• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

everjaded

ಠ_ಠ
Bold Member!
This mom CLEARLY isn't a member here, otherwise she'd surely know not to bring home a man she'd just met on an online dating site, to spend the night with her and her 7 year old child.

So many things wrong with this. Kids need stability, not a revolving door of men rotating in and out. Also, you shouldn't bring strangers back to your house on day one of meeting them. Until you get to know them a little bit, you really have no clue if they're the type of batshit crazy person that might try to beat you to death with a hammer in front of your kid.

Consider this a hard earned lesson.

A neighbor heard a woman screaming and went to her apartment to check on her. When he knocked on the victim’s door, the woman opened it and stated she’d been hit in the head with a hammer and asked him to call 911.

The victim’s 7-year-old child was in the apartment during the attack and was extremely upset.

When the neighbor initially heard the screams, he said he looked out the window and saw 29-year-old Timothy Kydd running from the apartment.

The woman was immediately taken to a local hospital where doctors determined she had multiple skull fractures, an orbital fracture and a cervical fracture. She was then taken to a local trauma center in critical condition.

The woman reportedly told detectives she met Kydd on an online dating site that day before the attack.

The woman drove to Ocala to pick up Kydd and brought him back to her apartment where they, along with her child, spent the night.

According to deputies, the woman and Kydd argued throughout the night and again in the morning about sexual relations.

In the morning, the woman told Kydd he needed to leave. After being told to leave, deputies said Kydd hit the woman in the head with a hammer. Kydd then allegedly placed his hand over the her mouth, preventing her from screaming.

The sheriff’s office said the 7-year-old came running to the woman’s bedroom after hearing the commotion. Kydd then allegedly hit the victim again, but she was able to scream, which alerted the neighbor.

Kydd left the apartment and the woman was able to lock the door to prevent him from returning.

Kydd left a backpack containing identification, however, detectives were not sure if the ID’s actually belonged to him or if it was fraudulent as he provided the victim with a different name.

Deputies say once they were able to identify Kydd, they learned he had previous arrests for violent crimes and had open cases in other local jurisdictions.

A warrant was issued for Kydd for attempted murder with no bond.

https://www.wfla.com/news/local-new...th-hammer-while-7-year-old-home-deputies-say/

The accused spent some time on the sheriff office's Facebook page claiming his innocence, prior to his arrest. He's listed as Timothy Bates in this thread.

She was quite unwise, but very lucky!
People that want to meet that fast are horny and idiots.
The risks are huge.

He thinks it is funny.
Likely ask for a copy of his mugshot for his next bogus profile pic.

Here in Tucson a couple of weeks ago it was going to be a 30 degree night, so I reluctantly allowed a just evicted (no pay, no stay in your apartment) woman to sleep on my recliner in the living room.
I hid every knife, hammer, or head bashable device in my bedroom AND stayed up all night.
And SHE wasn't a stranger.
I'm not paranoid, but I'm not stupid either. (Thanks DD!)

Back