• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

bowling68

Why does the capitalization in the Thread Titles change after I post them? I can go back and edit them and as soon as save changes it reverts back? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The mods made it auto-format like that to keep people from caps-locking their thread titles. Unfortunately, the rule fucks up acronyms and hyphenated names, which really bugs me.

Why does the capitalization in the Thread Titles change after I post them? I can go back and edit them and as soon as save changes it reverts back? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

So, that's what's up with the title field. O.K., I get it. Doesn't mean I won't end up with a screw up I can't fix showing in the shoutbox, but that was helpful info @Azryhael . Thx!

@bowling68 - here's a few things I finally figured out, but still have to edit in the thread title sometimes b/c I forget.

You can't use anything with two caps together, like US, or U.S., instead, you have to leave a space between the word, phrase, place, etc., and enter "U S". NOLA for New Orleans, LA = N O L A and so on.

It hates ages when you try to post something like 2 Y.O., 2 y.o., 2 y/o, or 2-year-old.. I've just had to either say something like, "Baby Boy, 2, " or just write it out "2 year old Baby Boy".

If you try to write a headline like you normally would a title by not capitalizing words that are articles, conjunctions, etc., like and, but, or, the, with, to, etc., it'll auto cap them for you in title field.

And lastly, even though you can go back into your thread and :writer: the title under most circumstances, you can't edit it in the shoutbox. :vamp: Once it's auto posted there, it's permanent, so don't be :bag: when you accidently forget something about the title field/editor and make an :oops: :eggface: :facepalm: and then you get all :mad: :banghead: :asshat: because the title field/editor just told you :snaphappy:! :p :finger:. Most people get it and don't get :mad: :shifty: :punch: at you personally by assuming you're a :wacky::asshat: and tell you to :kiss: :mooning: :stinkyfeet:. They just get aggravated over ppl not being able to edit the titles that show up in the shoutbox, too. :) <3

ETA: Aaaagh :arghh:. *tantrums over being forced to wear reading glasses* Just fixed my typos. I hate missing edits! :yuck: :laser: :joyful:

Last edited:
To be honest, we put it in place because one of our prolific posters aggravated the shit out of me with their titles. Just never turned it off.

And I just gone done memorizing all of @gatekeeper 's tips:arghh: You are turning it off right? I hope.

Nope. Hasn't been an issue for years, aside from the occasional acronym and the like. Besides, I like the neatness of not having threads titled "4yo girl killed to death by VICIOUS pit Bull!!!!11!"

And lastly, even though you can go back into your thread and the title under most circumstances, you can't edit it in the shoutbox. Once it's auto posted there, it's permanent, so don't be when you accidently forget something about the title field/editor and make an and then you get all because the title field/editor just told you ! . Most people get it and don't get at you personally by assuming you're a and tell you to . They just aggravated over ppl not being able to edit the titles that show up in the shoutbox, too.

SOUND ADVICE HERE!!! Oops! Caps lock got stuck:oops: :whistle::whistle:

They did, that time, I've noticed that sometimes they don't. And sometimes I don't know what I"m talking about. They copied in your quote but not Gatekeepers, I see that now.

ETA: cause I haz a dumb.

SOUND ADVICE HERE!!! Oops! Caps lock got stuck:oops: :whistle::whistle:

Ha! Not showing up here either. If you're coming in with Google Chrome, it may just be the Chrome trolls (or other glitchy browser stuff) showing us some temporary love. :troll: :devil:... :wait::finger: :joyful:

Ha! Not showing up here either. If you're coming in with Google Chrome, it may just be the Chrome trolls (or other glitchy browser stuff) showing us some temporary love. :troll: :devil:... :wait::finger: :joyful:

Testing...

ETA: Yup, temporay troll lovin'!

Back