• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A mother of an Edgecombe County child under the age of two has been charged with felony child abuse by neglect resulting in serious bodily injury. And a Pitt County man who also allegedly took part in the abuse of the child and was the one who assaulted the child was arrested for his role in the crimes against the child.

According to information obtained by the Tar River Times from someone close to the situation, the child was carried to Vidant Edgecombe Hospital for wounds he had on his body, mainly above the shoulders. As a result of the severity of the wounds, Vidant Edgecombe Hospital contacted the Edgecombe County Sheriff’s Office because the mother, Amber Smith Dixon, 27, lives in the county.

During the investigation, Pitt County authorities learned that the abuse had taken place in early July and lasted over a five-day span where the child received injuries to his face, head and neck.

According to a source who didn’t want to be identified that has knowledge of the incident, the child had been punched in several places in the facial area, burned by a cigarette and had a mark on his neck that was said to be consistent with someone twisting his shirt tight around the child’s neck and swinging him back and forth causing a burn mark.

The second person charged in the case is Elton Joshua Pritchett, III, 37, of Greenville.

Pritchett was arrested and taken into custody where he was served with warrants from the case that include felony intentional child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury and felony assault by strangulation.

According to the source, the wounds the child suffered came at the hands of Pritchett while the child was in his custody on Penny Hill Road.
1570320459283.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Elton Pritchett was found guilty Friday of felonious child abuse inflicting serious physical injury and assault by strangulation. He was sentenced to between 5.8 and 8.0 years in prison.

Amber Dixon pled guilty to felonious child abuse by neglect in the same case on Nov. 29th and was sentenced to between 1 and 2 years in prison.

The DA’s office says evidence in court showed on July 7th, 2019, Dixon took her twenty-month-old child to his paternal grandparents with severe bruising to his head, face and torso. The child also had strangulation marks around his neck. The grandparents took the child to a hospital.

Pitt County deputies said in 2019 that Dixon is the mother of the two-year-old who they say was repeatedly abused by what has been described as “torture”.

I am so disappointed she only received one to two years for all of the horrific damage she did to this precious little man. I can only hope there is a restraining order in place that prevents her from EVER EVER coming near him again.
And she should be sterilized. Without anesthesia, please.

I am so disappointed she only received one to two years for all of the horrific damage she did to this precious little man. I can only hope there is a restraining order in place that prevents her from EVER EVER coming near him again.
And she should be sterilized. Without anesthesia, please.
I checked out her FB page. Since this whole debacle started, she’s had another son and may be pregnant now. She definitely had a baby, and has a picture of an ultra sound up. Not sure when/where the ulta sound is from. So no, apparently the courts did not order sterilization with a rusty tin can. Unfortunately
Ohhh I just rechecked. She IS pregnant baby is due Feb 2022. SMDH

Last edited:
ELTON J PRITCHETT III
Incarceration Status:
ACTIVE​
Total Incarceration Term:
8 YEARS 10 MONTHS​
Conviction Date:
12/03/2021​
Projected Release Date:
07/12/2026​

Minimum Term: