• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I'm with @DIAFplease on this- Something's so not ok with this mothers story!

From the beginning her story has been vague & doubtful-
She was moving so left her baby with 'a friends father' in another state-- for over a month?!
Then she's claimed she saw him during that time- that changes to she only spoke on the phone with him.
Also she NEVER reported her son missing- even after, according to her, she was 'unable to locate or retrieve Kyrian after several attempts' - she claims that the first she knew of her son missing was when police contacted her! Wtf?

RIP little man
image.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-kyrian-knox-garfield-park-20151119-story.html

Two and a half months after the remains of a 2-year-old boy were found in Garfield Park Lagoon, Chicago police say they have been unable to make progress in the case because the couple who last took care of the child are refusing to cooperate.

"We have tried numerous times to contact these people so we can talk to them and have them help us in this investigation," Chicago Chief of Detectives Dean Andrews told reporters Thursday in an update on the investigation into the murder of Kyrian Knox, whose remains were discovered in the lagoon Labor Day weekend. "... As you can imagine, it's extremely frustrating because they are critical to this investigation."

In a rare move, officials released the names of the witnesses to the media, identifying the couple as Kamel Harris and Danyelle Foggs. Harris is the father of a friend of the boy's mother, Lanisha Knox, 24.

At a news conference at police headquarters, officials would not call the couple suspects in Kyrian's death.

For weeks, authorities couldn't identify the remains. But earlier this month, officials said DNA from the remains — tested at the FBI laboratory in Quantico, Va. — matched Kyrian's mother.

Chicago police are still awaiting results from the Cook County medical examiner's office on how the boy died.

Kyrian was reported missing after the discovery of the remains in the lagoon. But police have said the boy apparently disappeared sometime in August, and the family did not go to authorities until weeks later.

Early on, Harris told Chicago and Rockford police he handed Kyrian over to a man and two women in late August after they said they were friends of Lanisha Knox.

"Give us some indication who you turned the boy over to," Andrews urged at the news conference.

More recently, police said Harris has been staying in the Milwaukee area, while Foggs is in Chicago. Chicago police have tried to contact both in person but haven't succeeded.

The police know these people did something to poor Kyrian but are trying the soft approach to get them into the station and get their story on record, but they are being uncooperative. If they didn't have anything to do with Kyrian's death, why are they running and being uncooperative?

Last edited:
I'm in a fb group for kyrian and have personally come to the conclusion that that only thing his mother is guilty of , is not giving a shit.

I don't think she killed her son, I don't think she wanted him dead. I just think she wanted a break from the responsibility and was stupid enough to hand him over to somebody willing to take him of her hands for a while.

First, she's not fit to be called a mother. I'm going with a term that I saw Cbaby use, she's a Sperm Baker.

Second, in what fucking world does the "babysitter" not allow you to pick up your child and you go about life like: "Oh well, maybe next week?", how is that okay? How is it that going to the police didn't enter her pea-brain? Or just showing up to get her kid? But no, she just goes along like it's no big fucking deal?!?!

The only other person my boys are with, other than me, is their father on alternate weekends. If he even considered telling me that "it wasn't a good time" for me to get my boys back I'd drive straight to his front door and kick it in to get my boys. No one and I mean absolutely no one could keep my boys from me, FUCK NO!

I definitely agree that she was a shitty mother who made shitty choices that ultimately led to his death.

she continues to make poor choices as well. I have seen pictures that were posted to facebook and commented on by her. She was drunk at his service.

I understand that everyone grieves in their own way and I would probably not be able to be sober if my baby was chopped up and dumped in a lagoon either. But the pictures were in poor taste, and the comments as well.

I would probably not be able to be sober if my baby was chopped up and dumped in a lagoon either.
I'd put money on that one of my boys dying, being murdered would be tha start of my relapse.

I totally get where you're coming from in saying that.

Is it just me or are the cracks that these babies fall into getting bigger

The police need to do a steakout 24/7 until they get these suspects in for questioning. It seems like the police don't give a shit. *just send out a letter requesting these people to come in* isn't enough. They need to go out and get them.

As with every Wal-Mart, we have that spot for missing children.
Kyrian was posted in the Alert slot. When I heard he was Garfield Park Baby Doe, I took down his poster.
On Friday is was back up. So I took it down again and wrote Found Deceased on it. No one knew what to do with it, so I hung it back up. Eventually fan into the store manager and told him about it. It was decided that I take it down and give to store manager so he'd remember to print out December's featured missing.
Now we have a case dating back to 1974. Http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...iewChildDetail&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1231505

I'm in a fb group for kyrian and have personally come to the conclusion that that only thing his mother is guilty of , is not giving a shit.

I don't think she killed her son, I don't think she wanted him dead. I just think she wanted a break from the responsibility and was stupid enough to hand him over to somebody willing to take him of her hands for a while.
I bet we're in the same group. I'm actually in a few of them. I think one closed down.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...knox-garfield-park-arrest-20161115-story.html
A man who was caring for 2-year-old Kyrian Knox in the summer of 2015 "snapped" and killed the toddler after the lactose-intolerant boy was fed milk and cried for a whole afternoon, police said.

Kyrian's dismembered remains were found in the Garfield Park Lagoon on the West Side on Sept. 5, 2015. Police said in a news conference at the park Tuesday afternoon that Kamel Harris, 41, was arrested on murder charges in Kyrian's slaying after investigators learned that blood they recovered from the man's vehicle belonged to the boy.

Harris, of Rockford, was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder, felony concealment of a homicidal death and felony dismemberment of a human body.

He was brought to Chicago on Monday from the Winnebago County Jail, where he was in custody on unrelated charges.
[....]
The break in the case came when police late last year found blood in Harris' vehicle. Harris had denied that the toddler had been inside the vehicle, Duffin said. The blood was tested, and this summer, police learned it matched the slain boy, Duffin said.

“Unfortunately, it took several months, I believe it was late July or early August of this year, when it was confirmed to be the baby's,” he said.

While the medical examiner's office ruled Kyrian's death a homicide, Duffin said Tuesday that no one was able to determine exactly how Kyrian was killed.

Police believe that Kyrian's remains were dumped in the lagoon because Harris has family in the area of the park.
[....]
The toddler's mother, Lanisha Knox, had moved to Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with a high school friend who also had a 2-year-old. Both women left their children in the care of Harris, who is the high school friend's father, officials have said.

Duffin said Tuesday that the other child was OK and is safe but had no further information.

Duffin said that since being taken into Chicago police custody on Monday, Harris has not cooperated with investigators and has requested a lawyer.
750x422

From the link-

CHICAGO, Nov. 16 (UPI) -- Chicago police on Tuesday said they arrested a man on charges he killed a lactose-intolerant 2-year-old boy after he cried for hours from stomach pain from drinking milk.

Kamel Harris was arrested on charges he murdered Kyrian Knox last year based on blood recovered from the man's car determined to have come from Kyrian, more than a year after the toddler's dismembered body was found floating in a lagoon.

Harris was watching the child, and another, last September for their mothers, according to police, when the incident happened. Kyrian ingested milk, which he is allergic to, and cried during most of the afternoon because of stomach pain caused by the milk.

At some point, police say, Harris snapped and killed the toddler. He then falsely reported the boy was missing -- and said Kyrian may have been missing since at least a month earlier.

In September, Chicago police investigated reports of a foot floating in Garfield Park Lagoon. Romero said divers found another foot and two hands on a shoreline of the lagoon, and found a head the day after.

Police later found blood inside of Harris' vehicle and, despite denying Kyrian was ever in his car, the blood proved to match the boy's DNA in testing conducted in August.

Police said it took several months to determine what happened to Kyrian; the mothers of both children were not cooperative. They charged Harris Tuesday with first-degree murder, felony concealment of a homicidal death and felony dismemberment of a human body.

and said Kyrian may have been missing since at least a month earlier

If they took that report and filed it as a missing person, for a month. Wouldn't that mean Kyrian's mother went along with this? She could've just said ummmm, no he's not missing, this bastard killed him.

She needs to be charged as well. Stupid fucking bitch. Covering for her DOTM.

Everyone involved in the death and cover up need to be exterminated. That rat bastard purposefully tortured then killed Kyrian becos he's a bully.

There is a long chain of responsibility on this one. The joke around here is always dotm did it, but that is so common because when a child is placed in the care of somebody that has no emotional attachment, caring for a small child becomes very difficult. That's why the biological mother is blamed, because you don't leave your child with just anybody. The best adult can easily be broken by the crying of an unfamiliar child. I love my son but there are times after trying to console for hours you have to give up, put them in the crib and walk away. Yes I am angry, yes I think "just shut up shut up shut up, but I also know he is a baby. He cannot talk, communicate or understand much of what is going on around him. He's scared he cries, If I am unable to help we both go to our corners and calm down. End of Post stating the obvious and contributing nothing.

when a child is placed in the care of somebody that has no emotional attachment, caring for a small child becomes very difficult.
You may think you contributed nothing but some people actually need this to be spelled out to them.

@Satanica @cubby @Nell
Prosecutors reportedly said that charges could be reduced against the Illinois man accused of killing and dismembering his 2-year-old son in 2015 after he cried while having an allergic reaction to milk.

The family of Kyrian Knox told WBBM Wednesday that the state’s attorney’s office informed them that they may reduce murder charges against Kamel Harris, who’s accused of killing and dismembering Knox before discarding his remains in a Chicago lagoon. The news station reported that the toddler’s severed head, hands, and feet were recovered Labor Day weekend 2015 and it took authorities two months to identify the remains through DNA testing.

It was in 2016 when police accused Harris of killing his lactose-intolerant toddler son for crying after ingesting milk. Harris was reportedly watching his son while the child’s mother moved from Rockford, Illinois, to Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

“He kind of just snapped and couldn’t deal with it anymore,” Area North Commander Kevin Duffin said in November 2016, according to The Chicago Tribune.

Harris is expected to appear in court next week. The state attorney’s office reportedly declined WBBM’s request for comment.
https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/01...rying-while-having-allergic-reaction-to-milk/
1547262805743.png

From the same source:
It remains unclear how exactly Knox was killed. In 2015, the Cook County medical examiner’s office ruled his death a “homicide by unspecified means,” according to the Chicago Sun-Times. The outlet reported that investigators reached a dead end shortly after the discovery of Knox’s body because the last person believed to have seen him stopped cooperating.

I'd say the state's attorney's office is reducing the charges to that which will certainly get a conviction. Kyrian's murder is missing a lot of crucial details that are necessary to withstand the defense team if they went with a charge of murder. Harris could walk if the State can't prove their case to the jury. Reduce the charges, less to prove, he'll go to prison.

@Satanica @cubby @Nell @Keepalowprofile
An Illinois man who has been accused of dismembering a 2-year-old child went on trial on Tuesday.

Kamel Harris, 44, allegedly killed Kyrian Knox, from Rockford, Ill., in August 2015. Some of Knox’s remains were found in September 2015 in the Garfield Park lagoon in Chicago. Harris was arrested in relation to the child’s death in 2016.

In the first day of the week-long trial, prosecutors claimed Harris “snapped” and killed Knox, The Chicago Tribune reported.

He was reportedly sent over the edge by Knox crying for hours after he was given milk. The child was reportedly lactose intolerant.

The outlet reported Harris allegedly brought the child’s body to Chicago before he dismembered it and put the parts in plastic bags tied to weights. He then allegedly put the bags in the lagoon.

The Tribune reported Knox’s feet, hands and head were found in the lagoon in 2015, but the rest of his body was never found.

Assistant State’s Attorney Andreana Turano said prosecutors don’t have fingerprint or DNA evidence linking Harris to the murder, according to The Tribune.

Back