• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I also find it interesting that one article said that he filed for divorce because she was having an affair (would make sense if she moved out of his house and into a neighbor's), but that child number 5 was obviously born after divorce was final. The timing would appear kinda hinky; makes me wonder if child #5 wasn't his?

Either way, I'm not blaming the mom for anything either. Just find the whole story curiouser and curiouser.

In those pictures with the kids "smiling" - they look like someone has told them to show their teeth. People don't smile like that.

^^ I agree for the older kids perhaps, but when my son was a baby/toddler, he smiled like that anytime he saw that his picture was being taken. My 7 yo sometimes smiles like that for pictures, just to be goofy. At first, I wondered if the oldest girl was just showing off her missing her tooth? IDK, but the pictures struck me as odd ones to use for this. :shrug:

ETA: My son's pic as a baby smiling just like that...
2v1xnhi.jpg

Last edited:
The reports about them not attending school were from when they lived in a different town. They were attending school after they moved. I drove past the trailer park on my way home tonight. It's literally 5 minutes from my house and I never knew it was there. I did not drive down the road because the only reason someone would need to turn down it is if you lived there and I didn't feel comfortable, but I also didn't see any activity.

I'm glad I didn't post the fb I thought it was because I was wrong. The mother's name is amber Jones so I have some stalking to do tonight lol. The father worked for Intel making 70 grand a year and the cost of living is awesome here so it's not making sense why he was living in a single wide trailer with 5 kids. A four bedroom house can easily be rented for under 1000, but the meth they found better explains that.

from the above link

Lexington County Sheriff Lewis McCarty said in a press conference Wednesday that Timothy Ray Jones Jr., 32, was calm as he led investigators to where he dumped the bodies of his five children Merah, 8; Elias, 7; Nahtahn, 6; Gabriel, 2; and Abagail Elizabeth, 1.

[...]

According to the divorce order, the name of Abagail Elizabeth was changed to Elaine Marie Jones. No explanation as to why was given.

The bodies of the three boys and two girls were found around 4:45 p.m. outside the town of Camden, Alabama, according to investigators.

On Tuesday, Jones took Lexington County Sheriff's deputies, FBI agents and State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) agents to a dirt road in the Oak Hill Community in Wilcox County, Ala.

[...]

Investigators do not yet know the children's cause of death, McCarty said. Authorities hope to have the autopsies completed as early as Thursday. And they do not know what made Jones kill his children. The drug known as Spice, a strong hallucinogenic, was found in Jones' vehicle, the sheriff said.

McCarty said the five sets of remains of the Jones children are in Lexington County now, and a team is on the way to Mississippi to pick up Jones.

McCarty said Jones traveled to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia then back to South Carolina and then to Mississippi.

[...]

Jones, who will be charged with five counts of murder upon his return to Lexington County, was believed to have carried the children in garbage bags across three states, McCarty said.

Jones was pulled over in Mississippi, and that's when authorities saw blood and cleaning supplies in his car, along with children's clothing but no children.

[...]

Initial investigations began on Aug. 7 when the Department of Social Services received a report of abuse against Jones.

DSS went out that day to investigate, and found that it was not warranted, according to Jackie Swindler, a DSS official. He would not say who call authorities.

Swindler said DSS workers were notified, interviewed the children and determined that they were not in danger, according to Swindler.

[...]

Jones' ex-wife reported that he and the children were missing on Sept. 3, which is the day after he was scheduled to return the children to her, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Jones and his ex-wife, who had been married since June 2004, were granted a divorce on Oct. 14, 2013.

An Amber Alert was not issued because it did not meet the five criteria for the alert, according to SLED chief Mark Keel. Primarily because it wasn't an abduction by someone who wasn't a legal guardian, an Amber Alert was not issued, he said.

[...]

Former babysitter of Jones children says there were never signs of abuse
[...]
spoke with two women who used to baby sit the Jones children over the last few years.
Both of them said 32-year-old Tim Jones, Jr. seemed and acted like a good father.

Jodie Durney, who ran a Lexington County daycare said Jones was always punctual, he paid on-time, sometimes two weeks in advance.
[....]
after Durney had closed the daycare, she says she continued to baby sit the children at Jones' home.
[....]
spent a significant amount of time alone with the kids.

"Tim was my number one parent,"
[...]
"He was very punctual, he was awesome with the kids. He dropped the kids off to daycare on time, he picked them up on time. If he was running late, he would let me know in time. He was really good with those kids."
[...]
said Jones always took the kids to their appointments.

"He kept their doctor's appointments, dentist appointments,"
[...]
"He took them himself. I was involved so much. On daily basis, hours upon hours. I think I would have known. I really do believe I would have seen it or picked up on the emotion or something. When you're around kids as much as I am you get to know what signs to look for and there just were no signs."

There was nothing to indicate to Durney that anything was wrong.
[....]
But hearing the news of the brutal killing of the Jones children, Durney said it does not sound like the Tim Jones she knows.
http://www.wistv.com/story/26502018...children-says-there-were-never-signs-of-abuse

This lady they have been showing on the news is posting on her Facebook that he was a great parent. She was the daycare provider. But her daughter was arrested for meth not that long ago and didn't notice that either so...

After watching the press conference I can hardly believe how SC is sooo sympathetic to mom. In 2 years, I never saw mom, spoke to mom, neither did Saxa Gotha. Tim lost his mind ppl. He was the one dropping kids off at 7am picking them up at 6pm, taking them to drs...psychologist...school...dentists....he worked hard...didnt use drugs/drink/lie, he was very active in church, as were the children, I am not surprised DSS let another death plus 4 happen. Effing rediculous.

Last edited:
Also Jodie and her daughter keep referring to the baby as Julie. How many names does the kid have? Born as Abigail, legal name change to Elaine, but goes by Julie? Wtf!

One of the articles stated that DSS would be releasing the entire case file this aftenoon (Wednesday)! I am very anxious to see this, because this shit just doesn't make any sense to me.

Article says it's been released. Nothing major, but there were allegations of domestic violence. I was almost positive that would come out. Maybe someone can find the actual document today.

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/local/2014/09/11/dss-case-files-timothy-jones-jr/15434093/

Bullshit that all was well in paradise. I'm working on getting the report.

The Department of Social Services released the case files on Timothy Jones, Jr and his family. Jones confessed earlier this week to killing his five children.

The 50 page report shows several cases concerning the kids. In 2011, they were investigated for neglect. Case workers noticed piles of clothes and tools scattered throughout the house, but that the children were clean. There were questions about the children not attending school-- the report says they were home-schooled.

The documents show in 2012, case workers discussed domestic violence with Mrs. Jones. A case worker recommended she contact Sistercareand look into leaving the home - a recommendation she reportedly did not want to follow.

A report filed in May of this year accused Timothy Jones of physical abuse. The children reported they got spankings and were told to do exercises for punishment.

However, they said they had no fear of their dad.

[...]

THE DSS law enforcement liaison Jackie Swindler said the agency received a complaint of physical abuse on August 7th. We're told caseworkers responded that day.

Swindler said caseworkers, along with Lexington deputies, did not witness any evidence that these five children needed to be removed from the home.

[...]

"A seasoned Lexington County case worker along with the Lexington County Sheriff's Department interviewed the children, interviewed Mr. Jones, interviewed neighbors," explains Swindler. "At that time, there was nothing to alarm them immediately, nothing that showed the children were in any kind of imminent danger or peril at that time."

[...]
http://www.wltx.com/story/news/local/2014/09/11/dss-case-files-timothy-jones-jr/15434093/

[...]

Five murder warrants await Timothy Ray Jones Jr., 32, when he arrives in South Carolina. He admitted to killing his five children, and traveling three states with their bodies in garbage bags before dumping them in Alabama, authorities said Wednesday.

Divorce records listed the five children as Merah, 8; Elias, 7; Nahtahn, 6; Gabriel, 2, and Elaine Marie, 1. Elaine Marie was born Abagail Elizabeth but the parents agreed to a name change, records show.

J[...]

. The file depicts an increasingly overwhelmed father with five children and no family support system. In 2014, DSS caseworkers were called twice: once in May and once in August.

On May 5, DSS received reports that a child had been punished excessively by Jones. Another child told a caseworker that the sibling got "12 spankings" for messing up his brother's track. The boy, who had a mark on his neck, told the worker that his dad would spank him with a belt, but showed no fear for his father, according to the caseworker.

During a follow-up visit on May 14, Jones told the worker that the mother had not seen her children in four months, because she walked out on him for a younger man. The case was closed as unfounded on July 24, after a caseworker also spoke to the children's babysitter who said Jones was a good father.

Yet, just two weeks later on Aug.7, a report came in to DSS that one child had been beaten "extensively," according to documents in the family's file. Jones was also accused of often beating that child and leaving bruises, not feeding the kids adequately and of not wanting to send the kids to school to avoid having teachers report the beatings. The reporter said Jones would bring home 20 chicken nuggets to feed the five children.

The following day, a caseworker went to family's home in Lexington with two deputies. One of the boys had a bandage over his eye, because his sister accidentally hit him with the door knob, the caseworker learned. The babysitter and the boy's sister confirmed the incident.

[...]

He believed the previous babysitter was retaliating. The next time DSS would receive a call was on Sept. 3, when deputies reported the children had not gone to school for two days. Jones led law enforcement to the children's resting place on a rural Alabama road on Tuesday.

But he had a history with the agency prior to 2014. The agency had continuous contact with the family between 2011 and 2012, when the children's mother still lived with Jones.

An agency staffer was dispatched in 2011 to the family's home in Leesville, when allegations surfaced that the children were not attending school, that they were always dirty and that the family's yard was littered with trash.

The mother, whose name was redacted in the report, was pregnant at the time with her fourth child.

[...]

They reported the house to be cluttered, messy and under construction, until Oct. 31, when the house was "very very very clean."

During several follow-up unannounced visits, the house was found to be cluttered, but the children were OK. On April 25, 2012, the children's mother reported she and her husband had separated. On May 29, 2012, she showed the caseworker an incident report number of a domestic violence incident. By June 18, 2012, Jones had taken the children to his parents' home in Mississippi. The case was closed on Oct. 16, 2012, because the children no longer lived in the state.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...xington-man-accused-of-killing-his-5-children

I do know they are not putting him in the Lexington county detention center for his safety. He's going to be housed in the closest prison broad river correctional facility.

No history bullshit and laws need to be changed so when assholes move out of state follow up can be done.

Last edited:
People hide addictions all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the money he made went to his addiction to whatever drug he was doing.

Crap. SO CONFUSED. It seems the DCS was all over this one. They were there and followed up accordingly. The exercise for punishment thing always seems to coincide with abuse. Was he abusive or overwhelmed? The house was always a mess but the kids were clean and dressed appropriately. He just needs to come on out with it - he'll get the death penalty for this... I wonder if the neighbor they were always at because the house was a mess was the same neighbor she left him for? She must have been cheating on him while she was pregnant. Has the mom released any statements?
The mom clammed he was abusing her .

People are complaining that DSS dropped the ball. I do not agree. I think they did everything they should have. The father is to blame, and him alone.

In those pictures with the kids "smiling" - they look like someone has told them to show their teeth. People don't smile like that.
I always said that to my son...so what did he do? He started smiling like Fire Marshal Bill...curled his lip under & there was the teeth! Most unattractive smile ever, so happy he grew out of that.
Some kids just smile funky.

Father who killed his five kids then bleached their bodies to hide stench in his maggot-ridden van had divorced his wife after discovering she was sleeping with teenage neighbor
  • Timothy Jones Jr, 32, discovered wife Amber was putting their kids to bed and going to have sex with 19-year-old neighbor, divorce papers showed
  • The Intel engineer was arrested on Saturday for DUI and later admitted he had dumped his children's bodies down a dirt track in Alabama
  • He is being extradited from Mississippi where he was arrested to his home state of South Carolina on Thursday
  • Jones crisscrossed several states for days, apparently using bleach to try to mask the smell of the decomposing bodies
  • Autopsies on Merah, eight; Elias, seven; Nahtahn, six; Gabriel, two, and Elaine Marie, one, to be performed today
  • Children were likely killed shortly after they were last seen in school and day care on August 28
  • The children's mother reported them missing on September 3 but an Amber Alert was not issued because father is primary guardian

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-sleeping-teenage-neighbor.html#ixzz3D1hA0P98

Ok, the six year old's name, what they Hell is that? I keep seeing it spelled that way, I thought it was a type at first. Is that supposed to be Nathan?

And I'll go ahead and say it. Dad's a complete fucking monster, I don't care that his ex-wife was fucking a 19 year old, and neither does the law because 19 is legal, IT'S NOT JUSTIFICATION TO KILL YOUR CHILDREN!

So he does have a previous criminal record and habit of being irresponible. It happened a long time ago, but still..

http://www.wistv.com/story/26508032/tim-jones-jr-went-on-crime-spree-in-illinois-in-2001
According to Michael Combs, chief of the criminal division of the McHenry County, Illinois, State's Attorney's Office, Timothy Jones was arrested on a cocaine possession charge March 30, 2001, in Carpentersville, Illinois. He was arrested in September for a crime spree that included stealing a car, burglary and passing forged checks.
He was sentenced to concurrent six year terms and had another year tacked on for another stolen car conviction. He was released from an Illinois prison on Jan. 15, 2003.

Ok, the six year old's name, what they Hell is that? I keep seeing it spelled that way, I thought it was a type at first. Is that supposed to be Nathan?

And I'll go ahead and say it. Dad's a complete fucking monster, I don't care that his ex-wife was fucking a 19 year old, and neither does the law because 19 is legal, IT'S NOT JUSTIFICATION TO KILL YOUR CHILDREN!

I don't know what it was supposed to sound like lol, but they called him Tan.

Back