• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
vialsyringe.jpeg

Hat tip to ghosttruck.

[....]
Veterinarians have been desperately reminding everyone that vaccines are safe and won’t give pets autism (seriously). But it wasn’t entirely clear if pet owners really were shying away from vaccines. The new report comes courtesy of the People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals, which claims to be the UK’s leading veterinary charity. Since 2011, the PDSA has carried out an annual survey of pet owners in the country, dubbed the PDSA Animal Wellbeing, or PAW, report. This year’s report involved just over 5,000 pet owners. Most of these were cat and/or dog owners, but few owned rabbits as well.

In addition to questions about their pet’s overall health, like how often they walked their dog, the owners are asked about their pet’s vaccination history. In 2016, 84 percent said their pets had gotten their needed shots when they were young. But by 2018, that percentage had dropped down to 66 percent, continuing a trend seen the year previously.

There’s no direct evidence in the survey that pet owners are buying into the propaganda spouted by the anti-vaccination movement—it doesn’t seem to have asked people whether they think pet vaccines can cause autism, for instance. The most commonly stated reasons for not vaccinating were that it was too expensive or that their pets never interacted with other animals (both 17 percent); 10 percent said they had simply never gotten around to it.

But there’s definitely some reason to think vaccine hysteria might be playing a role. For one, people didn’t report going to the vet or using other pet health services any less often in 2018 than they did in previous years—it was just vaccines they were avoiding more. And some owners said they didn’t think the vaccines were necessary (16 percent).

The authors of the PDSA report explicitly say that myths and misinformation about human vaccines spread through social media could be affecting pet owners, too.

“These negative messages about vaccines can be projected onto pets in surprising ways—for example, the false link between the [measles, mumps, and rubella] vaccines and autism has also been applied to pet vaccines by skeptics, despite any link being thoroughly debunked in people and autism not being documented in pets,” they wrote.

In the UK at least, lower levels of pet vaccination seem to track with reported decreases in rates of childhood vaccination in people. And this decline in vaccination is at least partly to blame for the country losing its measles-free status just last month.

The U.S. unfortunately doesn’t seem to have any concrete data on how often owners are vaccinating their pets. But the country as a whole is teetering on the brink of losing its measles-free status as well, as outbreaks since last September have led to the highest toll in over 25 years.
[....]

Last edited by a moderator:
This really pisses me off. This is even worse than antivaxxers who are parents, cuz animals can't tell you something is wrong. In my state, animal cruely has been changed to a felony. I hope every uneducated, selfish twat doing this gets the fucking book thrown at them.

Ignorant ignorant ass holes.

As a retired animal control officer I have seen the destruction of parvo.
Kennel cough is awful, parvo kills. Leptospirosis is no walk in the park either. And we all know about rabies; once symptoms present, there is no cure.

I will keep my animals vaccinated and if I could voluntarily get rabies vaccinations for my human family I would.

Just imagine a pack of vicious rabies infected dogs running at large.

Stupid stupid people.

This really pisses me off. This is even worse than antivaxxers who are parents, cuz animals can't tell you something is wrong. In my state, animal cruely has been changed to a felony. I hope every uneducated, selfish twat doing this gets the fucking book thrown at them.
No no you see vaccines are how the government takes innocent animals and makes them bisexual SJW bloggers to fuel the communist conspiracy to destroy morality and legitimize human vaccination which turns our children into autistic devil worshiping hipsters loyal to the gay martian agenda i mean come on its so obvious

Yea, all variety of anti-vaxxers are crazy, this a blog of one:
In my view, you get a healthy adult dog by not vaccinating at all! Vaccines destabilise the immune system, leading to all sorts of chronic illness. From all I’ve seen and read, vaccines do not set your dog up for good health. They have the potential to make your dogs itchy, scratchy, vomiting, diarrhoea-filled, sickly, sub-normal shadows of their former selves – ready and waiting for the more serious killers like cancer to arrive. Vaccines represent the perfect recipe for the chronic illness epidemic I’ve been describing.
You want to take a guess how they make their dogs safe from diseases? If you said "homeopathy", you were right!
Does this mean I’ve left Edward and Daniel open and unprotected against viral disease? No. When they were puppies they were given the homoeopathic nosode, a safer vaccine alternative.

Here's a link to a bunk of articles from stupid people in support of not vaccinating pets

Last edited:
It is hard to Fathom in this age of technology and free exchange of knowledge and factual information that we still have people so uninformed in life. Stuff like this is honestly Dark Ages, witchdoctor type crap. There is no excuse for this. Stupidity, ignorance, foolishness need to be called out for what they are. They are a dangerous practice that needs to be stopped at all cost.

A higher standard for intellect needs to be made. When a person is deficient, be honest about it. A dumbass is a dumbass plain and simple. Call out lies and misinformation that harms others.

Or...

Cane the snot out of the owners.
After all morons cannot be reasoned with.

No no you see vaccines are how the government takes innocent animals and makes them bisexual SJW bloggers to fuel the communist conspiracy to destroy morality and legitimize human vaccination which turns our children into autistic devil worshiping hipsters loyal to the gay martian agenda i mean come on its so obvious
The "autistic devil worshipping hipters" part is true.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Unlike most human diseases that have vaccinations, the ones dogs get do not rely on herd immunity. Immunize your own pets and you're good.

The vast majority of pet owners only do the first rounds of puppy shots. That doesn't cut it. You must keep their shots up to date and have boosters done. Here's another shocker..pets are supposed to have regular check ups as well. Not just when they are sick. Having worked in a vet's office for over 4 years I can tell you that this isn't a thing. Even people who dote over their pets as if they were children are, in the end, pet owners who only do minimal upkeep when absolutely necessary. Dogs get more hair cuts than they get medical care.

If anyone ever wants to see the standards for being a good dog owner...apply for a passport for your dog. You're in for a shock. Both of my dogs hold EU passports. It's yearly boosters and check ups every 6 months for my pups. And chipping is mandatory here along with having pet insurance. Everything about them is recorded into the passports. De-worming, heart worming checks, vaccines, medications and conditions ..everything. And it all has to be signed off by the veterinarian performing the task. Backyard neutering? Not allowed. De-worming yourself? Not allowed. It has to be done by a certified vet. Standards seem high for a passport but in all reality they are still a bare minimum that the majority of the population won't/can't meet.

1568117711623.png

One of the big animal anti-vaxxers, in fact the one I linked to above, Catherine O'Driscoll, was recently diagnosed with bulbar-onset motor neurone disease, similar to Lou Gehrig's disease. Going by her GoFundMe, she continues her delusional attack of "conventional medicine" and she, herself, knows more than them based her own "research". Here's a piece:
Catherine has been told that conventional medicine has nothing to offer people with this disease, except a drug that prolongs life by only four months. Nor does conventional medicine claim to know what causes this illness, although her own research points towards heavy metal poisoning (for example, from dental amalgam), EMF radiation, pesticides, trauma and an underlying viral infection.
Good news, though. Through self care, she is getting a bit better, by ---- wait for it ----- "detoxing"
Catherine has been detoxing from mercury poisoning for a few months now, and she has seen improvements.
Detoxing, eh? I would like to know her mercury levels, something tells its was fucking low as shit to begin with. Well, if they are normal and as long one has functioning kidneys and a liver you are on a constant detox, but hey, what do I know, I'm only a fucking science guy.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/let039s-help-catherine-o039driscoll

Last edited:
When we moved back home after the tornado, someone had two puppies and gave us one. He had parvo and almost died. We managed to treat him at home, but he only pulled through due to my daughter-in-law's diligence with subcutaneous iv. Even after they survive I think they shed virus for a couple of years, so your dog could wander into an area where an infected dog has been and you wouldn't even know they had been exposed to a deadly virus.

Also, you never know when your dog might need to stay overnight at the vet, so they really, really need that kennel cough vaccine.

I've never had a dog react badly to a vaccine either. And heartworm preventative! It's absolutely necessary in Texas and much cheaper than treating your dog after they get them.

Last edited:
Back