• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Pagan

A babysitter found guilty of murdering her neighbour's two-year-old son has been released from prison after her conviction was ruled unsafe.

Lawyers for Suzanne Holdsworth, 37, had argued that new evidence showed she was the victim of a miscarriage of justice over the death of Kyle Fisher in 2005.

The Court of Appeal was told Kyle's brain had abnormalities which predisposed him to epilepsy.

Ms Holdsworth, of Hartlepool, Teesside, was granted bail ahead of a retrial.

The former supermarket worker was accused of having repeatedly banged the boy's head against a banister in her home after having "snapped" while looking after the child whose 19-year-old mother was on a night out.

Continued @
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7377072.stm

Snapped. I hate it when assholes use that as an excuse for their behavior. :frusty:

Kyle Fisher, with his obvious eye injury
article-0-02D4F7BA000005DC-996_233x423.jpg
article-1102004-02D777DA000005DC-440_233x423.jpg

Clare Fisher, Kyle's mum
article-0-02D95155000005DC-44_233x423.jpg

Jon Taylor, Kyle's father, has said he never believed Suzanne was responsible for his son's murder.
article-1102004-02D8D582000005DC-681_468x351.jpg

An emotional Suzanne Holdsworth leaves Teeside Crown Court after being found not guilty in her retrial for the murder of Kyle Fisher
article-0-02D8D9B1000005DC-287_468x348.jpg

She really got fucked over on this and was innocent the whole time. Kyle had a shit load of pre-existing medical problems, not to mention a year earlier he had actually been stabbed in the brain by someone else. And is why he looks funny in the photo. She was accused of bashing his brains on a railing but they never found evedence to prove it.

Suzanne covered up for the mom Clare Fisher, the nite before he died, the bitch locked him in his room and her ass was in a sling so Suzanne helped her out by lieing for her. She paid the price of 3+ years for that lie. The whole storys pretty interesting and is at the link.

Kyle also suffered from myriad problems. First, heterotopia - brain matter in the wrong place, which can cause fits; second, megalencephaly - an abnormally big brain, which can cause fits; third, hydrocephaly - water on the brain, which can also cause fits; fourth, subdural haemorrhage, which can also cause fits.

Fifth, Kyle had been accidentally stabbed in the brain, in someone else's care, a year before he died - a terrible injury that caused his eye to droop as his damaged brain squeezed down 'like toothpaste through the tube'. It was pressing down through a hole in his eye socket onto the back of his eye.

Stabbing, squeezing and scarring of the brain can cause fits, too. And fits can kill.

These five brain disorders, any one of which could trigger an epileptic fit, eluded Cleveland Police's 'relentless investigation'. So when Suzanne told the first trial jury in 2005 that Kyle had suffered from a fit, no one believed her.

Only something didn't quite add up. If there was a smashing of Kyle's head into a wooden banister, why was there no sign of impact? No blood, no hair, no traces of Kyle's skin anywhere in Suzanne's house. Why had no DNA test - which could have cleared Suzanne in the first instance - ever been carried out?

But the same could not be said for the character of Kyle's own mother. One woman juror at the second trial was seen holding her hand in front of her mouth in horror as the court watched a video of Clare Fisher's house: clothes strewn about, objects were lying around, and Kyle's bedroom looked like a junkyard, with a broken cot on the floor.
Judge Grigson at the first trial told the jury that the house had been described as a 's***-pit
'.

Clare even admitted at the second trial that she had been a negligent, 'home-alone' mother.

Four nights before he died, she had locked Kyle in a bedroom by blocking the door with a broom handle and tying it with a belt, before going out clubbing.

A neighbour heard Kyle crying and called the police. Suzanne only realised what had happened afterwards, but says Clare asked her to cover up and say she had been with Kyle that night to stop Clare getting into trouble. Suzanne agreed to help her friend and neighbour.

'I was wrong to cover up for Clare,' says Suzanne. 'I told a white lie - but the prosecution made it much darker. I ended up paying for it for three years inside.'

Another issue at both trials was unexplained bruising on Kyle's head. Both babysitter and mother deny causing the bruising.

Another expert, Professor Renzo Guerrini from the University of Florence, gave evidence that it could have been caused by Kyle himself, banging his own head in an unseen fit. And if the bruising had been caused by one of the two women, then which one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1102004/Justice-delayed-Kyles-babysitter-spent-years-prison-crime-did-commit.html

I'm assuming a fit is a seizure...and if this is so, he could've cause the bruising to his own head if he was left alone for an entire night while she was out clubbing. Especially if they said his room was as dirty as the newspapers said.

It seems like it would've been the mother if she asked the babysitter to cover up. Then, the cover up story could be a lie. But it seems they had evidence that the mother went out the night he passed. It seems the babysitter was telling the truth because of this information.

I just pray that he is safe where he is.

She really got fucked over on this and was innocent the whole time. Kyle had a shit load of pre-existing medical problems, not to mention a year earlier he had actually been stabbed in the brain by someone else. And is why he looks funny in the photo. She was accused of bashing his brains on a railing but they never found evedence to prove it.

Suzanne covered up for the mom Clare Fisher, the nite before he died, the bitch locked him in his room and her ass was in a sling so Suzanne helped her out by lieing for her. She paid the price of 3+ years for that lie. The whole storys pretty interesting and is at the link.

Please...http://www.merriam-webster.com/

What an incredibly sad story. This little one had so many problems physically then assaulted with knife by some psycho. I feel for this lady, the babysitter, and I am inclined to believe her version of events over a mother who locks up her child to go clubbing.

I'm sure the mother was overwhelmed in taking care of a special needs child; that being the case she should have asked for help with Kyle. I'm just thinking things may have worked out far better, with Kyle still alive had the mother taken a stronger interest in helping him with his physical problems. The babysitter was doing her job, the mother, I think could have done far better for Kyle.

Little one, I hope you have found peace.
bfm93p.jpg

You can tell by looking at the boy he had some major medical problems, never help a freind out of a jam is a lesson to be learnt here, let them take responsibility for their own actions, I didnt think the UK was like us where you convict a person just to keep the prison industry stuffed with people, guilty or innocent doesnt mattter, long as they are making money, making sure people suffer, (because of course they deserve it, they are criminals) does anyone else see this is how holocausts begin? Peter has a point when he says a genocide can happen here, get your guns and ammo, he is right...

Back