• You must be logged in to see or use the chatbox

Don't like ads? Then help out the site and GO BOLD!

mybum62

Trusted Member
I've been thinking about this...My theory is this...dad was afraid that with CPS involved ONCE AGAIN...he was fearful they would take the kids away...he believed his ex and her new younger boyfriend would get custody then...and he was not going to allow that...so the best way to prevent kids from being taken by the state and to hurt her...the ex...was to kill the kids so she could not have them.

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
Bold Member!
My vote is drugs. Specifically spice. When reality hits, he drives around for a few days, has family in Al and Ga, heads that way, and does more drugs trying to figure out what to do next.

mybum62

Trusted Member
My vote is drugs. Specifically spice. When reality hits, he drives around for a few days, has family in Al and Ga, heads that way, and does more drugs trying to figure out what to do next.
I'm not familiar with some drugs...like spice...and the effects they have on people. My only knowledge really is weed and it doesn't affect people for days at a time and keep people in a drugged stupor. What is spice and what does it do to someone?

Forensicwx

Final Roll Call 4153. STLCO 10-42 10/13 @ 1519
Bold Member!
I'm not familiar with some drugs...like spice...and the effects they have on people. My only knowledge really is weed and it doesn't affect people for days at a time and keep people in a drugged stupor. What is spice and what does it do to someone?
Spice is a type of synthetic weed, so it is chemically made. It's marketed as being safer than pot, however a user has absolutely no way of knowing what's in it, and usually comes with a label saying 'not intended for human consumption'. Because it's legal and not regulated, ppl cut it with crazy things.
It has been known to cause anxiety, paranoia and hallucinations. From what I've heard, here in the Midwest, bath salts are involved in many batches to bulk it up.
Sounds like pretty scary stuff. He still had some on him when they found him.
IMO, everything looking perfectly fine with all the kids, then overnight something happens and he has a drug history? That makes think it wasn't a mental/emotional breakdown thing.

Whisper

#byefelicia
South Carolina dad who killed 5 kids believed they were going to kill him, feed him to dogs: police
Tim Jones Jr. said his children, ages 1 to 8, were 'going to kill him, chop him up, and feed him to the dogs' when interviewed by deputies six days before the kids were reported missing, according to a recently filed arrest warrant obtained by WIS.
[....]
man accused of strangling his five children to death then tossing their bodies along a highway told police he believed they were going to kill him just days before they were reported missing, according to a shocking new report.

Tim Jones Jr. told deputies near a Lexington County Walmart on Aug. 28 that his children were "going to kill him, chop him up, and feed him to the dogs,
[...]
When deputies spoke with Jones, authorities said the deranged dad had forced his children, ages 1 to 8, to the backseat of his car.

How the incident was handled by authorities and why the children apparently remained in the man's custody after the twisted claim,
[...]
The Lexington County Sheriff's Office declined comment on the warrant, dated Sept. 11, when reached
[...]
We didn't authorize their release and we're not commenting on them," said Major John Allard of the warrant and other corresponding documents.
Six days after that bizarre incident
[...]
the children's mother reported him and the children missing from his Lexington County home,
[...]
According to reports from South Carolina's Department of Social Services, the Aug. 28 incident was not the first time the father's behavior had raised alarm.
Since 2011 records show that the father has been investigated for child abuse, notably in the months leading up to his children's murder
[...]
In response to one such allegation of physical abuse and neglected feeding on Aug. 13, a case worker stated: "Dad appears to be overwhelmed as he is unable to maintain the home, but the children appear to be clean, groomed and appropriately dressed."

Jones is charged with five counts of murder in connection with the deaths of his five children.

A request for comment from the state's Department of Social Services was not immediately returned
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/s-dad-killed-kids-feared-kill-cops-article-1.1943461

thebooblady

Trusted Member
I'm not 100% sure there was police involvement that day at Walmart. I think this was reported by him after he was arrested. No other article says there was, but I guess we will find out for sure soon enough.

China

La Mera Mera
South Carolina dad who killed 5 kids believed they were going to kill him, feed him to dogs: police
Tim Jones Jr. said his children, ages 1 to 8, were 'going to kill him, chop him up, and feed him to the dogs' when interviewed by deputies six days before the kids were reported missing, according to a recently filed arrest warrant obtained by WIS.
They should have.

thebooblady

Trusted Member
They are saying it happened that day. The Walmart they are referring to is less than three minutes from his house. He ordered them to the back of the vehicle, probably went home, and killed them. I would hope that if someone saw this, they would have reported it. Not sure what good it would have done tho considering the police take forever to arrive when contacted and despite there being a sheriff dept sub station directly across the street, there is never ever an officer there.

Krystal

Veteran Member
His lawyer asked not to seek the death penalty but the judge denied it.
That's not a decision that his lawyer has any say in. The seeking of the death penalty is completely up to the prosecution, the defense has no part of that dicussion. Because if the defense could have a say in that then no one would ever get sentenced to death because their lawyers would always asked for the death penalty to be taken off the table.

Krystal

Veteran Member
I wasn't saying that you mis-read anything, I was simply pointing out that the death penalty is a decision that the prosecution makes not the defense.

thebooblady

Trusted Member
I have been thinking about this case the last few days. Not a ton of information. He waived his court appearance. His lawyer asked not to seek the death penalty but the judge denied it. He's supposed to be in court again tomorrow, November 13th, my birthday no less. I still can't find any real details on why or how. Was he crazy? Was he on drugs? Was he killing them out of spite? This is one of those cases that will drive me insane forever.
They say something on the local news every now and again, but nothing important. They have a gag order in place so we won't hear much until after the trial.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
There are stories I don't comment on but keep up with regardless becoz sometimes what can you say other than what's already been said. I got the feels man. My heart hurts and my brain can't process how someone could murder their babies in coldblood like this?
I don't think anything they do to him will be as bad as what he did to his own kids. Beat him, kill him, set him on fire. It still won't be as bad as what he did. There is just some evil you can't be rid of.

CbabyRKO

Trumperdink Mussolini
Prosecutors plan to seek the death penalty against a South Carolina man charged with murdering his five children last year before driving their bodies across several states and dumping them in Alabama, according to local media reports.

Timothy Ray Jones Jr. faces murder charges in the September 2014 killings of his children, ages 1 though 8.

On Wednesday, Eleventh Circuit Solicitor Donald Myers in Lexington County, South Carolina, told a judge he planned to seek the death sentence again Jones, 33, according to a report in The State newspaper in Columbia, South Carolina.

The judge ordered a psychiatric evaluation of Jones at the request of prosecutors, the paper reported.

Neither Jones' public defender nor court officials could be reached for comment late Wednesday.
[...]
Jones, who worked for Intel Corp in Columbia, had joint legal custody of the children. The children's mother, his ex-wife Amber Jones, reported them missing on Sept. 3.

Detectives believe Jones killed his children about a week earlier after picking them up from school and day care, the Lexington County Sheriff's Department said.

One of them was beaten and the other four strangled, authorities have said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-carolina-seeks-execute-man-accused-killing-five-233829181.html

NoBS

While it's easy to blame public servants, the case file actually vindicates the SS case workers.
The fact that the father went off the deep end is obvious.
This is why humanity has found a bottomless well of hatred and anger. Chemically enhanced insanity.

araisner

http://www.wistv.com/story/28212514/indictments-detail-how-tim-jones-jr-allegedly-killed-his-5-children

The father of the five children that were murdered in late August has been indicted in their deaths with four allegedly being killed by strangulation, while one suffered other violent means leading to his death.

(...)

Jones later told authorities that he dumped their bodies in garbage bags in a rural area off Highway 10 near Camden, Ala. Investigators say the children were killed in Lexington County between or on Aug. 28 and Aug. 29, and then their bodies taken to the dump site in Alabama.

In court documents released to WIS, a Grand Jury indicted Jones on five counts of murder Jan. 12 in the deaths of his children – Mera, 8; Elias, 7; Nahtahn, 6; Gabriel, 2; and Abigail, 1. For Mera, Elias, Gabriel and Abigail, the indictments state the children were killed “by means of strangulation and/or other violent means or instruments” in Lexington County.

However, the indictment in Nahtahn's death says that he was killed by Jones “hitting or striking” him “by causing physical exhaustion, by mortally injuring or causing injuries” to the child “by means or instruments unknown and/or by unknown means of a wanton or reckless disregard for human life.”​

Satarah

Bold Member!
:pout::( :(:(:( Aww gawd, imagine the horror they must have felt!! Such beautiful babies! RIP little ones. <3

Right, he doesn't have any visitation or custody rights currently... I don't even push the issue that he doesn't pay his child support, just so he'll stay out of our lives lol. I don't trust him, he's proven that time and time again. I refuse to be a mom on this website haha. I've been lurking for years now, and have learned a lot;)

I can't even imagine how this mom feels. My heart goes out to her...
My ex-husband had a drug problem and I left him 3 days after my oldest was born. Took me five years to divorce him. In the meantime, he got another woman pregnant. He would not claim that child and the baby was taken from the mom, so I took custody of their baby. I was 22 with these two babies and not getting any help from him financially. Both are of legal age, but he still owes me over 20 grand in back child support. He tried to see our daughter when she was very small, but would only claim his other child if we got back together and raised her together. I told him to fuck off and raised them myself. He eventually went away and it was worth not getting any child support so I didn't have to deal with him.

I can't even begin to fathom how this mother must feel. My heart is breaking for her and the sweet innocent children whose lives were taken. I can't imagine life without my kids, so my heart truly grieves for this mother. I hope this deceiver is punished daily with remembrances of the children who loved and adored him and how he should of protected them instead of betraying them and robbing them of their lives. May he rot in hell/Hades for eternity!

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A father who police said killed his five young children in their South Carolina home and then drove their bodies around for more than a week is about to stand trial for his life.

Jury selection is set to begin Monday in Lexington County in the death penalty case of Timothy Jones Jr.

Jones is charged with five counts of murder for killing his children, ages 8, 7, 6, 2 and 1, in their Lexington home in August 2014. Indictments said he strangled four of them and beat the other.

Jones then wrapped the bodies in plastic bags, put them in the back of his SUV and drove around the Southeast for a week.

Well into the trip, Jones buried his children on a rural hillside near Camden, Alabama, police said.

When he was arrested at a drunken driving checkpoint in Smith County, Mississippi, an officer smelled a terrible odor and found blood, maggots and children's clothes in the SUV, authorities said.

Jones' lawyers have filed court papers saying he plans an insanity defense. Jury selection will likely take most, if not all this week.

Jones, 37, was a software engineer and was given custody of his children after his marriage started to fall apart.

The computer engineer struggled as a single father, according to records from the Department of Social Services, whose employees visited the home a dozen times in three years.

I have sole custody of my boys because their father is crazy (literally bipolar) and moved 1200 miles away. He had supervised visitation, but as of right now, hasn't spoken to them in an entire year. Well, last time we spoke, he kept asking if they could come visit him and his gf... Being very pushy about it, and starting fights. In between everything there has been a lot of crazy shit (on his part) that has happened. I am absolutely terrified of letting them go see him...., and for this same reason! I couldn't go on without my boys, and I try everything within my power to protect them. Especially because I know how he was, even though he says now that he's changed... Haha!
trust your mommy intuition

Staff online

Members online