• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man is to stand trial accused of endangering the life of a 13-month-old girl by putting her in a tumble dryer and switching it on.

Thomas Dunn, from Hamilton, appeared in the dock today accused of causing the infant severe and life-threatening injuries twice in the space of three weeks last winter.

The 25-year-old is also alleged to have repeatedly assaulted another baby over the course of almost three years by putting his hand over the boy's mouth and pinching his nose, restricting his breathing.

Prosecutors claim he placed the baby girl in a tumble dryer and closed the door, causing the machine to activate and the inner drum to rotate.

The alleged incident happened between December 28, 2017 and January 8 this year.

Between those days Dunn is said to have assaulted the same girl by restricting her breathing.

On January 8, he allegedly battered her on the head and body, slammed her against a surface and bit her on the arm.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...bXHXa1F-akRdd5N6YhnFn8cboiOvLSvPeoJE-UUNH_nLg

Attachments

• dryer.jpg
    dryer.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,542
I don't get how he could do this twice in the space of ten days and no one noticed it the first time? She had to have bruising from tumbling around in the dryer. Leads me ot believe the parents aren't really paying attention.

A man has been found guilty of a "monstrous" assault after a one-year-old girl was put in a tumble drier.

The 13-month-old toddler suffered serious injuries in the attack, which left her with fractures to her skull, bruises and a bite mark on her arm.

Thomas Dunn, 25, carried out the sickening abuse at his flat in Arbroath, Scotland, on January 8 last year.

He took her to hospital when he found she was unresponsive.

Following a five-day trial a jury found Dunn guilty of endangering the child's life by repeatedly striking her on the head and body and striking her against an unknown object or objects.

He was also found guilty of culpable and reckless conduct over an earlier incident that saw him place the girl in a tumble dryer at his home, in the presence of the child's mother.

Giving evidence during the trial, she said she heard a "thud" and turned around to see her in the machine with the door closed.

The Crown earlier dropped two further charges of assault, one on the girl and another on a young boy.

Last edited:
I don't get how he could do this twice in the space of ten days and no one noticed it the first time? She had to have bruising from tumbling around in the dryer. Leads me ot believe the parents aren't really paying attention.
Someone wasn't noticing much because he tortured another baby for 3 years.
. The 25-year-old is also alleged to have repeatedly assaulted another baby over the course of almost three years by putting his hand over the boy's mouth and pinching his nose, restricting his breathing.

The toddler's mother, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, said she had let her Dunn take care of her child on three occasions because she had been finding it difficult to cope.

She said: "I felt like he was a support at that time."

She left her child with Dunn, of Hamilton, South Lanarkshire, on the day of the assault while she visited a friend, the court heard.

The mother later received contact saying the girl had bumped into her buggy and had a bleeding nose.
He sent a message to her, which read: "I'm just raging as I thought she was chilling watching Paw Patrol then I heard the thud."

Dunn, who denied hitting the girl, later contacted the girl's mother to say he was taking the child to a minor injuries unit because she did not seem well after her nap and was "flopping to one side". He also said he noticed a small lump on her head.

An ambulance was called and an examination at hospital revealed two fractures to her skull.
Dunn's defence advocate Niall McCluskey said the tumble dryer incident had been a "stupid piece of tomfoolery", although he added that he did not wish to diminish the charge.
1560165109977.png

Last edited:
9 September 2019
A man who put a 13-month-old girl in a tumble dryer has been jailed for seven years.
Thomas Dunn claimed he had only "assisted" the toddler, saying the child had been climbing into the machine herself.

Dunn, 25, said he did not fully close the machine door on the child, but the dryer activated and started rotating.

He was also found guilty of causing fractures to the child's skull during an assault.

Dundee Sheriff Alistair Brown told Dunn that he could only impose a five year sentence on him and remitted the case to the High Court.

Judge Lord Brodie sentenced Dunn to seven years imprisonment and three years supervision following his release, at the High Court in Edinburgh.

Defence advocate Niall McCluskey said: "He suffers from depression and mental health problems.

"He also accepts that the imposition of a prison sentence is inevitable."

Last edited:
Back