• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Jaded

Staff member
CANTON A city police officer who was struck on his head at least twice by a man using a baseball bat Sunday afternoon was in serious condition in Aultman Hospital's intensive care unit.

Officer John Clark, 58, was assaulted inside the Wal-Mart at 4000 Tuscarawas St. W around 1 p.m. while responding to a call concerning a panhandler, according to police. The suspect, a 23-year-old Canton man, is facing three felony charges.

The suspect, David J. Carter of 506 Aultman Ave. NW, was charged with felonious assault on a peace officer, aggravated robbery and aggravated burglary. Police also charged Carter with misdemeanor resisting arrest.

Police apprehended Carter a short distance south of Wal-Mart after cornering him in a garage in the 1100 block of Valleyview Avenue SW.

"He was taken into custody after we used a Taser on him," McKimm said. "He continued to threaten officers with a baseball bat."

The aggravated robbery charge stems from allegations that Carter took the baseball bat from Wal-Mart. And the aggravated burglary charge involves allegations the suspect broke into a garage to escape police.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=417653&r=0&Category=15&subCategoryID=0

Hunting down a mug on this weeks star.....

We really should come up with a "pet name" to call Wal-Mart perps and crimes. There are so damn many of them that they could almost have a category of their own.

yayyy!! wal-psycho? wal-dorks? wal-perp? just call it sam's town? hmm i feel that i am off my game this mornin.

Wally World Wack-o of the Week?

WalMart Weirdo of the Week?

WalMart Freak of the Week?

Back