• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Federal Way Police say 33-year-old Thomas Sims assaulted his 9-month-old son named JeVaun at an apartment complex in Federal Way on August 25th out of anger and frustration.

The child sustained a skull fracture to the back of his head with bleeding on the brain and was in extremely critical condition. He spent almost four weeks in the hospital and had two brain surgeries.

In court documents, Sims is accused of causing the injury to JeVaun, because the baby would not take a nap. In two interviews with detectives, Sims denied that he injured his son, said he loved his kids and would never hurt them.

JeVaun’s mother, Brandie Bowen, rode in the ambulance to the hospital with her son after police say she heard a scream and Sims brought him out of the bedroom limp in his arms. They called 911. Thomas did not show up at the hospital for more than an hour. Brandie told detectives that was because she learned he went to pick up a friend from the blood donation center and they went home and smoked marijuana together.

JeVaun has been released from the hospital but the long-term effects to his health are not known yet. “He shouldn’t have to live his life like this, because somebody else got frustrated and didn’t want to be the parent they were supposed to be to him. When I look at him he looks like the same baby. I can just tell he doesn’t have the spark that he used to,” said Brandie.

A doctor who specializes in Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect examined the medical evidence and determined that JeVaun's injuries were most likely caused by an "impact and/or a shake and impact and that these injuries were not accidental trauma" which occurred very close to the time the 911 call was made.

Detectives say Sims had claimed he was going to go to Las Vegas and 'fight the charges from Nevada,' but could be in the Everett area of Snohomish County, or in south King County.

He is 6'1", 180 pounds and sometimes wears black glasses. Sims does not have a car. He takes the bus or uses Lyft to get around. Sims may be in Federal Way or Marysville and is active on the dating site 'Plenty of Fish'.
1570313645372.png
1570313680629.png

Last edited by a moderator:
hey maybe I will happen to see him here in methville WA

You'll know i'm in Methville by the recent body count. Corpses with no drugs or change in their pockets. Follow the trail to my little cardboard box house.
Post automatically merged:

For the record? If i'm killing motherfuckers it's out of compulsion and pain...NOT drugs. I can hit the local hardware store and pharmacy and make most my own drugs. Everything else I can grow...Ugh....Not about me.. This dude needs his head cut the fuck off and this baby needs a big pair of titties to nestle in.

Last edited:
1675710283404.png

A Federal Way father who was accused of brutally fracturing his infant son's skull after the newborn refused to take a nap in 2019 has been sentenced to five and a half years in prison.
Thomas Ray Sims, 33 at the time of the incident, allegedly hurt his 9-month-old baby boy JeVaun out of anger and frustration for not taking a nap at an apartment complex in Federal Way on Aug. 25, 2019. Following the attack, the infant suffered bleeding in his brain, spent a month in the hospital, and had to undergo two surgeries, FOX 13 Seattle reported.
On Aug. 25, 2019, Sims’ girlfriend, Brandie Bowen, who was in the kitchen washing dishes heard Sims tell their son to lay down in his playpen. After a while, she again heard him telling the baby to lie down, this time in an angry tone. A short time later, she heard the baby screaming loudly before the newborn suddenly went silent.

Sims then reportedly brought the limp baby out of the bedroom and showed the unresponsive boy to his girlfriend. A distraught Bowen immediately called 911 and rushed the baby to St. Francis Hospital for treatment. At the health facility, the doctors determined that the infant was in extremely critical condition and had suffered a skull fracture and internal bleeding that required immediate surgery, according to Federal Way Mirror.
One month before the incident, in July. 5, 2019, Sims was reportedly involved in a domestic violence incident and had reportedly hit the infant's head on a refrigerator.
Bowen expressed her disappointment in the sentence because her son will have life-long disabilities from his injuries.

"We've been told that he's possibly not going to be able to walk so we are waiting for a wheelchair. He doesn't walk. He doesn't crawl so he's basically fully dependent. We don't know if that's going to change or if it will ever change," Bowen said.
The judge sentenced Sims to five and a half years in prison and also ordered him to undergo a mental health evaluation.

One month before the incident, in July. 5, 2019, Sims was reportedly involved in a domestic violence incident and had reportedly hit the infant's head on a refrigerator.

Bowen expressed her disappointment in the sentence because her son will have life-long disabilities from his injuries.

"We've been told that he's possibly not going to be able to walk so we are waiting for a wheelchair. He doesn't walk. He doesn't crawl so he's basically fully dependent. We don't know if that's going to change or if it will ever change," Bowen said.

I am disappointed in the mother for letting him around the child the first time he injured the baby.

When he gets out I wonder if she will allow him contact with boy.

Back