• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ghosttruck

Level 57 Taco Wizard
full

Gardening isn’t a pastime just for old people and plant geeks. In fact, it’s one of the most accessible and satisfying hobbies you can pursue. Whether you’ve got a green thumb that can tease a bloom out of a ghost orchid or if you require a more forgiving plant like a cactus that only needs to be watered monthly, there’s a technique for everyone.

And there’s no shortage of reasons to start digging: gardening can reduce stress, encourage you to eat healthier, teach you valuable skills about responsibility and persistence, and strengthen your bond with nature. It can also be quite fun — especially if you do it in the buff.

Also known as naked gardening, planting bare-root shrubs while baring your own bare root shrub is the ultimate way to pay homage to Mother Earth and up your Vitamin D consumption at the same time. In fact, there’s even an official holiday for it and it’s this Saturday, May 4.

Having it rain every fucking weekend here is not very motivating. I had intended to make one little trench for sunflower seeds, but I couldn't get myself to do it; not even naked. May one evening this week. They grow fast.

I was going to start a garden, but I ran out of yard burying bodies.

Then again, maybe the soil is more fertile than ever.

About 5:30 am yesterday I was applauding my lack of motivation, because the rain came down in buckets and didn't stop until the afternoon. Anything I would've put in my trenches would've been washed away in the downpour.

I can totally do this. As long as I can't see people on the road, they can't see me. (And if they do see me, the experience is it's own punishment.)
On the other hand, it's a cool foggy climate, so my naked time outdoors is limited. I'm no martyr to discomfort. I actually bathe outdoors a lot. Hot water and cool breeze = invigorating.

Last edited:
Back