• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.engadget.com/2016/05/12/tinder-user-kidnapped-and-beaten-by-a-man-she-met-via-the-app/
A Kansas Tinder user was recently kidnapped, beaten and held against her will for six days by a man she met through the app. Shane Steven Allen faces one charge of kidnapping and four more for aggravated battery. He's currently in police custody under $100,000 bond, according to NBC News. If he's convicted, Allen could serve a 32-year prison sentence. The woman, a 20 year-old student at the University of Kansas, was kidnapped on April 12th and was returned to her sorority on April 18th with multiple injuries including a pair of black eyes, broken blood vessels in her eyes and multiple bruises and abrasions, according to local news outlet Lawrence Journal World.

The two had met up once before without incident, but the next time, Allen allegedly accused the woman of flirting with one of his friends, which set the abuse in motion. Apparently, Allen said he was holding her until the initial round of facial injuries healed. He took the victim back to the sorority house after she promised she wouldn't contact the police.
[....]
this is the latest in a string of crimes committed either via, or involving, social apps including a rape broadcasted on Periscope, adomestic assault streamed online via Twitch and a suicide that also played out on Periscope.

2uj37vb.jpg

If he's convicted of all five charges, Allen could face as long as 32 years in prison....

According to the charges, Allen — whom court records list as weighing 265 pounds...

....punched her in the right eye, knocked her to the ground and continued to beat her...

According to the affidavit, "Allen stated she could not go home until the swelling around her eyes reduced."

The next day, police said, Allen choked the woman until she passed out.

At another time, Allen threatened to kill himself and put a knife to his throat before pointing it at her, police said in the affidavit obtained by the newspaper.

Allen finally returned the woman to her sorority on April 18 with injuries to her face, neck, chest, back and legs, according to police.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...idnapping-beating-woman-he-met-tinder-n573256

Tinder... complete bullshit. Trash even. No one meets anyone anymore. Just talks through social media apps and texting and then feels like they "know" each other. You don't know anything about a person until you've seen how they act with a dial up internet connection...

Tinder... complete bullshit. Trash even. No one meets anyone anymore.

I met two guys off Tinder. it didn't end in marriage or anything but also not an ass whooping. Online dating is all there really is anymore, unless you're lucky enough to meet someone at work or church or something.

Tinder is only meant for sex hookups. How embarrassing for this girl now, her family and friends will know she was roaming the net searching for random sex encounters.

Tinder is only meant for sex hookups. How embarrassing for this girl now, her family and friends will know she was roaming the net searching for random sex encounters.

I'm glad you said something. I thought it was just a hookup site.

Im honestly shocked that there hasn't been a Tinder serial killer yet.

A person would be wise to be choosy of the pool they're drawing from, unless they're prepared to do some serious research. Tinder doesn't exactly have a quality reputation.

Glad she got dropped back off, though. That could have gone a lot worse.

So I guess you're just what, so cocky that you just KNOW every on-line hook up is going to end well? How immensely stupid. People SHOULD becareful when meeting someone off of the internet! To say otherwise, or to shame someone that IS careful is just full on mentally deficient of you!!! JFC, when I went to meet, purely platonically, a well known and well respected member of his site I STILL gave my family her name, phone number and address before I left, just in case! You're downright imbecilic if you don't!!! :banghead:

It was me. I decided not to rape and murder her. Solid choice.

@Satanica @Nell @BuffettGirl
Jun 21, 2018
Shane S. Allen asked for another chance on probation, to get more intensive treatment to kick his methamphetamine addiction.

Douglas County District Court Judge Sally Pokorny didn’t give it to him.

Instead, on Wednesday, she revoked Allen’s probation and sent him directly to prison to serve the 27-month sentence she’d previously suspended by granting him probation. Minus eight months Allen spent jailed while his 2016 case was pending, he’ll be in prison for the next year and a half.

With his meth addiction and mental health issues untreated, Pokorny called Allen “a dangerous person and a danger to society.” She said he already had a year and a half to reform while free on probation.

“I don’t think I need to wait and see if he’s going to hurt somebody,” Pokorny said.

Neither the judge, the attorneys nor Allen’s probation officer mentioned during Wednesday’s hearing that Allen, 32, of Lawrence, is now linked to the May 1 death of a woman that Lawrence police currently are investigating as suspicious. That death investigation, which the Journal-World reported last week, is still in the hands of Lawrence police, and no arrests have been made in connection with it.

Allen’s newly revoked probation was granted in December 2016, when he pleaded no contest and was convicted of two counts of felony aggravated battery for repeatedly beating a University of Kansas student he met on Tinder and invited to his trailer home in the 3300 block of Iowa Street. Kidnapping and other felony charges were dropped in exchange for the plea.

On April 29 of this year, 27-year-old Sabrina Frock was with Allen, at the same trailer, when she suffered mortal injuries.

Three days earlier, Frock had driven from her home in Brookfield, Mo., to visit Allen, whom she’d met online through meetme.com, her mother told the newspaper. Denise Slaughter said she got a brief call from her daughter saying she was OK and staying one more night, but that early the next morning, law enforcement knocked on her door and said Frock was being flown from Lawrence to the University of Kansas Hospital in Kansas City, Kan.

Frock underwent surgery for a severe head injury but never regained consciousness, and she died May 1, Slaughter said.

The Lawrence Police Department confirmed it was investigating the death of a 27-year-old woman at that time but have not publicly released names or details about the circumstances.

On May 29, Allen’s probation officer filed an affidavit with the court alleging that Allen had violated his probation by using meth, missing multiple appointments and failing to complete his court-ordered mental health and substance abuse treatment.

Continue reading at link

He should not be allowed on any dating sites.

Back