• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

What did you think?

• Yay

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't see it\Not interested

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
61yDfkwHJTL._SL1333_.jpg

For me, this is probably my favorite movie of 2017. I say probably only because it was one of the last good movies I saw for the year... but the story was awesome as was the setting and the performances from every single person in the movie. It was unreal. Particularly Frances McDormand (as usual) and Sam Rockwell (almost as usual).

It's one of those great "based on true events" type crime films that handled things realistically... probably not what the average movie-goer wants in a movie that deals with a mother wanting justice for a daughter who was raped and murdered, but for people like you and I -- people who eat crime stories much worse than that for breakfast -- it was a welcome respite from films in which the good guys win and the bad guys always get their just deserts.

I 100 percent recommend this one and it is one of the few movies from last year I will own. Anyone else watch this? What did you think?

I loved it, but then again I love Francis McDormand, she is her usual fabulous self in this, of course having Peter Dinklage:) in it, didn't hurt anything either. Don't wanna post any spoilers, so go watch it, you'll like it too, I promise.

I liked the sound track ... and her robe, it was pretty.

anguish and grace ... I wish it was longer.

I'd like to see her face when they get there.

I loved this film! After watching it I looked up the case that this is "based" off of..(i think) how freaking sad! All this mother wants is justice and to be able to lay her daughter to rest. Everyone deserves that!

Michael Stuhlbarg was in 3 Oscar-nominated movies this year, including Three Billboards, and it frustrates me because he's consistently a great actor who picks interesting roles but doesn't get credit for them

Greatly enjoyed it. Hilarious movie with some tremendous performances.

THe one thing i despised about it though, and i just cant get over it, is how absurd and unrealistic it is that Sam Rockwells character can commit such a horrifying, brutal assault right in front of numerous witnesses, to include the big wig State law enforcement official sent down to take things over, and he doesnt get arrested or charged with nothing. It was fucking OUTRAGEOUS. Everything else in the movie feels so authentic, yet we have this bit of complete, viewer insulting nonsense. Just a mindblowing bit of absurdity in an otherwise down to earth, VERY well written movie.

I agree with you about Sam Rockwell's character's actions and the seemingly non-existent circumstances. I chalked it up to just being believable in the world Thee Billboards created (although I admit that is a very long reach as the rest of the situations depicted were pretty much grounded in reality) or that any legal consequences where in process but never shown or discussed in the film. Maybe there's a deleted scene or something that could help make the suspension of disbelief a little easier.

I agree with you about Sam Rockwell's character's actions and the seemingly non-existent circumstances. I chalked it up to just being believable in the world Thee Billboards created (although I admit that is a very long reach as the rest of the situations depicted were pretty much grounded in reality) or that any legal consequences where in process but never shown or discussed in the film. Maybe there's a deleted scene or something that could help make the suspension of disbelief a little easier.

See i tried to rationalize it that way, that perhaps more legal troubles would ensue later but it just wasnt going to be a plot point of the movie. However, given the severity of the assault, there's no way he wouldnt have been arrested on the spot.

Good movie otherwise, but shit, that was just too dumb.

Back