• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia

2m3mmo4.jpg

SANDUSKY, Ohio — An apparent joke between a mother and two children ended with criminal charges earlier this week.

It happened Monday when Sandusky police received a complaint about Tiffany Ennis, 31, from the father of her son.

The father, Rudy Yado, tells FOX 8 News that he received a text from Ennis showing a picture of their son, who is seven years old, with his eyes and mouth covered in duct tape. Yado says there were no words sent in the text, just the picture.

He reportedly texted Ennis back saying he didn’t find the photo funny. She disagreed, stating that not only did she think it was funny, but their son did also, police said.

Yado says he then tried calling Ennis.

“All I could think about was why did she do it? I wanted her to tell me why she did it but she hung up on me,â€￾ said Yado.

Yado then called Sandusky police to investigate.

“I think somebody made a bad judgement,â€￾ said Detective Sgt. Dana Newell of the Sandusky Police Department, adding “I just don’t think it was a wise decision.â€￾

Newell says detectives went to a school and interviewed the boy and the daughter of a friend who was also wrapped in duct tape.

Neither of the children appeared to have been harmed and told police it was all for fun.

“They were playing around and the mom got involved,â€￾ said Newell. “It was all for fun, playing around. We checked them over and luckily they didn’t have any injuries.â€￾

The case was forwarded to the Erie County Children Services, where it was learned that Ennis had allegedly duct taped another child’s eyes, head and mouth, as well as her son’s.

A spokesperson for the agency declined comment on Thursday, saying they could no longer talk about it since the case had been turned over to a local prosecutor.

Yado says Ennis has custody of their children. He says he is on disability and is behind on making child support payments for which he expects to serve a 30-day jail sentence.

Yado denies turning in Ennis for any reason other than he was concerned for his children.

Ennis was charged with two counts of child endangering. She plead not guilty to the charges.
[....]
http://fox8.com/2013/02/21/police-mom-duct-taped-sons-face/?hpt=ju_bn5

Boy, it's pretty ridiculous. All for fun, the kids agree and said as much, and now she's facing charges. Well, I guess the number one lesson from this is: Don't text pictures of these kinds of things to people. Really. Even though it's in fun and there's nothing anyone in the photo is upset about, RESIST the urge to share. Better yet, don't take any pictures at all. The number two lesson: Don't play in any manner that could be mistaken for abuse with your children and certainly not with anyone else's. So, don't chase, tickle, wrestle, tie, tape, dress, tap, cut, fence, or spar, box, or teach martial arts to a kid.

My mom still have picture of me, all taped up with duct tape. I was five. I found a box of duct tapes. Wrapped around me and my head. My mom thought it was funny, she snapped a picture. It's still in frame in her home.

While i appreciate any father being sincerely concerned for their children..I think this dude over-reacted..A LOT. Thats retarded if she gets charged..seriously...

Yado says Ennis has custody of their children. He says he is on disability and is behind on making child support payments for which he expects to serve a 30-day jail sentence.

Yado denies turning in Ennis for any reason other than he was concerned for his children.

I think he was not concerned about anything so much as getting back on her for the 30 days in prison he is facing. Revenge is behind this case.

Back