• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2zewnlj.jpg

Tim Jones, Jr. was arrested in Smith County, Mississippi Saturday in connected to the disappearance of his five children whose bodies were recovered in Alabama on Tuesday.​
The bodies of five children reported missing from their South Carolina home have been recovered in Alabama
[...]
The children's tragic discovery Tuesday follows the arrest of their father, Tim Jones, on unrelated charges in Mississippi on Saturday, according to the Lexington County Sheriff's Office
[...]
The mother of the five children, ages 1 to 8, first reported them missing on Sept. 3 after failing to get in touch with their father who's identified as her ex-husband and their legal guardian, said the sheriff's office.

Alabama Sheriff Kenny Hardin told
[...]
that the bodies were found in a rural area off Highway 10 in Wilcox County.
Harden said their father confessed to dumping the bodies in that location.

Investigators in South Carolina said the children were last seen with their father. When they went to his home last week to speak with him they said he and the children were gone.

"Neighbors told deputies that the children's father said he was moving with his children from his home near Lexington to another state," said the sheriff's department in a release Tuesday.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-children-found-ala-reports-article-1.1934063
2zdr7fs.jpg

5 kids bodies aged 1yo - 8yo found​

Last edited:
The bodies of five South Carolina children who have been missing since September 3 were found Tuesday in a rural area of Wilcox County in Alabama
[...]
A staging area was in place for hours in Butler County, but the scene then moved over the county line. Butler County Sheriff Kenny Harden says the bodies were found around 4 p.m. off Highway 10 at mile marker 94 just outside the city of Camden.
[...]
The Lexington County Sheriff's Department in South Carolina says the five children were between the ages of 1 to 8 and were reported missing after last being seen with their father. Lexington County Sheriff Lewis McCarty said the children's father, who has joint custody of the five children, was detained on September 6 in another state on charges that are not related to the disappearance of his children.

Sheriff Harden says the father told Mississippi authorities that he dumped the bodies on Highway 10 between Camden and Greenville.

The mother of the five children told
[...]
that she had been unable to contact her ex-husband. The mother also told deputies that there had been other occasions when she had been unable to contact her ex-husband. Neighbors told deputies that the children's father said he was moving with his children from his home near Lexington to another state.
[...]
County District Attorney Michael Jackson says it is believed the children were killed in South Carolina. Jackson says he's spoken with Lexington County's district attorney and, due to the serious nature of the situation, the bodies will be transported back to South Carolina where all charges will
[...]
has multiple crews on the scene and will have immediate updates as they become available both on-air and online.
http://www.wsfa.com/story/26487380/bodies-of-5-children-from-sc-found-in-wilcox-co

I'm going to try and find his Facebook and more info. This is local to me, I live in the same county, so it may be easier to find for me. I about cried when I found out about this at work. How could he!?

I have sole custody of my boys because their father is crazy (literally bipolar) and moved 1200 miles away. He had supervised visitation, but as of right now, hasn't spoken to them in an entire year. Well, last time we spoke, he kept asking if they could come visit him and his gf... Being very pushy about it, and starting fights. In between everything there has been a lot of crazy shit (on his part) that has happened. I am absolutely terrified of letting them go see him...., and for this same reason! I couldn't go on without my boys, and I try everything within my power to protect them. Especially because I know how he was, even though he says now that he's changed... Haha!

I have sole custody of my boys because their father is crazy (literally bipolar) and moved 1200 miles away. He had supervised visitation, but as of right now, hasn't spoken to them in an entire year. Well, last time we spoke, he kept asking if they could come visit him and his gf... Being very pushy about it, and starting fights. In between everything there has been a lot of crazy shit (on his part) that has happened. I am absolutely terrified of letting them go see him...., and for this same reason! I couldn't go on without my boys, and I try everything within my power to protect them. Especially because I know how he was, even though he says now that he's changed... Haha!
You have sole, he HAD supervised (is that still the case?). You call the shots. Trust your gut.
If legally you have to let him, well let it be in a public place with a 3rd party present.
I've been where you are & finally he just moved & quit calling and I felt such relief.

Oh my God, one day you have five kids that think you are the greatest thing on earth, and just love hanging all over mom, and then the next day you have none.

What does she do now? How the hell would someone survive through that? Oh man I am crying hard:(

You have sole, he HAD supervised (is that still the case?). You call the shots. Trust your gut.
If legally you have to let him, well let it be in a public place with a 3rd party present.
I've been where you are & finally he just moved & quit calling and I felt such relief.

Right, he doesn't have any visitation or custody rights currently... I don't even push the issue that he doesn't pay his child support, just so he'll stay out of our lives lol. I don't trust him, he's proven that time and time again. I refuse to be a mom on this website haha. I've been lurking for years now, and have learned a lot;)

I can't even imagine how this mom feels. My heart goes out to her...

No such luck yet. I have one it could possibly be based on comments from news articles, but since I can't be 100% sure, I'm not going to post it considering the gravity of the crime. One lady said she used to be a live in nanny for him. He only has one criminal conviction for driving on a suspended license up until now.

The father of five South Carolina children whose bodies were recovered in Alabama Tuesday was arrested after a deputy detected "an odor of chemicals" coming from his vehicle
[...]

Timothy Jones, Jr. was taken into custody shortly after a search of his license plate by a Smith County deputy linked him to his children
[...]
The deputy, who described Jones as extremely agitated and appearing under the influence,
[..]
Jones had chemicals believed to be used to manufacture meth and a substance believed to be the synthetic marijuana, Spice.
An investigator called to the scene additionally reported finding bleach, muriatic acid, blood and possible body fluids in Jones' Cadillac Escalade.
Alabama Sheriff Kenny Hardin
[...]

that Jones, who is identified as the children's legal guardian, confessed to dumping his children's bodies in a rural area off a highway after his arrest for possession of controlled substances.
When the bodies were discovered Tuesday evening they were described as decomposed and in individual plastic garbage bags.
[...]
Investigators in South Carolina said the children were last seen with their father. When they went to his home last week to speak with him they said he and the children were gone.
[...]
When the bodies were discovered Tuesday evening they were described as decomposed and in individual plastic garbage bags.
The children's mother, who is divorced from Jones, first reported them missing after failing to get in touch with their father, said South Carolina's Lexington County sheriff's office.
"Neighbors told deputies that the children's father said he was moving with his children from his home near Lexington to another state," said the sheriff's department in a release Tuesday.
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-children-found-ala-reports-article-1.1934063

They lived right up the road from me, within ten minutes driving distance. I have the address. It was a trailer. I might drive by it just to see. Thank god the kids did not attend my children's school, but the next closest one. I would hate to have to explain this to my little one. My heart breaks for the family of these children, except of course, the one who murdered them.

Last edited:
The deputy who was led to the bodies should have immediately unholstered his service weapon, placed it right up against this shit-sack's head between his eyes, and pulled the trigger. Then he should have leaned over the body and put two more in his head just to be sure... I don't think there's a jury anywhere that would have convicted him of anything... That poor mother, her life has been smashed, although I have to wonder why he had custody of the children and not her...

The deputy who was led to the bodies should have immediately unholstered his service weapon, placed it right up against this shit-sack's head between his eyes, and pulled the trigger. Then he should have leaned over the body and put two more in his head just to be sure... I don't think there's a jury anywhere that would have convicted him of anything...
This piece of shit isn't worth throwing a career away for.

Wow how horrific. Those poor babies. I pray they didn't suffer. I can't imagine how this mother could go on after losing her five children all at once like this and so horrifically. I hope the father didn't use the muriatic acid on the kids. RIP babies.

They need to charge and convict him of the murders in whichever state has the highest likelihood of executing him and doing so quickly.

SO if he had notes of violence against the kids & felt the kids were plotting to kill him...are we surmising he was high or that he's crazy? I'm sure defense will use one of the two.

If the kids were dirty, whatever....I feel it's moot at this point because the mother DID call in a missing persons report, which means she was aware & did what was right.

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/charges_expected_against_timot.html

Back in Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina, Johnny Hyder said that when the Joneses lived next door, the children were often dressed in dirty clothes and were seen home at all hours of the day because Tim Jones had said he didn't believe in the public schools. Hyder said Jones was constantly looking for a reason to argue and often threatened to call the police.

Marlene Hyder and her husband, Johnny Hyder, said Jones and his wife moved into a house next to them about seven years ago in Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina, 25 miles west of Columbia. Two years ago, the wife moved in with a male neighbor and Tim Jones moved away with the children, the Hyders said.

A "no trespassing" sign was posted near the driveway of a house where the Hyders said Tim Jones' ex-wife still lived with the other neighbor. Several people were seen walking around the yard, but none responded to questions from a reporter.

was just coming to post their pics
1125pn5.jpg
Jones admitted to the killings in Smith County, Mississippi, after he was pulled over on Saturday at a driver's license checkpoint and arrested on charges of DUI
[...]
Timothy Ray Jones Jr, 32, will be charged with five counts of murder, and officials believe he acted alone, Acting Sheriff Lewis McCarty of Lexington County said.

Authorities think all five children were killed at the same time, but they said they don't yet know how or why.
[..]
Jones was charged with murder on Wednesday along with child neglect in connection with the children's deaths
[...]
Jones was already in custody in Raleigh, Mississippi, after being detained on Saturday on suspicion of driving under the influence.
[...]
Jones had joint custody of the children with his ex-wife following their divorce. He was their primary legal custodian, the Lexington County Sheriff's Office said.
[...]
The murder suspect's father, Timothy Jones Senior, told
[...]
today: I know my grandchildren are in heaven. I don't want no one to think that my son is the animal that they're going to put him to be.'
'This is a very tragic situation,'
[..]
'These kids' lives were snuffed out before they had a chance to enjoy life. Justice will be served.'

He admitted to the killings in Smith County, Mississippi, after he was pulled over on Saturday at a driver's license checkpoint and arrested on charges of DUI and possession of a controlled substance.

Police have not released details on how the children died. The children's bodies were taken back to South Carolina for autopsies and identification on Tuesday night, sheriff's officials said.

Marlene Hyder and her husband, Johnny Hyder, said Jones and his wife moved into a house next to them about seven years ago in Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina, 25 miles west of Columbia.

They said Jones told them he worked in computers. Two years ago, the wife moved in with a male neighbor and Tim Jones moved away with the children,
[...]
Johnny Hyder said the children were often dressed in dirty clothes and were seen home at all hours of the day because Tim Jones had said he didn't believe in the public schools. Hyder said Jones was constantly looking for a reason to argue and often threatened to call the police.
[...]
He said Jones approached him with a gun on his hip one day and was angry about something, but Hyder couldn't remember what it was. When Hyder said he was going to call police, he said Jones told him it was only a BB gun.

Marlene Hyder said Jones threatened to kill one of their dogs when it briefly went onto his property.

'He was a nut'.
[....]
Mrs Hyder said she also remembered a day when one of the Jones' younger children came over to the Hyders' house and tried to drink out of one of their outdoor spigots.

He was dirty and disheveled and ran back to his house when she tried to speak to him, she said.
[....]
Several people were seen walking around the yard, but refused to comment on the charge
[...]
He said Jones led investigators to the children's bodies on a dirt road near the Oak Hill area.

The children's decomposed remains were found packaged in individual plastic garbage bags east of Camden, Alabama, said Smith County, Mississippi, Sheriff Charlie Crumpton.

Jones was detained Saturday at a checkpoint East of Raleigh, Mississippi, where police were looking for impaired drivers,
[...]
The deputy found what were believed to be chemicals used to manufacture methamphetamine and a substance believed to be the street drug Spice, a form of synthetic marijuana
[...]
The bodies of the five children were found in garbage bags on a dirt track in Alabama after their father led police to the dumping ground. The police released this picture of the siblings at a news conference today

Last edited:
One of the articles stated that DSS would be releasing the entire case file this aftenoon (Wednesday)! I am very anxious to see this, because this shit just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't know if it is poor reporting or what. One article makes it out like he had primary custody and the other says he was supposed to bring the kids back to her on the 2nd and didn't show and she called the cops on the 3rd, like she was seriously alarmed, not - oh, my kids are just off with dad and I don't give a crap about them.

I agree on poor reporting and not much real info. But, I have read more articles that stated that he was given primary physical custody and her supervised visitations every other weekend than I have read that he was having a visit. The article that discussed releasing the DSS report stated that a child abuse report was taken in August of this year against him and that they didn't see anything at the first visit that was suspicious, but the case was still open when this happened and the second visit never happened because of that. I also read that she was just not able to get in touch with him, not that they were supposed to be returned to her. She was also quoted as saying there have been past incidences in which she was not able to contact him. I wonder if the current investigation has anything to do with him deciding to kill his kids now?

neither of them sound very stable
Im sorry her kids are dead but she moved in that trailer with hubby an kids
shortly afterwards according to neighbors
she move out and in with a neighbor and they had joint custody
Joint custody is great if your going to put aside your differences and make the kids number 1
sounds to me like he had not only drug issues but mental ones also
I think both parents failed these kids
she was wrapped up in the newest man in her life and he was wrapped up in doing his drugs
kids went dirty according to neighbors and drinking from neighbors hoses etc

Last edited:
Marlene Hyder said Jones threatened to kill one of their dogs when it briefly went onto his property.

'He was a nut'./QUOTE]
too bad no one seem to want to listen to her back in the day. hey not only was he a nut, he killed five children. and yes, i am still trying to wrap my brain around how long that had to have taken

Hard to separate fact from fiction at this point...guess we'll have to wait and see through discovery what the truth really is. What beautiful children. It sounds like the mother was not financially stable and didn't have a driver's license and other issues obviously related to the kids since she only had supervised visitation. I'm not ready to put too much blame on mom right now. It appears she did love her kids and was a part of their lives...but he also may have been a controlling ass who limited her contact and pulled the strings. He had the income to take care of five kids. She didn't. That may be why he got custody. That job in itself may be the only reason dad was considered "responsible". RIP babies.

Back