland police made no arrests during the bloody melee, even though “officers observed people in possession of hard-knuckled gloves, firearms, batons and knives. Officers also observed people use pepper spray,” according to a department statement.
“Officers responded to the scene and used less lethal munitions to break up the fight and prevent further violence,” said Portland Police Bureau Chief Danielle Outlaw. “We will continue to investigate this incident and ask that anyone who was the victim of a crime to come forward and file a report.”
According to TV station KGW, four people received medical attention, but authorities did not know whether anyone was hospitalized.
Mr. Wheeler, who also holds the title of police commissioner, took a swipe at recent unflattering news coverage, such as a Fox News story headlined, “Mob rule? Leftist protesters take over Portland street.”
“I’m willing to take criticism all day long from Fox News,” he said. “But I’m not willing to accept criticism from Fox News of the men and women of the Portland Police Bureau.”
The mayor argued that law enforcement is in a no-win situation.
“This is the story of Goldilocks and the two bears. The porridge is either too hot or it’s too cold,” Mr. Wheeler told reporters. “At any given moment in this city, the police are criticized for being heavy-handed and intervening too quickly, or they’re being criticized for being standoffish and not intervening quickly enough.”
Post automatically merged:

Wheeler Needs to get the fuck out of office and do the world a favor impaling himself on a pitchfork!
Seriously?!?!
but I support the Portland Police Bureau’s decision not to intervene
So Then why the fuck does the city need police at this point if you will just let the terrorists have their day?!?

Also How fucking dim-whited can you be?!?
“motorists should feel completely safe coming into downtown Portland.”
Yeah real fucking Safe when a band of Neanderthals can chase you down the street trying to assault you without any sort of intervention?

It's too bad the people who "occupy" Portland (No pun intended ;)) won't make the right decision and end his reign of idiocracy.

Last edited:
Back