• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police responding to the death of a 3-month-old at an unlicensed home daycare discovered toddlers left in playpens all over the house with heavy shelving stacked on top of them to keep the children from “escaping,” according to court documents.

Officers responded to the home on November 16 after a report of an infant girl in cardiac arrest. When they arrived, the daycare operator said the child rolled over onto her face and stopped breathing.

Court documents say the girl’s lips were blue and her body was “cool to the touch” when emergency responders arrived. She was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Police said the daycare operator was “hysterical,” and the documents say when officers interviewed her for more information, they could smell alcohol on her breath.

Officers saw children in the living room, and the operator reportedly told them there was only one other child in the home. She said the child was on the second floor.

When officers had her take them to the toddler, they found the child in a playpen with a blanket on top, with a heavy plastic shelving unit on top of the blanket to keep the child from escaping, according to the documents.

The woman then told police there was another child upstairs, and officers found a boy toddler in a playpen inside a closet, below hanging clothes.

While police were detaining the operator, they heard a noise in the basement. Documents say the officers then discovered a toddler in a second room with no lights on. The boy was in a playpen covered with a blanket, with shelving and crates stacked on top.

The woman has not been charged at this time, but the investigation is ongoing.
https://www.kmov.com/news/toddlers-...Bm_y_C0hotawetiE5aPa8PZNPqJCPMD0aGtHnI-SOcBhQ

Attachments

• 5c05feed8ec0f.image.jpg
    5c05feed8ec0f.image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,331
I wonder if this was one of those "just drop them off at the door" kind of place, and I would love to know what they were charging to torture other people's children. It's a blessing more weren't injured or killed by this alcoholic bitch's negligence.

Last edited:
I hate daycare's ... and Moms that work ... and feminists ... I'm not apologising for any of it either ... stories like this, suggest that I shouldn't take a word of it back or be sorry at all for thinking so ...

Last edited:
I used them when I was bringing groceries in or had to go to the bathroom, but by the time he was a year old that playpen didn't slow him down one bit, at that point I was afraid he was going to hurt himself climbing out of it. So he went everywhere with me after that.

At home daycare: The only job where you get paid to torture children.

My best friend's mother had a in-home daycare but she was GOOD at it. Never an injured or tortured child at her house. The only place I ever left my kids. I had to work and we could NOT afford commercial daycare. Back 30-40 years it was still $300-$400 a week, ridiculous.

Only an idiot with their head in the sand would think every mom could avoid work. Doesn’t mean every day care is like this shithole or that every working mom is worthy of hatred.

She had kids all over on lock down. Upstairs, in the living room and even the basement! I wonder if where they were placed was depending on how much the parents paid to have their kids there.

I hate daycare's ... and Moms that work ... and feminists ... I'm not apologising for any of it either ... stories like this. suggest that I shouldn't take a word of it back or be sorry at all for thinking so ...
Fuck that bitch Gloria Steinham and her bra burning turn of events. My Mother knew what was coming.

I remember loving my playpen. It meant that my older brothers, and sometimes my older sister too, couldn't play torture the baby! That being said, Mom never put heavy shelving and other detritus on top of the thing! She was weird I guess, wanting to keep her babies alive and all... :rage:
I actually wouldn't mind my own playpen now... I might even take the shelving on the top so no one can get in.

Only an idiot with their head in the sand would think every mom could avoid work. Doesn’t mean every day care is like this shithole or that every working mom is worthy of hatred.

Well i hope you're not calling me an idiot ... because not once did I say that every mom should avoid work ... I said I hated that its so. And speaking of Work .... People get paid to take care of children, clean houses ... wash clothes ... grocery shop. These are all paid positions and the services are valuable.

I only said one would have to be an idiot. Certainly hope you weren’t saying you hate moms that work.

No I don't ... but I wish they'd stay home ... some kids die in day care ... its not worth it. Homemaking is a real skill ... to bad its so undervalued unless you do it at someone else's house.

I suspect some moms wish they could stay home too. I like taking care of my babies and didn't really want to take them somewhere else. But I had to. Both of mine are hard working grown up men now, I'm very proud of the team effort that got them there.

Wow, I feel like the devil now. I work like 50 hours a week. My 2 kids went to a daycare run by their uncle, taken care of by their adult cousins...until last June when they moved. Fortunately my daughter started kindergarten but my son is only 2. I work from home and people always ask me how nice is it working and having my kids too. I remind them I WORK from home. I’m a front end UI and e-commerce tester. Not possible while I watch a kid. Usually followed by “Hmpf, you must be a lazy mom” look. Because 50 hours work week, taking kids to and from school and daycare, helping with homework, doing all the cooking and cleaning, having quality play time, making crafts to send to grandparents, arranging birthdays holidays. While people commend my husband for working so hard. He works 40-50 hours a week and does laundry, oh and bitches at me when I tell him I’m tired could he get the kids dressed this morning. Wow that went off topic...

Wow, I feel like the devil now. I work like 50 hours a week. My 2 kids went to a daycare run by their uncle, taken care of by their adult cousins...until last June when they moved. Fortunately my daughter started kindergarten but my son is only 2. I work from home and people always ask me how nice is it working and having my kids too. I remind them I WORK from home. I’m a front end UI and e-commerce tester. Not possible while I watch a kid. Usually followed by “Hmpf, you must be a lazy mom” look. Because 50 hours work week, taking kids to and from school and daycare, helping with homework, doing all the cooking and cleaning, having quality play time, making crafts to send to grandparents, arranging birthdays holidays. While people commend my husband for working so hard. He works 40-50 hours a week and does laundry, oh and bitches at me when I tell him I’m tired could he get the kids dressed this morning. Wow that went off topic...

And its all less than ideal ... is my point ... I wasn't knocking any working moms.

@lithiumgirl

You’re a fucking IDIOT. Sometimes I feel like I lose brain cells just reading your comments. You have your convictions, and you’re not afraid to say so, but DAMN.... you LITERALLY said you hate moms that work. What a bitch thing to say. As often as you post up in here, you would think you would be more careful about how you say things... that totally made you look like a self-righteous asshole.

Also, I HATED taking my son to daycare when he was a baby. I enjoyed staying home with my daughter when she was little. Of course we want to stay home with our children. Of course we are forced to work. You ass.
Post automatically merged:

@lithiumgirl

You’re a fucking IDIOT. Sometimes I feel like I lose brain cells just reading your comments. You have your convictions, and you’re not afraid to say so, but DAMN.... you LITERALLY said you hate moms that work. What a bitch thing to say. As often as you post up in here, you would think you would be more careful about how you say things... that totally made you look like a self-righteous asshole.

Also, I HATED taking my son to daycare when he was a baby. I enjoyed staying home with my daughter when she was little. Of course we want to stay home with our children. Of course we are forced to work. You ass.

Back