• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Three men have been sentenced to life in prison for the murder of three women filmed singing and clapping at a wedding in Pakistan.

The 2012 video showed five women clapping as a man danced in the deeply conservative area of Kohistan, Pakistan.

A local cleric was accused of ordering the deaths of male and female guests after they were allegedly celebrating in a room together, despite strict tribal customs that separate men and women at weddings.

The group had allegedly defied the patriarchal notion of 'honour', however video footage does not show the men and women together.

The three convicted men are related to the women killed. Umar Khan is the brother of Begum Jaan, Saier Khan is the father of Bazigha and Sabeer Khan is the father of Seerin Jaan.

The fate of the other two women is unknown but a woman named Shaheen, who was under 18 is believed to have been present.

District public prosecutor Attaullah said three of the women in the video were murdered and the three men were given life imprisonment for each murder.

The defendants' lawyer Sarfaraz Khan said they would fight the decision in a higher court.

However five other men were acquitted by the court in Besham, in the north-western Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

The notorious 'honour killings' case in the mountainous northern region attracted international attention since it first emerged.

Women have been shot, stabbed, stoned, set alight and strangled for bringing 'shame' on their families for everything from refusing marriage proposals to wedding the 'wrong' man and helping friends elope.

Men can be victims of 'honour killings' too, though it is rarer.

The video came to light after a relative of those in the video, Afzal Kohistani, claimed the women had been killed.

Mr Kohistani took the rare step of pushing the case before the media and the justice system.

Those ultra conservative clerics are there to make sure no one has any fun or feels any sense of personal freedom of expression. I wouldn't last 5 minutes there. And, fuck their god who proves to be just as big an asshole as the rest of "supreme beings".

Oh Pakistan. India's less rapey more religious and homicidal neighbor. A nuclear exchange between the 2 might not be a bad thing.
I like to think of Pakistan as India's retarded inbred cousin. They both literally smell like shit and unwashed armpits, and I agree a small exchange of about a baker's dozen of 20kt warheads would clean that festering pigsty wonderfully.

Back