• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Three people are in custody after Mayes County authorities say a 9-year-old Salina girl was beaten, starved and handcuffed in her home.

Joel Smith, Amanda Smith, and Allison Smith are in custody and are all charged with felony child neglect and child abuse.

Mayes County Sheriff's Office said the Smiths are the girl's guardians, and Joel Smith is her biological uncle. She referred to them as her parents and sister in an affidavit because she thinks of them that way, authorities said.

An affidavit of probable cause said a deputy was called to a Salina home April 5 after the little girl was reported missing. She was found nearby and told the deputy she didn't want to go back home because her father, mother, and sister were mean to her.

The child was in severe pain with swollen feet, discolored spots on her arms and legs, and she appeared to weigh much less than the average 9-year-old, the affidavit states.

The girl was also described as very dirty with stained, torn clothing and unwashed hair. She smelled of urine and feces and was wearing a diaper, the affidavit states. Court records say she also had an infected laceration around her right ankle and the leg appeared red and hot to the touch.

"She stated that a pair of handcuffs caused the injury because she was handcuffed by her leg inside a 'Pack N' Play' at night so she would not get up in the middle of the night," the deputy said.

The child told the deputy she was only fed once or twice a day and would go into the kitchen at night to eat "moldy food or paper out of the trash and sometimes food for the animals because she was hungry."

She also told authorities her parents wouldn't let her use the toilet in the bathroom but gave her one or two diapers a day. Her parents and sister hit her with hands, a belt and a livestock sorting stick and made her work outside during all weather conditions, the affidavit states.

Law officers interviewed the Smiths and said they saw the handcuffs where the girl told them they were kept. The parents reportedly said they had taken the child from school in 2017 and taught her using "Leap Frog" on a tablet. The older daughter was enrolled in school and in ROTC

The girl was also described as very dirty with stained, torn clothing and unwashed hair. She smelled of urine and feces (sentsy air fresheners again) and was wearing a diaper, the affidavit states.... she was nine for Christ sakes... she wasn’t aloud to use the toilet... got to or 3 a day...

Mayes County Sheriff's Office said the Smiths are the girl's guardians, and Joel Smith is her biological uncle. She referred to them as her parents and sister in an affidavit because she thinks of them that way, authorities said.

I'm guessing that Allison is in fact the girls bio mom. Probably impregnated by dad or uncle and had the baby and her mom (Amanda) is "raising" her.

If that's not the case, then Allison is a naughty girl. I'll punish her.

Last edited:
"hit her with... a livestock sorting stick"

so, she was just another farm animal for them. she even slept in a 'pen' - seriously, a nine year old shouldn't even fit in a pack and play.

Gotta be honest here and lay this all at the feet of the "dad"in the family. Dude Looks Like a totally abusive POS. The mother God just kill it with fire make sure it's done. As for the daughter rehabilitate her in a brothel

His face says "Yeah, so fuckin' what? "

ETA: Betting he's a control freak, Allison has been molested, and mom's excuse "I knew it was wrong, but I didn't know what to dooooooo!"
Totally agree that the piece o'shit on the left is a control freak and another damn sociopath who doesn't give two shits about anybody but himself. The beast in the middle: not her first time getting her portrait made at the big house. She knows what she's doing. The girl on the right? I almost hope you are right...almost...because I see a look of defiance and hostility in her that needs to be beaten right out of her. Do you see it?

I don't care if I am required to take care of my own 9 year old (which I have done successfully more than once) or somebody else's 9 year old. That young'un will be cared for just like she was my own. Don't care if she came to me with annoying problems. That just makes me work double time to get her on the right page... I've had a theory for a long time. We need to figure out a way to identify the damn sociopaths walking the streets in our communities. Here is a good example of at least 2 sociopaths, and maybe 3. They need to be held down and branded across their foreheads so that the rest of us know to stay away from them. They do nothing but cause harm, misery and financial ruin to everybody around them. Why? Because they get pleasure out of causing misery.
Post automatically merged:

She's their niece, dad's in prison.
That poor girl! That piece o'shit on the left is the best family member DSS could find?? As much as I am doubtful about a lot of foster families being a better placement for kids who need a home (judging by the horror stories I read in the news) surely a foster family would have been a better placement than an uncle like this one? Did DSS do any kind of background check? Did they do a home inspection? Where was DSS when it came time for regular follow ups? It took time for the girl to lose weight, become dirty and wounded all over, etc.

Last edited:
Back