• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

knockout

The Californian, Go Brandon
Bold Member!
I just can’t agree with this PC bullshit it has gotten so out of hand

A 12-year-old Overland Park girl formed a gun with her fingers, pointed at four of her Westridge Middle School classmates one at a time, and then turned the pretend weapon toward herself.

Police hauled her out of school in handcuffs, arrested her and charged the child with a felony for threatening.

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article235891762.html#storylink=cpy

Pointing a finger gun lands 12-year-old Johnson County student in handcuffs

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article235891762.html#storylink=cpy

wicked web story . w/ o being able to read it, in its entirety .... This, is not to far f/ us so we hear it over & over on talk radio / news Case of the boys , carrying weapons in backpack > was maybe reported twice, then story / news dropped - nothing more said. Lucky, not one of those guys went crazy craze on people/ the crowd. Could have played out really bad but really, KC is a hot bed, seems people exploded over the slightest. Overland Park - was the safe side of town.... YIKES > then, fricken see this news > "The dismembered remains of a horse were found Monday in Kessler Park in Kansas City "

When I was in highschool in the 70's I was that studious nerd with good grades.. I didn't party or date. My pasttimes were horses, classical music, old movies, books. I was exceptionally good at German. I won the "Most Individual" prize in the yearbook, an "honour" reserved for seniors. Such innocent times. I collected stamps when I could get them for free. I received a stamp catalog in the mail. There were lots of Nazi Era stamps available, so I cut out those images from the catalog and glued them to my german notebook. Also several opera images from Wagner. (Family big opera fans. Do any older members remember when the Texaco Metropolitan Opera Matinee was a Saturday afternoon tradition? We subscribed to the Met Opera magazine. )
Teachers just laughed at my eccentric teenagery. I won all the awards for foreign language.
What would happen to me today?

I don't think it was the finger gun as much as the fact that she was using it to point out which students she would like to kill. It wasn't exactly a joke under those circumstances.
If I recall from reading about this a few days ago, the girl was ASKED "if you were going to kill 5 people, who would you choose?". She indicated 4 classmates and herself. To me, that is different than her walking up to a group and indicating "I'd like to kill you guys".

This whole thing is stupid. Like the 7 year old who was expelled for bringing a 2" toy gun from one of his action figures to school in his pocket. Common sense, people, it's not that hard, that's why it's called common.

Last edited:
^^^This^^^ Especially if she was being bullied by these four as I've seen in some news articles.
Yes, Almost like she was set up, as part of the bullying. I remember being relentlessly bullied. Mostly girls, boys were indifferent. Even girls picked on my boobs more than boys.
Making teen melodrama a piece of the national hysteria is ridiculous. This is supposed to be settled by parents and school amongst themselves. Instead of tamping down the melodrama and keeping it in the immediate community, too many adults in the situation are joining the teen fray for internet attention, when they should be working on it privately face to face. But social media conflict is so much easier than fumbling human contact.
Social media encourqges exponential superstitious witch hunt mentality amongst people who seek gossip and melodrama over substance.

I hate to say this because I have a kid who's been bullied his entire schooling, but I think in a lot of cases bullying is being used as an excuse for bad behavior when caught. Its never an issue until the kid gets in trouble.

If her daughter really was punched in the mouth she should have proof of it. Police report, doctors check up etc etc. Potentially footage from the bus. I have almost all physical incidents that have happened to my son recorded in some form or fashion. Eight years worth. My kid got punched in the mouth end of last year knocked his tooth right out. I've got pictures along with a doctors visit(he was punched and kicked all over his body with extensive bruising) and 3 dental visits. There's also an incident report on file with the police in case the need to charge the school(or kid) arises. The school tried its best not to report the incident to the school board. I raised such a stink over it(they got a federal investigation) that the school announced last week they have been forced to shut down and merge students into another school.

All staff have lost their positions and wont be apart of the merge. The federal investigation found catastrophic failures across the board from inadequate teaching methods to falsely filed reports(my kid, along with others, has parts of his educational record falsified in addition to the missing report about the fight) right down to missing funds. While a school will hide or down play bullying because it gets them into shit, parents have other avenues available. Ones that deal with the bullies and the unresponsive school.

None of the parents ever seem to have proof that bullying has been happening. There's never a trail of paper work from the parents fighting to resolve it. They'd end the discussion instantly by showing it. Charges would be dropped. The fact that they haven't showed anything suggesting she's been bullied, or even pointed to conversations with the school about it, leads me to believe either she was being bullied because she's not the nicest kid(they prelude to that in more than a couple articles) or that she's not being bullied at all.

Back